Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Bills

Options
  • 19-12-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

My heating bills are roughly €300 per month this time of the year.

Is that extremily high.

4 Bed detached house and not really using it to heat water.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

you've not really provided much information for anyone to even begin to help you.

What is your heating source, electric, gas, oil etc?

If its electric or gas do you submit meter readings or always get estimated bills?

300e a month sounds weird as that would mean your bi-monthly bill is 600e odd....are you sure the most recent bill wasn't just estimated as this may mean you are backpaying months of much lower bills.

If its oil when was last time you got the boiler serviced?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Its Calor LPG, and it works aout about €10 per day in the current weather ie last night

I have had the boiler serviced a couple of times.

I took a reading at 9.30pm last night and then this moring and it works out at €5 for 12 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

How old is the house and what is the BER rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

odds_on wrote: »
    How old is the house and what is the BER rating?
    I think it is more relevant to ask what type of boiler is it . BER doesn't really tell you much actual information nor how to address the problems.

An old gas boiler may be really inefficient. I changed my boilder and even with prices going up the bills went down massively. The BER rating would use the boilers maufacturing rating which over the years does not remain even when serviced regularly.

A 4 bed detached house could be any size really so that is kind of important too.

OP you would need to give more information if you want any kind of advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

I am heating a 5 bed semi detached house... last gas bill was 157euro for October and November...

new boiler in since September.. similar gas bill for same period last year was 270euro

Gas is on from 5am - 9am, 3pm to 7pm, 9pm - 11.30pm and then whenever people put on boost...

last boiler was approx 20years old.

Advertisement