Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored in the evenings

Options
  • 18-12-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi, my kids are getting a bit older, so I find myself bored in the evenings, instead of just exhausted. So I'm looking for something to do with myself, to get out of the house and meet people.

Wife has her activities, gets out, socializes. I have don't, at least nothing for the evenings. Or the Winter. I've been trying to find something to do with myself, maybe some sort of evening class or something, maybe dance (sick of feeling like a twat in a nightclub), or anything.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something to do after 7 on Mon/Tue/Wed. Maybe something which involves exercise, I'm giving up smoking in the new year, I'll have (for a couple of months anyway) energy to burn.

I'm asking in the Kildare forum because I live in Celbridge, and while I'm looking for something to do, I don't want that something to be driving to and from places :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

What about a martial arts? I took up taekwon do about 3yr ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

There's a nice friendly group, 30s/40s/50s age bracket, that meet in the Mill Celbridge for badminton on Mon, Wed & Fri at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

My wife joined Fit4Life, Wednesday nights they train. Seems to be a good mix of people and well run.

She ran a 5K road race and a 4K cross country recently. I think it's in St. Wolston's school .

http://celbridgeac.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=421

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

The Mulk wrote: »
    My wife joined Fit4Life, Wednesday nights they train. Seems to be a good mix of people and well run.

She ran a 5K road race and a 4K cross country recently. I think it's in St. Wolston's school .

http://celbridgeac.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=421

That looks interesting, I did a bit of running a year or 2 ago (C25k) and really enjoyed it.

But thanks to others for their suggestions:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭pitachu

There is a school in Clane (hopefully that is not to far from Celbridge) that offers a great range of night school classes. My wife and I have both attended them in the past and the whole thing seems very well organised, link below:

http://www.clanesm.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DaveL

DanceTones Studio in Newbridge do a range of dance classes (ballroom, latin american, salsa, dancefitness). Full time table is on their website - www.dancetones.org

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

Would definitely recommend celbridge athletic club. Fit 4 life on wednrsday nights at 7pm (adult only group), regular senior training on tues and thurs at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Dowlings in prosperous are starting Zumba in the new year, though just looking at that makes me tired!!!

Advertisement