Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway Delivery

Options
  • 18-12-2011 2:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

I ordered from http://subwaywestside.com/ yesterday and paid using Paypal. After about 50 minutes I hadn't received it, so rang them. They told me they had no record of the transation, despite me looking at the confirmation emails and Paypal receipt. He asked if I'd like to re-order, I said no not really because I've already paid, around this time my phone cut out as I ran out of credit. I hoped they might call me back but I guess it's in their best interest to just take my money.

I have opened a dispute with Paypal, do you think I have any chance of getting my money back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yes of course because PayPal will see you have paid and that subway have no record of the transaction. Unless there is some scam going on with their deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

If they are on JustEat.ie, you would be better off there, as the restaurant has to actually accept the order

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

I ordered from http://subwaywestside.com/ yesterday and paid using Paypal. After about 50 minutes I hadn't received it, so rang them. They told me they had no record of the transation, despite me looking at the confirmation emails and Paypal receipt. He asked if I'd like to re-order, I said no not really because I've already paid, around this time my phone cut out as I ran out of credit. I hoped they might call me back but I guess it's in their best interest to just take my money.

I have opened a dispute with Paypal, do you think I have any chance of getting my money back?

Why should they call you back? Your the one with the issue so you call them back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

lala88 wrote: »
    Why should they call you back? Your the one with the issue so you call them back

customer service ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Perhaps they didn't call back as they may have thought you'd hung up on them rather than run out of credit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

customer service ;)

Would they have his name and number though? Seems to me that since they had no record of the order, they would have no idea who to call back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Yes for all they know you just hung up. Alot of people seem companys just assume they want them to call them back with out actually letting them know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

customer service ;)

Had you given them your phone number before you got cut off...

Advertisement