Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to hire JBL PRX635 + PRX618S-XLF system in dublin?

• 19-12-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I've heard lots of good feedbacks about these series, especially about 3-way systems.
    But is there any companies around to hire these great loudspeakers?

Cheers
    Alex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Any particular reason you are looking at these boxes? They are not long on the market and I can't imagine many reputable Sound Co. that'll stock them given the awful trouble with Crowns digital amplifiers.

Maybe they've sorted their issues for the PRX range, but it'll take a brave man to venture there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭alex_r

Savman, thank for the reply.
    What's wrong with Crown's amps? Frankly haven't heard any bad feedbacks.

My particular reason is based on feedbacks from my friends and my father.
    My father is sound engineer for one church, they have got the same package. He told me that he made a quite big research about what sounds system to buy, and jbl prx 600 series where the best in mid range of price and quality. They have good Fq. range, horn system, strong enough
    Another my friend he works in sound and light company, and he bought them for rent business. He was praising the hight quality sound, clear mids and highs. and quite powerfull sound up to 135dbs.

I haven't heard about any other models such positive feedbacks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

alex_r wrote: »
    Savman, thank for the reply.
    What's wrong with Crown's amps? Frankly haven't heard any bad feedbacks
    I would suggest you may not be looking hard enough, there are widespread reports of serious failures and having owned both iTech and XTi's from Crown I can tell you that they were just rife with problems. Some were just buggy, others just failed spectacularly. And the tech support was just dreadful. So you'll excuse my distrust in that blue logo.
    jbl prx 600 series where the best in mid range of price and quality.
    Compared to...???
    Another my friend he works in sound and light company, and he bought them for rent business. He was praising the hight quality sound, clear mids and highs. and quite powerfull sound up to 135dbs.
    Sorry a single MI box claiming to run at 135dB continuously is extremely dubious. The JBL may claim to hit 135dB at a transient Peak, but I'd expect real world useage to see considerably less. If your friend is running a Single JBL Sub at 135dB all night long frankly I'd be amazed if the thing didn't explode. Beware the spec sheets, Manufacturers tend to put some seriously massaged numbers in there.

For your own sake, get a listen to the PRX before you buy and preferably do a comparison with similar offerings on the market. My beef is moreso with the Crown amplification rather than the JBL components themselves which are usually of a very high standard, I'm a big SRX fan btw.

If not for the Crown thing stuck on the back I'd probably be considering PRX myself.

Advertisement