Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthony De Mello- (awareness) The real deal.

• 18-12-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I have just re-read his book 'Awareness' for about the tenth time. Its written in the form of a talk and he repeats points which is good, as we all drift in concentration. He is saying nothing new but that is my view on most of these books.. What he has is a directness that is commendable and he avoids soft soaping his message. He doesn't feed the victim culture. Its just about losing your ego-getting beyond the I

I'm just wondering if anyone else has read his book or books?

Here is a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKkyB8kd154&feature=related

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Ive heard him a few times, he pushes through the bull**** alright, I must listen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VajraCork

Thanks for sharing this Flash. I haven't listened to him in ages but he's a fantastic speaker and truly captivates his audiences. His message ain't too bad either.

I always got a kick out of the fact he was a Jesuit priest and really pissed off the Catholic church. Truth hurts I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galileegroup

Brilliant book. One of the best aids to spiritual development I've ever come accross. The development of the "Observer" makes all the difference.

The Medium
    The Galilee Group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

de mello is good stuff alight, like the preverbial axe of the spiritual world. "your asleep, wake up" great introduction.. i agree with flash, he does not sugar coat things which is sometimes a welcome change when getting involved with an author. Sometimes even a louzy passage can dissapoint me from an author. But de mello keeps it up.

I find it difficult sometimes to find tough nut spiritual guys, i find sometimes that philosiphers write some hardcore stuff if you have patience to read it(sometimes i do,dont) satre is interesting

For anyone out there who is quite spiritually aware and is at a loss as to know true spiritual people or where to go from next and the whole thing seems abit hazy, i recommend "the odessy of enlightenment" by madhucker Thomson
    abit like de mellos straightness its a journey of a rich successfull german buisnessman through the worlds "gurus" It can be humorous and informative answering many questions that you might not have thought about or thought answerable. Again its subjective but written with a fluiidity..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hi Op

I am a massive fan of Anthony de Mello's Awareness but the first time I read it I felt incredibly angry but since then I have read it several times and have been slowly waking up since. It is pretty incredible to take on and embody the message of what he says. There is, despite the toughness of his message, a lovely freedom to what he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 winda34

miec wrote: »
    Hi Op

I am a massive fan of Anthony de Mello's Awareness but the first time I read it I felt incredibly angry but since then I have read it several times and have been slowly waking up since. It is pretty incredible to take on and embody the message of what he says. There is, despite the toughness of his message, a lovely freedom to what he says.

Absolutely!

Advertisement