Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calibre - Scheduled Downloads

• 18-12-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone use Calibre for scheduled downloads of RTE news, Independent news etc?

Is it free? Are there any other things you use the "Fetch News" facility on Calibre for?

Boobar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Yes they work, and they're free, and if you've a kindle they're the bees knees.

They're adding new sources all the time. You can add custom ones too if you have a look at the forum on the Calibre website. Some good examples there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That reminds me that I did the RTE recipe in Calibre.

Not sure if it is still the best formatting or output that can be obtained from the RTE site as I've not looked at it in years. Does it still work OK?

Advertisement