Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a large jar of bird seed on Mt Tallant Ave!

Options
  • 18-12-2011 6:51pm

Definitely the strangest thing I've ever misplaced and had to ask if anyone has seen... the only reason I am asking is because it also seems like the strangest thing to nick!

We were putting things into the car beside the woodworkers place on the Harolds Cross Road end of Mt Tallant Avenue, boyfriend put this large glass jar full of budgie seed on the wall, and forgot about it. My flatmate did go up to check for it two hours after but it wasn't there! Neither bird seeds nor glass jars are expensive, so it's not a concern, but my curiousity is through the roof, I just can't imagine why anyone would take this! Definitely wasn't knocked over and broken/spilled, there would be plenty of evidence of that on the path!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

council workers coulda come along and put it into the bin,it is rubbish after all if it is left lying around..

maybe someone living there took it into their house as it was just lying there..

mayb one of the businesses there took it in coz it was cluttering up the wall and making the place look untidy..

mayb some passing kids picked it up and took it around the corner then smashed it onto the ground

mayb some people wlaking past took it then went where there are birds and threw all the seed out then put the jar in a bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

CJ068.jpg

CyberJuice wrote: »
    council workers coulda come along and put it into the bin,it is rubbish after all if it is left lying around..
    God you make it sound like I left about 15 quid's worth of petfood lying around deliberately! Disappeared between 1pm and 3pm Saturday afternoon so not likely to be rubbish collections.
    maybe someone living there took it into their house as it was just lying there..
    Thought this is most likely, intend to ask tomorrow evening.
    mayb one of the businesses there took it in coz it was cluttering up the wall and making the place look untidy..
    The only business (which I mentioned) not open at weekends.
    mayb some passing kids picked it up and took it around the corner then smashed it onto the ground
    Also very plausible, another thing to look for tomorrow, that amount of bird seed wont disappear in a hurry.
    mayb some people wlaking past took it then went where there are birds and threw all the seed out then put the jar in a bin
    Wouldn't mind, but honestly? More likely they went after the jar than the seed, it was this really pretty jar, the large type with the sealed lid used for storing spagetti, picked it up from a house I was renting some years ago as a previous tenant had left it behind. The jar would definitely have had more appeal than the seed.

I've had to buy more food already so it isn't a massive deal, but the curiousity will be the death of me!

I rang Terenure garda station... was mortified trying to explain what I'd lost, wishing I hadn't tried to call at all... but my boyfriend wound me up till I did... the policewoman was suitably not impressed, but very kindly she did put me through to Rathmines on the off chance they might have it... the gard in Rathmines thought this was the greatest thing ever... couldn't stop laughing at me... said "I'll actually go and check, cause that does seem like a really weird thing to nick, but then it's a really weird thing to lose on the road too!" Fair play to him that he did check, I knew it was probably a ridiculous idea, at least I gave him some amusement!

Advertisement