Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see the State Benefits forum on dropdown?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 5:58am

Howdy,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I thought I'd just stick it here as it seems the most appropriate spot.

Long and short of it is the state benefits forum still exists, but if i want to access it, i have to do a search for a topic that I think might be in that forum, and then use the search engine to get into the forum.

Once in the forum, it's still listed under Biz > Personal on the navigation bar, but when I go to the dropdown menu, State Benefits isn't there.

Here's a quick screen shot to show what I'm talking about;

statebenefits.jpg

Using the latest version of Firefox to view the site.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?! :confused:

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

You're not doing anything wrong, that forum isn't showing up in the menu and the issue will be investigated. However, your stating that the only way to find the forum by search is wildly inaccurate :)

You have several options that many users seem to just completely overlook (as evidenced by Overheal's reasoning why the beta menu bug thread ended up in Feedback this weekend, not Site Development - he 'couldn't find' Site Development)

You can:

1) Go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin and use CTRL+F to search for state benefits
    2) Bookmark the forum for quick access
    3) Follow the forum and have access to it via My Forums on the homepage/menu
    4) Click on the "Biz->Personal" to be brought to the category and click into the forum from there.

The menu system, while being the most popular way to navigate the site, is definitely not the only way and all of these other ways to get there are a whole lot less hassle than using search.

Strange permissions on that forum caused issues with the menu builder. Will be resolved next time the menu rebuilds.

And the menu is rebuilt now, it's visible up there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement