Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

This changes !!!!!!! ....... !!!!!! ....... nothing.
    Eircom have blocked thepiratebay for yonks now, doesn't stop anyone accessing it if they really want to.
    This is just optics, they'll try & block rapidshare & the like only for it to be appealed at European level then backtrack with egg on their faces.
    It'll probably take them 2 years to block a single site anyway then they'll sit down all chuffed with themselves.
    This registers at about 2 on the worry meter for illegal downloaders.

Affordable, reliable, legal alternatives . . . . the horse is in the next county by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Wouldn't we be better off if the Government were more concerned with "illegal" practises that drains profits from our own country than those of music moguls:

Noun:
    mogul (plural moguls)
    a rich or powerful person; a magnate

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Flashgordon197

Does this mean that UPC and the rest will have to block all these sites? Whats the position in the rest of the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

I don't think they can do anything seeing as the the Court of Justice of the European Union has recently outlawed the practice of filtering p2p networks...

http://www.article19.org/resources.php/resource/2872/en/landmark-digital-free-speech-ruling-at-european-court-of-justice

http://curia.europa.eu/juris/liste.jsf?language=en&num=C-70/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

What are they going to do...

Block usenet!!!

Yeah! good luck with that!!

They keep trying to sacrifice privacy for the small chance of stopping piracy(Which has and never will work), If only they would learn it will stop nothing and have zero affect.

What i don't understand is that the Irish Government could have just told the recorded companies it was in the hands of the Courts of Justice of the European Union. Seeing as they said no court could order an ISP to block any access.

What these law contradict each other!!

This is just a big mess that in the end will mean nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Thanks for replies. I thought Apple had some sort of device for docking an i pod in the car and playing it but cant find it.

Yo, Your thread is this way.........http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76064253 :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the only thing that will change is the places people go to get pirated material.

no law is going to stop determined people from downloading what they want, when they want. the only difference will be how they go about it, and that is assuming that it is even effectively implemented, which i highly doubt it would be.

Advertisement