Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed off my Agent

Options
  • 19-12-2011 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

So ive kinda pissed of the agent that gets me work in construction mostly labour, He rang me this morning when I was sick and i told him i could work tomorrow as the day has gone on ive got worse so i called him and explained why i cant do it, He kinda got in a huff over it, So my question is does anyone know of any good agencys for labourers in construction the guy im with is hayes at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Yeh i was with Hays Labour Hire in Brisbane for a few weeks a good few years ago, dealing with some Pommy bloke who did not like anyone missing at anytime for any reason, he had a massive turn over of staff and would call you all the time to see if you wanted to come back to be treated like a Dog.

But on the other hand how many Mondays hhave you missed, the 2 Cork lads that i helped find a job with my old employer over there did a great job at burning bridges with "Mondayitis" was told they missed 3 mondays in 2 months and promptly got their marching orders.

Why do Agency work, you get treated like something you step in and as if you have no life or commitments outside of work, the money is good but no better than work on the sites, find a better job for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

This is the first day in 10 weeks which is kinda why im pissed off about his attitude tbh, Hopefully I wnt need agencys after christmas but they were the lazy mans way of finding work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 killianganly

where you based man?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

astonaidan wrote: »
    This is the first day in 10 weeks which is kinda why im pissed off about his attitude tbh, Hopefully I wnt need agencys after christmas but they were the lazy mans way of finding work

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

astonaidan wrote: »
    This is the first day in 10 weeks which is kinda why im pissed off about his attitude tbh,

You need to walk Dude, he would have had all that information available to him up on the screen when he was talking to you either time, and he still wants to play the Emotional Blackmail Card with his Man Huff, start putting the feelers out after Christmas for something else.

• Advertisement

where you based man?
    Around Central in Sydney
    The Aussie wrote: »
    You need to walk Dude, he would have had all that information available to him up on the screen when he was talking to you either time, and he still wants to play the Emotional Blackmail Card with his Man Huff, start putting the feelers out after Christmas for something else.
    Yeah I thinking I will tbh, Got a call for traffic job today if I get that wont be wasting my time with them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

They are the worst to get in touch with!! Have rang them few times and said they will get right person to call back with the line of work im in, Never did!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Best off ringing up employers who post ads up on gumtree. Most of them will pay cash in hand too. I tried one labour agency, and when I rang them for the second time regarding work yer wan said to me 'well this phone call shows that youre interested in getting work'..... in all honesty. Plus they're making loads off you, paying you maybe $25 but charging the companies about $50 for you.

**** 'em.

Whore yourself out on gumtree, by posting adds in the 'jobs-wanted' section

Well got my job in traffic control today so going to steer clear of agencys for awhile, yeah i was getting 25 and one of the foremen told me they were paying 50 for me and if i wanted to work for them in new years for 30 i could, i was a bit shocked they charged 50 for me though:p

Advertisement