Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canape/nibbles recipes

Options
  • 18-12-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hey all just wondering does anyone have any really tasty or unusual canape recipes.we have 50 + people coming to the house on stephens day. will have cold meats salads etc but any ideas for the buffet would be apppreciated! eg mini quiches etc thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

BBCgoodfood.com have nice tasty easy receipes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I use a bun tin to make mini quiches, but you could also do little lasagnes in them, veg and meat ones!
    I particularly like spinach, red pepper and feta quiches.

You could also do mini tartlets of goat's cheese and caramalised red onion.

I saw recently in a food magazine, where they did little slices of crusty bread with a slice of ham and red currant jelly on them. They looked way fancier than I am describing but they still sound yum. Although many people may be fed up of ham after Christmas, but it's a great way to use up your leftovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bettyboop1

thank you both for your help!! in the end we went for salads, cold meats, breads cheeses etc-cheap and cheerful!! made selection of little quiches with bluechesse and onion, chorizo and sundried tomato and cheddar red pepper and turkey topped with red pepper hoummus-they all went down a treat!! thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SAHMOM

prob a bit late for you but for future ref:D...I always get a few plates out with cold meats like salami, cured ham, olives, artichokes, and fresh crusty bread drizzled with olive oil. That with a selection of cheese and crackers...yum. People just dig in and help themselves!!.....and theres no cooking for you ;) ... if you soak a few chillis and lemons in the oil a few days before gives an extra bit of flavour!!

Advertisement