Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions On Project Maths 3 Book?

• 18-12-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm doing higher level maths, at the moment and would like to find out about your opinions on the book,

I find it really difficult to comprehend because its like the book expects you to know everything with the small examples they made, If i want to learn something related to maths im better off searching on the internet.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i think it was very rushed so it is less organised than it should be which can be really annoying as well. the example don't always cover how to do the harder questions but i think that's part of maths - you're given the basics and you need to use your own initiative to figure out the mechanics behind what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Just going on the blue one I have for 2012, its clear it was very rushed. Its missing loads of examples and types of questions that show up in the papers pretty frequently. All the questions are too easy, no harder than maybe a tough bii. All the answers at the back are wrong too which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Who is the author/publisher of the book you are discussing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm talking about the blue one by george humphrey and edco.

Advertisement