Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted car thefts Celbridge: be vigilant!

Options
  • 19-12-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Last night just before midnight a white Transit van pulled into my apartment car-park just off the Hazelhatch Road and the passenger got out and started checking the doors of the cars parked there. Once I realised what he was at I let a roar and he dived back into the van and they legged it. The van itself is a new model Transit which has a really loud engine and beeps when reversed which is the only reason I looked out the window as it sounded like a bin lorry which is not right at nearly midnight on a Sunday!

Reported to the Gardai in Leixlip.

So be careful folks, don't leave anything in your car and make sure the doors are locked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Toulouse wrote: »
    Last night just before midnight a white Transit van pulled into my apartment car-park just off the Hazelhatch Road and the passenger got out and started checking the doors of the cars parked there. Once I realised what he was at I let a roar and he dived back into the van and they legged it. The van itself is a new model Transit which has a really loud engine and beeps when reversed which is the only reason I looked out the window as it sounded like a bin lorry which is not right at nearly midnight on a Sunday!

So be careful folks, don't leave anything in your car and make sure the doors are locked.
    There was a thread last well on someones car being nicked in celbridge. It sounded opportunistic. But if people are turning up in vans, maybe it's an organised thing. Better warn the missus to lock the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Toulouse wrote: »

Did you get the reg number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

No, was too far away unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056418271

This is an old thread but they were at similar things in kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

These scumbags have been doing the rounds in Clane this past while also!

• Advertisement
Advertisement