Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewtiful Joe - on weed.

Options
  • 18-12-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

So I picked up a cheap copy of Viewtiful Joe there a few weeks back; it's a cracking game, I mean, the visuals are really stunning and the combat is so fluid and satisfying. The entire game really feels like a labour of love, its a refreshing and truly innovative gameplay experience and I've been having a lot of fun with it since I started playing the other week.

The other night I shared a spliff with my mate and I gave the game a bash while we were lounging about. The two of us became enamoured with what was unfolding on the screen before us: the imagery, the vivid colours, the quirky character design and animation, it was jaw-dropping.

Now we all know weed can make the experience of music, sex, food, etc. better, but it something I never really considered for gaming. Personally, I think only a select few games would benefit from a doobie-induced, altered perspective: I'm thinking Wind Waker would be a solid shout; I definitely wanna give the cel-shaded Prince of Persia a bash and although I've never played them before, Shadow of the Colossus and Okami would probably be great. Conversely, I think games like FIFA or the majority of First Person Shooters would be a frustrating and irritating experience.

Anyone ever tried combining gaming and baking before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're into that kind of thing, get a big massive set of speakers and a copy of Rez.

Mind.Blowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

GTA Vice city.

That sublime moment racing through the streets on a motorbike, shirt flapping in the wind, the sun setting with a flash of lens flare towards the camera........ and then a great 80's tune kicks in.
    Fuckin' lift off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Fifa and call of duty, I become so much better when properly baked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you're into that kind of thing, get a big massive set of speakers and a copy of Rez.

Mind.Blowing.

I just checked out clips of it on Youtube, and it looks amazing! Must give it a shot sometime.

Master of the Universe

Sweet wrote: »
    I just checked out clips of it on Youtube, and it looks amazing! Must give it a shot sometime.

If you have a 360, get Child of Eden too. It's another music based rhythm shooter, the spiritual successor to Rez and is just as visually stunning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you have a 360, get Child of Eden too. It's another music based rhythm shooter, the spiritual successor to Rez and is just as visually stunning!

That also looks amazing, does it require Kinect?

Master of the Universe

Nope! Not at all. In fact it plays far better on a controller. The whole Kinect thing is just tacked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah it would really depend on the game. I remember when Burnout: Revenge came out, myself and 3 mates tried to play it. None of us could get around the first 90degree left hand turn. Kept crashing stright into the wall. Although, it was fricken funny!

I think the likes of music based games like Child of Eden, Rez, Frequency and Amplitude (two of the best games ever, imo), maybe even Guitar Hero, etc. They would all benefit from it, but in my experience anything that requires quick reflexes is out the window...

Also, Double - Captain of her Heart... Nuff said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I used to stick on Katamari and Gitaroo Man when my brother was stoned. He's got so freaked out and paranoid he'd have to leave the room :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tempest 2000 while stoned is interesting.
    Best not play Silent Hill 2 on 'shrooms though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Frequency and Amplitude (two of the best games ever, imo)

You're half right.

Whatever about musical taste; tunnel layout > planar layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Try Beat Hazard with Jimi Hendrix or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band playing with the visuals maxed out

Advertisement