Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lana Del Rey

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭superluck

I didn't hear her sing live but so far, her music seems derived from other sources and she sings on top of them.

In 'Blue Jeans', she sounds like Kate Bush singing over 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaak.
    After searching around, many other people hear the similarities so it ain't just a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Still liking the album a few months on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭superluck

I haven't heard the album but presumably the 2 tracks I have heard are the best off it and since they sound like other peoples music, I'm sure I haven't missed anything.

The chorus for Cher Lloyds first release 'Swagger Jagger' was derived from Nursery Rhyme, 'Clementine'

What makes DLR any different from CL?

Absolutely nothing because neither of them can write their own music.

There's nothing wrong with doing covers and including them on the album, I remember Nirvana doing a great cover of Shocking Blue's 'Love Buzz' but atleast they didn't claim to write it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jessicasul

her songs are prettier than her, those big lips are terrifying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Quite liking the album she released under the name 'Lizzy Grant'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Her Career started at 12.00 its now 12.05..she might play till 12.10 but there wont be an encore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but will she be playing in Ireland any time soon?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sitec wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but will she be playing in Ireland any time soon?

Hasn't her descent into obscurity and side notes already started?

Being serious though, i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

superluck wrote: »
    I didn't hear her sing live but so far, her music seems derived from other sources and she sings on top of them.

In 'Blue Jeans', she sounds like Kate Bush singing over 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaak.
    She sounds nothing like Kate Bush :pac:

*BUMP*

Anybody out there have an opinion on Ultraviolence? Personally I think it's an improvement on Born to Die; it's weirder, woozier and less blatantly commercial than BtD was. It is very top heavy though, with pretty much all of the highlights being in the first half of the album.

"West Coast" and the title track are definitely two of the best songs she's done thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I like the West Coast song, think that's the best song she's made, and another song, Sad Girl, is quite good too. I've only heard a couple of the other tracks off the album, and it sounds pretty much like more of the same to me. Similar lyrical theme - damsel in distress, Hollywood starlet stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I personally prefer Born to Die, but to be fair I haven't listened to Ultraviolence enough yet to get a full idea.

Ultraviolence is certainly a very good album though, I really like the tracks 'Ultraviolence' and 'West Coast'.

Would love to see her live at the Marquee, but all the tickets are sold out :(

Advertisement