Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC VERY SLOW

• 19-12-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody. Just wondering, is anybody else getting a very slow service from UPC during the past couple of weeks? The broadband was very fast before this happened. Sometimes there's just no internet. Most of the time it's alright though. Not that slow, but not as fast as before either. Would this be just because of congestion?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

www.speedtest.net is a good measure. Is this wireless? You getting a good wifi signal? Cable broadband yeah? Lot of standing water in your area the last few weeks maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

www.speedtest.net is a good measure. Is this wireless? You getting a good wifi signal? Cable broadband yeah? Lot of standing water in your area the last few weeks maybe?

I got a wireless router but I'm wired. My set up is, UPC router (Connected to some devices, which are unused most of the time) -> 35m cat5 -> My own router (both wireless routers) in my room -> to my computer. As I've said though, I didn't have any problems before. I actually never tried using the WiFi but I did just now and I do get a pretty good WiFi signal. Uhh, sorry but what do you mean by standing water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

UPC working great for me in Dublin. :)

mark17j wrote: »
    UPC working great for me in Dublin. :)
    Jealous :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Would this be just because of congestion?

If the slow down is from 6-11PM, then more than likely yes. If it's random, then could be an issue with your connection, cabling, modem, etc, and should be reported to UPC.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    If the slow down is from 6-11PM, then more than likely yes. If it's random, then could be an issue with your connection, cabling, modem, etc, and should be reported to UPC.

Nah, it's not just 6-11PM. I had it earlier. It was about 12PM. Yeah I think I'll give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

getting a lot of disconnections myself in waterford

Faq wrote: »
    getting a lot of disconnections myself in waterford

Yeah that's basically what's happening to me. I'm going to give UPC a call and ask them what's up.

Hey everybody. Gave UPC a call earlier and they instructed me to do some stuff, the usual troubleshooting. Didn't fix a thing. Then the girl that I was talking to said that she did something with the broadband, these are her words, 'Now your broadband won't turn off unless YOU switch it off'. A bit strange but it seems like that worked. I don't know what the option was anyway but that's what she said(we-hey). Ah well, it's working fine now so if anyone else gets the slow/no broadband problem, give them a call and they should fix it. One way or the other. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Hey everybody. Gave UPC a call earlier and they instructed me to do some stuff, the usual troubleshooting. Didn't fix a thing. Then the girl that I was talking to said that she did something with the broadband, these are her words, 'Now your broadband won't turn off unless YOU switch it off'. A bit strange but it seems like that worked. I don't know what the option was anyway but that's what she said(we-hey). Ah well, it's working fine now so if anyone else gets the slow/no broadband problem, give them a call and they should fix it. One way or the other. :)
    yep they're able to log into your modem their end to make changes to your settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement