Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop in Dublin to get a Slim 250GB 360?

Options
  • 18-12-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I'm looking for a christmas present to get, a 250GB Slim xbox 360, and am wondering what the prices are for one in a shop in Dublin? With a game or two aswell would help. Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

I'm looking for same for kids. Thought there was a deal for a 360 with Kinetic and 4 games for around €350, anyone know where? Running out of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

HMV are doing slim 360 250gb, with 5 brand new games(new releases) for 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

I'm looking at a 250 euro budget tops

Erm, HMV do(cos gamestop/Game are well over priced) 360 Slim 250 + one recent game for 229.99.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

breffni666 wrote: »
    I'm looking for same for kids. Thought there was a deal for a 360 with Kinetic and 4 games for around €350, anyone know where? Running out of time!

Smyths - in store bundle. 349 for a 250gb 360 with Kinect and you can pick 3 kinect games out of a choice of 5. 2 five euro vouchers aswell. ( Kinect adventures is automatically included I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

HMV are doing 250GB with 2 games for €209
    (I got mine in liffey valley )
    (select from 4 of Fifa12, Forza, Skyrim or Need for Speed)

I went into 3 separate HMV's, lowest I saw the 250gb for was 230.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I went into 3 separate HMV's, lowest I saw the 250gb for was 230.

I did originally post this offer on another thread about 10 days ago so the offer must be over by now.

Do you not believe me cloud493?

Well I work in HMV, so I know the deals. So no, I do not. Either that, or that deal is a misprint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

SpionJoe wrote: »
    I did originally post this offer on another thread about 10 days ago so the offer must be over by now.

Do you not believe me cloud493?
    Well I work in HMV, so I know the deals. So no, I do not. Either that, or that deal is a misprint.

Fight Fight Fight:D

• Advertisement

I work in HMV, I've seen that bloody deal :P

4gb + 1 recent release - 170
    250gb + 1 recent release - 230
    250gb + 5 recent releases - 300

of course, the prices do vary from store to store. The one on grafton street for example, the deal is 320 for a 250gb + games. But thats only a 20 quid difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

Quote:
    Originally Posted by breffni666
    Smyths - in store bundle. 349 for a 250gb 360 with Kinect and you can pick 3 kinect games out of a choice of 5. 2 five euro vouchers aswell. ( Kinect adventures is automatically included I think)
    Last edited by ShamoBuc; Yesterday at 21:38.

Thanks guys. I got a 360/250g with Kinetic plus 2 games for €349 in Smyths Dundalk although I though I should have more games in the bundle. The misleading bits in other posts is that you CAN get a 360 and 5 games for around 299 but that is without Kinetic and kids want Kinetic. Spoke to a friend of mine who is into gameing and his advise was to get the Kinetic and less of the games with the bundle.

Oh yeah, kinect is a bit extra, just to clarify, all the bundles I listed, none of them have kinect. 5 recent games include gears 3, battlefield 3, fifa 12.

I work in HMV, I've seen that bloody deal :P

4gb + 1 recent release - 170
    250gb + 1 recent release - 230
    250gb + 5 recent releases - 300

of course, the prices do vary from store to store. The one on grafton street for example, the deal is 320 for a 250gb + games. But thats only a 20 quid difference.

Cloud493 please see the attached receipt. I did not think I would have to show this but you doing so much bitching on this thread I had to shut you up. I have marekd the 250gb deal clearly with the 2 extra games and then the discount.......totals to............ €209.99

I seen this deal in Dublin City Centre store but my hands were full already, I went home and drove to Liffey Valley and purchased it there, so thereis at least 2 stores that ran the offer.

For somebody who works there pal, you really don't give a good impression of knowledgeable staff.

No need to apologise, just make a donation to charity.

Then that is falsely marked, or a printing error, and il call liffey valley today when I go into work. And it's not bitching, it's pointing out a fact.

Then that is falsely marked, or a printing error, and il call liffey valley today when I go into work. And it's not bitching, it's pointing out a fact.

The only FACT being pointed out is me showing you the receipt for €209.99.

Mate, you need to pipe down a bit now as you are beginning to sound like a kid. I find it hard to believe that 2 seperate stores on the same day both made the exact same mistake !!!

As you can see from my receipt, they even have a promotional barcode set up for the offer. Now I don't work there, but that does not sound like somthing that was a mistake does it ????

If your going to talk to me like an idiot, conversation is over. Im right, I can go into work today, get the barcode, get it off the computer, pictures. Whatever you got was a mistake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Spionjoe and cloud493, please take your argument off thread to PMs. OP, if you are done with thread, I'll lock it.

If your going to talk to me like an idiot, conversation is over. Im right, I can go into work today, get the barcode, get it off the computer, pictures. Whatever you got was a mistake.

Probably best for you if the conversation is over pal. You are beginning to look and sound very childish.

