Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Insurance for a 64 GB 4s

• 19-12-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I've just got a 64gb 4s with meteor and was wondering what would be the best insurance policy for it.
    I didn't bother with the meteor CPP plan as i only offered a monthly payment scheme whereas a once off / yearly payment would suit me better.
    i'm renting at the minute so going on home insurance isn't really an option.
    any ideas
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

slickmcvic wrote: »
    I've just got a 64gb 4s with meteor and was wondering what would be the best insurance policy for it.
    I didn't bother with the meteor CPP plan as i only offered a monthly payment scheme whereas a once off / yearly payment would suit me better.
    any ideas
    thanks
    I hate advocating this as i believe its a ripoff but with your "pay up front" criteria, and no hone contents insurance option, i think that your choices are very limited. Read all the small print and exclusions before you even consider signing on the dotted line....http://www.gadgetinsurance.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

I came accross these guys....http://www.blueinsurance.ie/gadget-insurance-step1.asp?BandID=216&AgencyID=1318&CoverLevel=Premier Plus
    Anyone any previous experiences....are they any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I find adding laptops i phones etc as specified items on your house insurance is the best route to take..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

bryaner wrote: »
    I find adding laptops i phones etc as specified items on your house insurance is the best route to take..
    Not much use according to OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

slickmcvic wrote: »
    any ideas
    thanks

Slightly off topic, but as a renter can you not still get a house insurance policy? Leaving the phone out of the equation, what would happen if something was to occur in your house that required a claim to be made? Would your landlord cover all your possessions too? Worth checking this out with your landlord, and if you get on well with him/her you could always ask for your phone to be added to his/her policy while you're resident there. I doubt it would cost much more than about €20 for the year to add your phone and you could offer to pay the landlord up front for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Slightly off topic, but as a renter can you not still get a house insurance policy? Leaving the phone out of the equation, what would happen if something was to occur in your house that required a claim to be made? Would your landlord cover all your possessions too? Worth checking this out with your landlord, and if you get on well with him/her you could always ask for your phone to be added to his/her policy while you're resident there. I doubt it would cost much more than about €20 for the year to add your phone and you could offer to pay the landlord up front for it.

+1

I kow one person renting a flat during the floods last month.
    landlord had buildings cover.
    renter had no insurance for contents.
    landlord covered, renter lost everything :(

to add the iPhone to my house cover was €75 for the year. but there was alot of exclusions in the end and it wasnt worthwhile, so insured the recent one with CPP through eMobile (GF's Phone). 9.95 per month but everything is included, worldwide and can register 2 users so if the phone is in my possession or the gf's possession, its still covered!

http://www.cpp.co.uk/phonesafe/

has to be taken out with the first 30 days of purchase and small excess for claims outside the first month or so too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Best insurance is no insurance. Companies offering insurance are businesses, not charities, you end up paying more on average than you get back. There should be no need to insure a phone.

soundsham wrote: »
    Not much use according to OP

You can get it covered if the renter takes out contents insurance (for their items) and adds the phone as a specified item..

kceire wrote: »
    +1

I kow one person renting a flat during the floods last month.
    landlord had buildings cover.
    renter had no insurance for contents.
    landlord covered, renter lost everything :(

to add the iPhone to my house cover was €75 for the year. but there was alot of exclusions in the end and it wasnt worthwhile, so insured the recent one with CPP through eMobile (GF's Phone). 9.95 per month but everything is included, worldwide and can register 2 users so if the phone is in my possession or the gf's possession, its still covered!

http://www.cpp.co.uk/phonesafe/

has to be taken out with the first 30 days of purchase and small excess for claims outside the first month or so too.

Jaysus that seems seriously dear it was only €18 extra to put my laptop on the house insurance including damage outside the home etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

bryaner wrote: »
    Jaysus that seems seriously dear it was only €18 extra to put my laptop on the house insurance including damage outside the home etc..

Likewise, it cost me something like €7 extra for the year to cover both the iPhones in my house. And that was after making a claim the previous year for about €350 for an N95. If we hadn't claimed for that, the insurer would have put the 2 iPhones on the policy for free (one iPhone and the N95 were put on the previous year for free).

• Advertisement
Advertisement