Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another train incident

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I'd love to see what happened in the run up to this 'lapdance'
    What caused the camera to be switched on, what interaction was there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

No I really don't think so. He was embarrassed, but he'll be telling all his friends, look, that's me getting molested on the train. Your one is a bit of a whore all the same, but the lad put his hands on her arse at one stage.

He had no idea what to do. You could see that he was completely overwhelmed and out of his depth and he should not have been put in that situation by an adult.

It's ridiculous all these blokes coming on here saying 'oh that's the stuff of fantasy' etc when you've no real idea what you'd do when actually confronted with the reality of the situation.

I fancied the arse off an older man when I was younger - as young as 12/13 and he was 30s' - but I would have been scared sh*tless if he had actually tried to come on to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

No I really don't think so. He was embarrassed, but he'll be telling all his friends, look, that's me getting molested on the train. Your one is a bit of a whore all the same, but the lad put his hands on her arse at one stage.

Of course, it's not rape if they put their hands on your arse!

It's sexual harassment, whatever way you look at it.
    If she did it to me, I'd boot her in the gee. But I'm classy like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

He might say that to his friends but he wont be thinking it and any of his friends who watch the video will see that he was freaked out and humiliated. He wont be able to turn it around. You can see from his face that he was not enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

As he is under the age of consent, whether he enjoyed it or not its against the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No different to what the priests did in my opinion. He was NOT enjoying that one bit but was just laughing for the sake of looking good in front of his mates.
    We cannot pick and choose about what is indecent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jammy bastard, at 15 that wouldve been material for some serious alone time.

A dirty looking scummy bitch is what you would consider to be "material"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

on a similar vein.... women seem to think they can get away with this sort of carry on in pubs and clubs too: grabbing at, swinging out of, fellas.. especially if they are on a "hen night"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    A dirty looking scummy bitch is what you would consider to be "material"?

at 15, certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

if i seen someone do that to my young lad id kick them up and down the aisle of the bus.. man or woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I could not watch all of that, I looked at that child's face and you could see he was not enjoying that, could see it in his eyes, poor lad. What an awful thing to do. As a mammy of boys, if someone did that to my sons, I would make sure she was charged and would name and shame her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

the poor kid looks traumatised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

the poor kid looks tramatised

It was a bus! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

he didn't look upset to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

he didn't look upset to me

A few observations:

She seems to start by reprimanding him for something he may have said prior to the camera being on. I can't be sure of that, but both the words and the tone suggests she is reacting (inappropriately) to something that transpired before the video clip starts. (If you listen at around 00:30 you'll hear she says "you said to me you'd like it"). Is she trying to teach him a lesson for being smart-mouthed?

He starts by putting on a bit of bravado.... pulling her onto him as if he was happy with the situation, but by 00:20 it's clear he's like a dog who has caught up with the car he was chasing; he has no idea what to do and has realised this is not really fun anymore. He's embarrassed because his friends will realise he is not the "man" he had been pretending to be. He is most unlikely to be "living the fantasy" because even Wayne Rooney would find the age gap to be uncomfortable (sorry Wayne, but it's AH after all).

Her behaviour is totally inappropriate. Regardless of whether or not there was prior exchange between them, in trying to embarrass him she has stooped to acts approaching sexual assault. As most posters here have said, were the situation re genders reversed there would have been a public outcry. However she does not kiss him, does not actually push his face into her breasts (as far as I could see - she simply mimics the act), and does not fondle his genitalia. However the disrobing and attempts to expose underwear are as near as makes no odds to actual assault.

What I find most upsetting about this video is the response (or lack of) from other passengers. Two adult women watching from the seat behind are laughing throughout the incident. The adult woman who intervenes showed great fortitude in going against the mood on the bus.

What surprises me is that one of the lads filming seems to refer to this adult saviour as "Mum". What took her so long to act?????

Z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Zen65 wrote: »
    A few observations:

She seems to start by reprimanding him for something he may have said prior to the camera being on. I can't be sure of that, but both the words and the tone suggests she is reacting (inappropriately) to something that transpired before the video clip starts. (If you listen at around 00:30 you'll hear she says "you said to me you'd like it"). Is she trying to teach him a lesson for being smart-mouthed?

He starts by putting on a bit of bravado.... pulling her onto him as if he was happy with the situation, but by 00:20 it's clear he's like a dog who has caught up with the car he was chasing; he has no idea what to do and has realised this is not really fun anymore. He's embarrassed because his friends will realise he is not the "man" he had been pretending to be. He is most unlikely to be "living the fantasy" because even Wayne Rooney would find the age gap to be uncomfortable (sorry Wayne, but it's AH after all).

Her behaviour is totally inappropriate. Regardless of whether or not there was prior exchange between them, in trying to embarrass him she has stooped to acts approaching sexual assault. As most posters here have said, were the situation re genders reversed there would have been a public outcry. However she does not kiss him, does not actually push his face into her breasts (as far as I could see - she simply mimics the act), and does not fondle his genitalia. However the disrobing and attempts to expose underwear are as near as makes no odds to actual assault.

What I find most upsetting about this video is the response (or lack of) from other passengers. Two adult women watching from the seat behind are laughing throughout the incident. The adult woman who intervenes showed great fortitude in going against the mood on the bus.

What surprises me is that one of the lads filming seems to refer to this adult saviour as "Mum". What took her so long to act?????

Z
    Great post, reflects my own thoughts 100%.

No different to what the priests did in my opinion. He was NOT enjoying that one bit but was just laughing for the sake of looking good in front of his mates.
    We cannot pick and choose about what is indecent.
    Come off it, I'm not condoning what she did, it was wrong, but this will have no last affect on that kid. He'll have been embarrassed but that's it. He wasn't raped! Being molested by a priest is completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The owl drunken cutn seem to be out to humiliate the KID, he did not seem to be enjoying the situation at all. I would even hated that to happen to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Spunge wrote: »
    at 15, certainly.

Slags like that didn't really do it for me I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The guy looked shook up there. She should be facing a courtroom for that.

Can you imagine a grown man doing that to a 15 yr old girl - uproar.

woodoo wrote: »
    The guy looked shook up there. She should be facing a courtroom for that.

Can you imagine a grown man doing that to a 15 yr old girl - uproar.
    It would be different for a man doing it to a girl. Maybe it shouldn't be but I think everyone see it differently. Also don't forget, it's quite plausible and probable that this kid started off making comments to the girl with his friends and bit off more than he could chew.
    (I have to say this every time so people don't keep bring it up) I still think the woman shouldn't have done it, that it was wrong, and that she is a bit stupid for doing it. But I don't think anything will happen over this. (Am I right in saying nothing has still happened?) At most she there will be an apology.

Advertisement