Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride-On mower wont start

Options
  • 19-12-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I last used my ride on the last week of november and went to start it last nite as i needed to move it. however went to start it and turn the key there was hardly a noise. i remember this happened a few yrs back but cant remember how it was fixed. any know what the problem sounds like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

My bet would be a flat battery or a sticky starter motor. Check the terminals for corrosion and check the water level in the battery, top up with distilled water if necessary, and ideally trickle charge the battery. This will rule out the battery. The starter could be stuck, a few light taps (not metal against metal) could free it up. It may be worth checking for a blown fuse, the safety cut-off switch under the seat, or corrosion on the ignition wire terminals behind the key..... Best of luck !

Advertisement