Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino's

Options
  • 18-12-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Why do staff in Dominoes not have to wear gloves when making pizza"s?Just thinking health & safety etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

most places like this have some sort of active hand sanitizer that they use. its less messy and easier than gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cnoon

Random wrote: »
    most places like this have some sort of active hand sanitizer that they use. its less messy and easier than gloves.

Is that really as hygienic as wearing gloves ,just using a sanitizer every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I work in mc donalds and ya don't use gloves. Wash your hands a lot and use sanitizer. They're really strict about washing hands and stuff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Most chefs don't use gloves. It's fine as long as the hands are washed regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Food & Drink

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Bare hands is probably better, as long as they're washed regularly. Who knows how long a pair of gloves could be worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do they wear hair nets in Dominos?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I'd far rather see someone preparing food with bare hands than gloves. If you're wearing gloves you're unlikely to wash your hands at all, no matter what you touch... whereas with bare hands if you put something in the bin, pick up raw meat etc, you'll feel that you need to wash/sanitize your hands straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I have worked in the food industry for since I was 14, and never used gloves, hand washing is the way to go, regular hand washing with hot water and soap - I haven't poisoned anybody yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cnoon wrote: »
    Why do staff in Dominoes not have to wear gloves when making pizza"s?
    Probably the same reasons why you rarely see people doing it at home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement