Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student / Back to Education

Options
  • 18-12-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    I was made redudant in 2009 by my employer after falling pregnant with my daughter who is now 2 (very unfair I know!). After this time I became unwell and was in receipt of illness benefit. I came off the illness benefit end Nov this year and I am still waiting for Jobseekers Benefit and One Parent Family application to be processed.

After weeks of handing out cvs, I have received a job offer to start work in Jan for 6 months which I have happily accepted. It is a full time position. However, I would love to go back to college to do nursing full time in Sept 2012 and I am wondering would I be entitled to Back to Education Allowance. I am only getting €88 per week Supplementary Welfare Allowance at the moment for past month and I cannot survive on this.

Any advice would be very grately appreciated.

I have sought advice from my citizens advice office, however, I'm still very much confused.

Thank you

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement