Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket master online booking fee

Options
  • 19-12-2011 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

With regards to ticket master charging a booking fee per ticket as opposed to per transaction which is disgraceful, does this apply if I purchased from a ticket master agent in a store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

david4791 wrote: »
    With regards to ticket master charging a booking fee per ticket as opposed to per transaction which is disgraceful, does this apply if I purchased from a ticket master agent in a store?

I don't believe it does apply to tickets purchased in a store/booth but don't quote me on that now, I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Yes it does, surprised me because I assumed it was handling, post etc which there isn't so much of if you go to the counter.

On another note I dont understand why it varies for different gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

With regards to ticket master charging a booking fee per ticket as opposed to per transaction which is disgraceful

Why do you think this is disgraceful?
    does this apply if I purchased from a ticket master agent in a store?

I believe the service fee is €2.50 per ticket through their outlets. Some outlets have a further credit / card charge per ticket if you don't want to pay in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Here are The Stone Roses Ticketmaster Prices, I think they are a good example of the usual Ticketmaster charges

St Stephen's Green, Soundcellar and Comet outlets: €63.65
    Nationwide outlets: €63.65 + €2.15 s/c
    Internet/Phone: €63.65 + €6.10 s/c

Although I think Comet Records have closed.
    The St Stephen's Green and Soundcellar outlets are the cheapest, if you are near them.
    Other outlets are next in price and the Interet/Phone sales are significantly more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

Skid wrote: »
    Here are The Stone Roses Ticketmaster Prices, I think they are a good example of the usual Ticketmaster charges

St Stephen's Green, Soundcellar and Comet outlets: €63.65
    Nationwide outlets: €63.65 + €2.15 s/c
    Internet/Phone: €63.65 + €6.10 s/c

Although I think Comet Records have closed.
    The St Stephen's Green and Soundcellar outlets are the cheapest, if you are near them.
    Other outlets are next in price and the Interet/Phone sales are significantly more expensive.

Am just deciding whether to go or not was peeved at the service charges. Stephen's Green convenient enough. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Paying in cash at the Stephen's Green booth incurs no charge. I believe it's the only possible way to avoid the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

It's a blood ripoff bookn online. No justification for postal charge as many folks select the e ticket option thus cutting costs for TM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's a blood ripoff bookn online. No justification for postal charge as many folks select the e ticket option thus cutting costs for TM

There is no postal charge, it's a service charge to the booking agent, who are not in it for the good of their health, they're in it for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its a convenience charge. Its €6 so you don't have to leave your desk/sofa

As long as they provide the option of buying them in shops, then I don't have an issue with it.

Advertisement