You have the sales ID from my receipt so when you go into work, check it out. At what point do you just accept that the offer was running on December 8th and it was genuine, as you say, some stores run different offers.:rolleyes:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Spionjoe and cloud493, please take your argument off thread to PMs. OP, if you are done with thread, I'll lock it.

Why can I not defend myself on the thread from being accused of lying if I can show proof ?
    I was accused in public so let me defend in public !!

• Advertisement

Why can I not defend myself on the thread from being accused of lying if I can show proof ?

Cloud said that he did not believe you and you showed proof. You were right and he was wrong. You then accused cloud of bitching, sounding like a kid, said you would have to shut him up and, in my opinion, acting like a smart arse with the "No need to apologise, just make a donation to charity" comment.

You ask "Why can I not defend myself on the thread from being accused of lying if I can show proof ?

I did allow you to defend yourself on the thread.
    I did allow you to show proof.

You proved him wrong. I've been in 2 HMVs where they had contradictory offers, and both stores stood by their deals.

I asked both of you to take it off the thread, yet you have failed to do so, and then questioned the moderation of the thread.

You're new on here, so I'll make it clear. I couldn't care less about who's right or wrong. Ye are derailing the thread.

If either of you continue the argument and derail the thread about an offer that has now finished, ye'll be getting a 1 week ban.

Cloud said that he did not believe you and you showed proof. You were right and he was wrong. You then accused cloud of bitching, sounding like a kid, said you would have to shut him up and, in my opinion, acting like a smart arse with the "No need to apologise, just make a donation to charity" comment.

You ask "Why can I not defend myself on the thread from being accused of lying if I can show proof ?

I did allow you to defend yourself on the thread.
    I did allow you to show proof.

You proved him wrong. I've been in 2 HMVs where they had contradictory offers, and both stores stood by their deals.

I asked both of you to take it off the thread, yet you have failed to do so, and then questioned the moderation of the thread.

You're new on here, so I'll make it clear. I couldn't care less about who's right or wrong. Ye are derailing the thread.

If either of you continue the argument and derail the thread about an offer that has now finished, ye'll be getting a 1 week ban.

The argument stooped after your first post, we have not argued on here since then. I asked you a question, thats all.

You are correct that I am new here so I was unaware of the dystopian monitoring it was subject to and the iminent threat of a ban over my head.

I apologise to anybody who felt the thread was being derailed by me although nobody else had mentioned it before this.....

Apolgies

SpionJoe

The argument stooped after your first post, we have not argued on here since then. I asked you a question, thats all.

You are correct that I am new here so I was unaware of the dystopian monitoring it was subject to and the iminent threat of a ban over my head.

I apologise to anybody who felt the thread was being derailed by me although nobody else had mentioned it before this.....

Apolgies

SpionJoe

It is the role of a moderator to monitor his/her forum for posts that may be moving a thread in the wrong direction, and to step in when conflict arises between posters. This post required my intervention on both counts.

There is a report function available to anyone who wishes to report posts that fail to comply with forum rules. Just because someone did not post their feelings in public, it does not mean that the thread was not repoted.

Regarding the "dystopian" comment, the warning regarding a 1-week ban came after I asked both of you to refrain from continuing the argument, and you clearly failed to do so. I posted a warning at 0951. You continued the argument at 1000. Hardly dystopian is it?

My patience with new posters is finite. I could easily ban you for the dystopian comment. If you insult or question a modding decision again, you will be banned. Fair warning.

It is the role of a moderator to monitor his/her forum for posts that may be moving a thread in the wrong direction, and to step in when conflict arises between posters. This post required my intervention on both counts.

There is a report function available to anyone who wishes to report posts that fail to comply with forum rules. Just because someone did not post their feelings in public, it does not mean that the thread was not repoted.

Regarding the "dystopian" comment, the warning regarding a 1-week ban came after I asked both of you to refrain from continuing the argument, and you clearly failed to do so. I posted a warning at 0951. You continued the argument at 1000. Hardly dystopian is it?

My patience with new posters is finite. I could easily ban you for the dystopian comment. If you insult or question a modding decision again, you will be banned. Fair warning.

Their is not much point arguing with you mate, there is only going to be one loser isn't there?

I have already sent a DM to cloud493 to offer my apology if I offended him today.

The End.

breffni666 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I got a 360/250g with Kinetic plus 2 games for €349 in Smyths Dundalk although I though I should have more games in the bundle. The misleading bits in other posts is that you CAN get a 360 and 5 games for around 299 but that is without Kinetic and kids want Kinetic. Spoke to a friend of mine who is into gameing and his advise was to get the Kinetic and less of the games with the bundle.

I'll be getting the same deal in Smyths ( Kinsale Road, Cork) - but they are offering one extra kinect game. There are so many different places selling them and running different bundle deals ( and constantly changing them aswell) that it is hard to tell where the best deal is.

Advertisement