Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC want my next bill paid before its even issued!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Secondly as I have stated numerous times they should wait until the date of issue to inform me of my bill like every other company I deal with.

They gave you a statement of your account as it stood at the time of you contacting them. How you can't understand this simple fact is beyond me. Just because a bill is issued on a particular date, doesn't mean that the billables are not showing on your account before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you bothered to read my posts you would see that I object to getting them before their due you arrogant idiot.

Please do not address other posters in this manner. It will not be tolerated.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

If your bill amount is the same every month (which it would be if you have TV/Broadband, phone is a different story) and times are tough, surely you would be prepared for this and not freak out because you found out you have a upcoming bill which you were clearly expecting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sweet Jesus.

You're whingeing about something that's so trivial, it's virtually non existent.

They were trying to be helpful. Advisors are often trained to tell people what their next bill is/when it's due in a "Just to let you know also" way.
    What on earth could your problem be? You know you'll have to pay it, whether you want to hear it or not... just... what is the problem here? :confused:

Why are you speaking about bills as if they are nasty charges for nothing? You are choosing to use this service. Ok, it is a struggle for a lot of people to pay bills at the moment, but they still have to be paid. People pay for goods in shops no problem, why the stigma around bills? Because they're less immediate? If you are having difficulty meeting the payments, contact the company and ask them to set up a payment plan - companies have such set-ups in place. Instead of calling them "showers" for no reason, bear in mind that they might not actually be that evil and might actually be happy to help.

And seriously, calling answers here immature and idiotic (even though they're nothing of the sort) and calling someone an arrogant idiot - not because they're wrong but because you don't like hearing them and hoped by your own admission you'd get lots of sympathy and UPC hate? Get a grip, ffs.
    Nothing wrong with what UPC did - except in your mind. Maybe consider that you're the one who could be wrong... Btw, what's "loaded" about a person who says you have to make provisions for paying your bills?
    Merch wrote: »
    The way I read the OPs post is that they feel they have been billed incorrectly
    It looked to me and others that they were annoyed about being told what their next bill is, because they didn't want to know... even though they use the service... and know they will have to pay the next bill.
    If they thought they had been incorrectly billed, fair enough, but it was explained at the start of the thread that all is correct, and that caused the OP to go into a strop. Nothing incorrect whatsoever in the procedure.
    I find it a bit odd when posters come on and defend a company quite ardently.
    Yes, because it MUST mean they work for the company in question... :rolleyes:
    Or... maybe they just thought the OP was being unreasonable? I find it strange when people ardently defend abusive posters.

Btw, I had a crap time with UPC a few years ago - to the extent that they put €60 credit in my account, so I'm not biased and I am with Sky.

I would think some people here work in customer service all right though, and have to put up with ridiculous abuse over nonsense like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Dave0301

"Thank you for your recent email.

I can see from your account that there is a total balance of €200. Out of which there is an outstanding balance of €100. Please note that you will have to clear the balance before 03/12/2011 to avoid suspension of services."

I panicked and thought that I had missed a payment in the past, I rang and was waiting ages so looked it up online and it said "100" all I am saying is it is irresponsible of them to reply in this way.

From that mail, personally i'd interpret that as €100 due by 03/12/2011. Leaving me with the next payment of €100 due roughly a month later.

In tough economic times I would have thought people would be appreciative of a time frame to budget for bills.

I can empathize with your financial difficulties (I've €3 till Friday :o) but these pesky bills have gotta been paid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    Er... How is it up to you to decide what should be the last post of a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Melendez wrote: »

Read the forum charter. It isn't a forum to rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I'm almost shedding tears here, I'm so overwhelmed with the spirit of christmas which is so clearly evident in this thread :rolleyes:

jmorrisey wrote: »
    I'm almost shedding tears here, I'm so overwhelmed with the spirit of christmas which is so clearly evident in this thread :rolleyes:
    Yeah the OP was being really unpleasant all right - firing out insults for no reason etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement