Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peace Commissioner in City Centre?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for a peace commissioner in Cork city centre to get permit signed. Tried Barrys photography shop by the GPO but apparently he has retired. Anyone know of another one?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ZappaMan wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a peace commissioner in Cork city centre to get permit signed. Tried Barrys photography shop by the GPO but apparently he has retired. Anyone know of another one?

Many thanks.

I'm fairly certain Billy MacGill the photographer is one. He's based on Winthrop Street - a google will give you his number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Pop into your local Garda station and the should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

ZappaMan wrote: »
    Hey all,

Many thanks.
    Be warned that you'll have to pay to get it signed
    It's easier to put yourself on the electoral register to get the permit. Just ask at City Hall reception and say its to get a permit and they'll do it there and then saving you money and time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Big Mo

I am a Peace Commissioner in Cork, I do not charge a fee to sign documents as Peace Commissioners are not allowed to charge. If a Peace Commissioner tries to charge he/she should be reported to the Dept. of Justice. If you still need something signed you can reach me at 0879840087, proof of identity will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Big Mo wrote: »
    I am a Peace Commissioner in Cork, I do not charge a fee to sign documents as Peace Commissioners are not allowed to charge. If a Peace Commissioner tries to charge he/she should be reported to the Dept. of Justice. If you still need something signed you can reach me at 0879840087, proof of identity will be needed.

Hi everyone.

Is this person right (no offence meant). Can I call to the mobile number provided? Because the profile statistics is making me bit doubtful (for good reason though).

Any suggestions are appreciated with sincere thanks.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

mac.in wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Is this person right (no offence meant). Can I call to the mobile number provided? Because the profile statistics is making me bit doubtful (for good reason though).

I would ring the mobile number and politely ask for a landline and office address - then check online:

http://www.localpages.ie/category.aspx?category=Commissioners%20For%20Oaths

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I googled the phone number. If you look at page 8 of the Douglas Post linked at http://issuu.com/dominornovus/docs/issue729 he appears to be genuine

WHL wrote: »
    I googled the phone number. If you look at page 8 of the Douglas Post linked at http://issuu.com/dominornovus/docs/issue729 he appears to be genuine

Great Job! Thanks a lot for your concern.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

No problem at all :)

mac.in wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I met this man. He is good and friendly.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 callie walsh

I am a lady Peace Commissioner in the Passage west area my number is <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deedo89

I contacted a Commissioner of Oath and they wanted to charge me so I called Fergal Dennehy. He was so helpful and came to meet me within an hour of me calling him. He didn't charge either. That's the way it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This thread is two years old so I'm closing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement