Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I only went in for a box of v-max

Options
  • 18-12-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I went shopping with the wife today, got board & went to the gun shop for a box of v-max for the 223 & a look around. We got chatting about the price & quality of 223 ammo. Long story short i walked out of the shop after leaving a deposit on one of these.http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/17HMRMagnum/917.asp Any of you have one? How do ye rate them? I think i got it at a very reasonable price. €399 including 100 remington shells

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

good salesman ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Good rifle,I had two of them still have the Carbon Fibre one .Thats a good price stay away from the Remmie 17 Shells absolute rubbish,stick with the Hornandy 17 Grain Ballistic tip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

nice choice, ive it in 917vs. cracking little round

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Remmie 223

Constab2 wrote: »
    Good rifle,I had two of them still have the Carbon Fibre one .Thats a good price stay away from the Remmie 17 Shells absolute rubbish,stick with the Hornandy 17 Grain Ballistic tip
    Ya i wanted to get hornady balistic tips but he did not have them in stock only hollow points. the only balistic tips he had in stock were remington. Ah i will chat him again when i go back to collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ive a box of remmy v-max. didnt get to use them yet. what didnt you find good about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

€399 would buy alot of .223 ammo.:D

€399 would buy alot of .223 ammo.:D
    Ya i know but tbh the 223 with the moderator & the bipod & scope is a heavy piece of kit to be out after mags & greys;)

Lads i will be pimping this baby out in the new year with a new stock, & scope any advice? or anyone selling a scope or stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Remmie,
    Will ya keep us posted on the pimpin of that rifle. Might do a bit to my own!!
    While on the subject does anyone have any experience of water transfer painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Bought the exact same gun last Thursday night, great gun. Can't wait to collect it :D

Anybody any info on moderators for this gun? Big decibel drop? Any effect on the bullet trajectory?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Sorry for the late reply ,as for the Remmie shells 5 misfires round after round thought it was the firing pin until I put in Hornandy(Red) & Federal Ballistic (Black) Tips .Never had a misfire with any of them to date.As for the mod & scope ,Wildcat mod ,strippable very good mod as HMR is a dirty round & Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 bit pricey but worth it.Great little package absolutely deadly accuracy,my son uses this rifle & constantly drops crows & rabbits at distances 173 yards best to date .Enjoy the rifle you won't be disappointed fabulous power and accuracy for a Rimfire.

Advertisement