Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should adam johnson leave man city?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Im sorry but thats just made me laugh. I know its off topic but Arsenal a Lower club? :eek: :D
    Well, they are lower in the league than Man City at the moment so it's technically correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

conno16 wrote: »
    very little premiership action in last 2 yrs
    very hot and cold
    no gaffer would take a big gamble on him at this point
    prob 5m would be a top bid

whereas - if he went out on loan to a lower club who like to play attacking football (arsenal maybe?) he could demonstrate over a few months that (a) city should be starting him more often or (b) that hes a top prem player that should get onto the starting 11 of all other clubs

I guess you're serious, so wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

oo someone's a moaning Michael this morning :pac:

(said in the voice of graham norton from father ted)

Thanks for clearing that up.

I had originally used the voice of Shere Khan from the Jungle Book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Just signed a new 5 year contract.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yes, and he should go to Liverpool.

And why in the world would he be so stupid to do that? lol.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't hurt him to be playing and training with Silva in fairness.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just scored a belter :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just scored a belter :D
    reinforces my point.everytime the boy is on the pitch he does something magic. i dont think they play him enough.

He just signed a new 5 year contract, he comes on scores goals and is happy at the club.

Why leave Man City and go to Liverpool for example and not win anything? Makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

If somebody like Henderson is worth 20m then who could blame City for asking 30 or more for Johnson.

Anybody who thinks that Johnson's career is being adversely affected by staying at City is clearly mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If somebody like Henderson is worth 20m then who could blame City for asking 30 or more for Johnson.

Anybody who thinks that Johnson's career is being adversely affected by staying at City is clearly mad.
    His career probably isn't. His level of recognition definitely is though. He's the best English winger of his generation imo by some level and the fact he isn't starting every game in an England shirt is because he doesn't play week in week out for his club imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Liam O wrote: »
    His career probably isn't. His level of recognition definitely is though. He's the best English winger of his generation imo by some level and the fact he isn't starting every game in an England shirt is because he doesn't play week in week out for his club imo.

His level of recognition eh, it's a moot point. It could be said that his RL is only being enhanced by being at a club like City.

Are there more followers of City, the Champions League and the Premiership or more followers of England. You decide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

jeez he went for a song in the end. i think he will do very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jeez he went for a song in the end. i think he will do very well

Not at all, fair deal for all involved. He *is* a 10 million pound player and nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Cracking player.

Had the chance to go to Sunderland or Manchester City but obviously chose City. Can't blame him considering they offered him double the wage and a house. In reality we should have had him in the bag the year before as we'd been watching him every week but left it too late.

Should he move? Well he's playing for a title challenging, Champions League side and making an absolute fortune at 24 years of age whilst also getting into the England squad on a quite regular basis these days. The reason he doesn't play more is because he's not disciplined enough defensively, that said, it's not as if he's not getting look in at all. 25 games (10 starts) this season (4 goals), 48 (25 starts) last season.

I can't see why he'd bother moving really. He'd play every week somewhere else but it wouldn't be for a side as good and he'd have to take a big wage cut.

If you'd told me 8 months after this post that he'd be a Sunderland player I'd have said you were mad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

You just gotta remember he loves the Geordies too ;)

A1JDHBCCQAA7vfB.jpg:large

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Doocey wrote: »
    You just gotta remember he loves the Geordies too ;)

A1JDHBCCQAA7vfB.jpg:large

:D

Of course he's going to be happy about Newcastle beating his teams title rivals. I'd be delighted if Newcastle won too if it gave me a better chance to win the Premier League, which is what that tweet was about as it's from the night you won 3-0.

Advertisement