Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Pie

Options
  • 18-12-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am in charge if the dessert in my house this year, chocolate biscuit cake has been requested and since thats easy enough I would like to make something a little more challenging, I would love to make a pie that is light enough that you can just about fit it in after dinner but still yummy and christmassy, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

not quite sure if this fits the bill but it's very easy and very christmassy:

Individual Mont Blanc

Take some individual merangue nests, one per portion and "paint" the bottoms of them with melted dark chocolate and allow to set.

Fill each with a spoonful of tinned sweet chestnut puree, not too much as it's very rich but enough so that there's a decent amount.

Top with whipped cream and then drizzle that with more melted dark chocolate.

Start to finish this can be done in 15 mins and always goes down very well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Make a sweet pastry, line a tart tin with it.. put a layer of mince pie mince, not too thick, I add some chopped pecans on top of this, bake these together, not for too long, just to almost cook the pastry base. Top with a frangipane and finish cooking.

I thought I came up with this recipe last week and then someone told me they read it in a magazine, either way, it's completely delicious, really Christmassy, I made it for some people yesterday and it was gobbled up!!

Advertisement