Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV advice

Options
  • 19-12-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi,i am looking for some advice on installing a CCTV system at my own house shortly,i have a few questions which some one out there could answer.
    1,its a 2 storey house and i can mount the cams at any height,what height works best,they are 650 TV dome cams

2,where is the best place in the house to fit the dvr,i have plenty of options as there is cat5 and coax cables in every room

3,fixed or variable lens ?? which works best in a domestic situation?

4,I want to distribute the camera images to a few TVs in my house,do i need a modulator along with the dvr or can i sent camera images directly to TVs from dvr

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Mounting height depends on the site layout, if you mount the cameras too high all you will see is the tops of peoples heads
    Store the dvr out of sight, an attic would do as long as it's not too dusty or cold. Then use a remote extender to control the dvr. You can get these from keene electronics
    Variable, especially when the camera locations are not decided. Fixed would do for a front door camera
    A modulator will do but I would recommend splitting the output from the dvr using a 4 way distribution box and connecting these directly to the av inputs on the tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JohnDoe89

Mod edit, John, please read the charter, your first post is a link, no free advertising here. Please read the forum rules before posting again, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi guys i am wondering can anybody recommend to me a top of the range 16 ch Full D1 resolution dvr. i have been looking for a while but cannot decide and need someones expertise.

Advertisement