Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: changing specialization

Options
  • 18-12-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Rolled consular and when I hit lvl 10 got the choice of specialization and decided to go shadow as the dual blade looked kinda cool.

Always been a healer up to now in any mmo I've played and now I'm having second thoughts about going dps spec. Is there any way of changing my spec at this point or will they be bringing in something in the near future to allow me to do so?

Really dont want to have to roll again :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Theres a skill vendor on Imperial that resets your skills, has to be similar on Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

you can respec your talents but not you main spec if you shadow you stay shadow , if you want to go sage you need to roll another char

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

jeawan wrote: »
    you can respec your talents but not you main spec if you shadow you stay shadow , if you want to go sage you need to roll another char

Serious? :( That's no fun then. Guess i was spoilt with Rifts care free attitude of go whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It's not unusual in an MMO. Originally in DAOC you chose your architype (healer, melee, caster, rogue) and at level 5 you chose your final class.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It makes sense in that it's really 8 classes available not 4. They're just condensed into 4 core "classes" to limit the amount of work needed for storytelling and associated stuff I'd say (4 sets of companions instead of 8, 4 ships etc).

• Advertisement
Advertisement