Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR Wont load

Options
  • 18-12-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Im about to throw my laptop out the window in a fit of rage!

I was running xp32 for hte last few months, its slowed down alot so i went for a reinstall with x64. Now all of a sudden when i load of swtor, i put in my PW, then i get
    swtor.exe - Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Ckick on OK to terminate the application.

I've run a complete windows update. Made sure I had SP2 and DX9.0c. No joy.

Still waiting to really get a chance to play the game!

<edit> Eh yeh.. forgot to say, any ideas people? </edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Ask Santy for a new rig :)

derp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I switched OS too and something similar happened. When launching it though, there was an option to repair the install. It takes ~5 mins and redownloads some stuff but it sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Yeah, try the repair thing on the launcher to start with, see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I had a very similar error with another game in the past. For me it was Apple Quicktime which caused the problems. Try updating that and logging in, SWTOR might have a hidden dependency on that for playing FMVs:

Linky: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kochab

I had a very similar error with another game in the past. For me it was Apple Quicktime which caused the problems. Try updating that and logging in, SWTOR might have a hidden dependency on that for playing FMVs:

Linky: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Thanks, witless1! That did the trick.

Funny, no mention of this on the SWTOR forums, most people have their Quicktime up to date apparently. I recently had to reinstall my OS so many codecs still need updating. But still, you'd think there'd be more people running into this problem. The SWTOR launcher gave no clues as to what was wrong *shakes fist*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Happy it helped someone out :) I spent a few days with WoW in the past inexplicably refusing to load with a random error code that even the GMs couldn't figure out. My process of troubleshooting went from repairs to driver updates to finally a reinstall with no joy along the way. I updated iTunes (and Quicktime is bundled with it) purely because it popped up and the next time I came along and started WoW, magically my game started working again. It's a hidden dependency most FMV based games have and like ya said no one seems to mention it. I guess most people who update iTunes regularly get the latest Quicktime by extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I changed from xp32 to 64 hoping that the extra gig of ram would help out my 3-10 fps in the game. It didnt.

It turns out the reason that it wasnt running is because swtor ISNT SUPPORTED ON WINDOWS XP 64! ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

That sucks man, can you not run it in 32bit on 64 bit windows ??

Advertisement