Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

christmas present boyfriends mum

• 18-12-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi, anyone know whats a really nice,Luxurious bath soap, bubble bath make or something along those lines, that would be good present for a boyfriends mum?? help please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Have you tried L'Occitane? They do lovely stuff like Soaps, shower gels, mositurisers, hand creams etc. in lavender, rose, cherry blossom etc. Your average item will be €18. They do gift sets as well but they're very expensive. They gift wrap stuff so that it looks amazing- free!

There's one on Liffey Street and Wicklow Street. They're in Dundrum also, don't know about other shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emmamcl

thanks, sounds great but unfortunately im in the west!! :( thanks tho

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Some clarins body lotion or hand cream?What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emmamcl

dnt wana spend too much, only going out under a year, but spend lot time in her house so it just to say thanks too like, most 50€. im in sligo, yeah il look that up thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

clarins sounds like a good bet then - their hand cream's €20 & there are always nice sets floating around - my mate bought one for €28 in unicare as a gift for someone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Go into your local pharmacies and see what they have. Sometimes chemists stock L'Occitane and other similar ranges.

There is a L'Occitane shop in Galway as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Boots have loads of sets. Their Sanctuary ones are really good value and thats a good brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Vichy have some lovely gift sets at the moment, very pretty and they look a lot more expensive than they are. The packaging is lovely, I saw one with about 6 items in it reduced to €25 in my local pharmacy. Only I have all my pressies bought, I would have definitely bought it!

Rather than buy a gift set off the shelf (which normally have something you don't want) why not buy a few pieces and make it into a gift box yourself. Shows a lot of time and effort, i'm sure they bf's mum would appreciate that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

CBFi wrote: »
    Boots have loads of sets. Their Sanctuary ones are really good value and thats a good brand.

+1 on Sanctuary actually, lovely stuff, really good quality. There is a lot of furore about Soap and Glory on this site, but I actually think Santuary is a lot better and not as scented so probably more suitable for an older woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

ncmc wrote: »
    Vichy have some lovely gift sets at the moment, very pretty and they look a lot more expensive than they are. The packaging is lovely, I saw one with about 6 items in it reduced to €25 in my local pharmacy. Only I have all my pressies bought, I would have definitely bought it!

Rather than buy a gift set off the shelf (which normally have something you don't want) why not buy a few pieces and make it into a gift box yourself. Shows a lot of time and effort, i'm sure they bf's mum would appreciate that!

This is what I am doing for a friend of mine. I am going to make her a pampering/stress relief box:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

If you are near a TK Maxx, they have fab deals on fancy bath smellies... get her a candle to go in, maybe an eye mask or something. You'll see loads more you want to add to it once you get going.

Love this idea!

Advertisement