Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a PS3 reballed?

• 19-12-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

PS3 has YLOD, tried the temporary fix myself hoping to get through the xmas with it but went again after 2 weeks, any place in Dublin area that reballs the GPU and how much?
    Any info appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Crosáidí wrote: »
    PS3 has YLOD, tried the temporary fix myself hoping to get through the xmas with it but went again after 2 weeks, any place in Dublin area that reballs the GPU and how much?

Consolepros are in Dublin and he has a website. Dont know price for PS3 but xbox 360 is €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Consolepros are in Dublin and he has a website. Dont know price for PS3 but xbox 360 is €65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Wouldn't hold much hope for a permanent fix for your PS3 if you took a heat gun to it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

justryan wrote: »
    Wouldn't hold much hope for a permanent fix for your PS3 if you took a heat gun to it already

I'm afraid I'll have to second this.
    A heatgun is no substitute for a rework station.
    It may seem to be the cheaper way out but your only burning a bigger hole in your pocket in the long run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

PM me if you interested in Ps3 reball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

justryan wrote: »

I was careful ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My apologies to butt in on the OPs tried but I was asking in the main forum about getting my PS3 reballed. The kind fellow who replied mentioned that there were some folk here who do it and offer a pretty decent warranty.

It died perhaps 12-18 months ago and I put off getting anything done with it as no-one seemed to offer a decent fix. I learnt of the reball there a few weeks ago so was hoping to get this done. I've never gone near it with a heat gun or anything like that.

So can anyone recommend a place/user to do it and preferably with a bit of warranty? It's a 60GB phat model which had the 60GB replaced with a 320GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

My apologies to butt in on the OPs tried but I was asking in the main forum about getting my PS3 reballed. The kind fellow who replied mentioned that there were some folk here who do it and offer a pretty decent warranty.

It died perhaps 12-18 months ago and I put off getting anything done with it as no-one seemed to offer a decent fix. I learnt of the reball there a few weeks ago so was hoping to get this done. I've never gone near it with a heat gun or anything like that.

So can anyone recommend a place/user to do it and preferably with a bit of warranty? It's a 60GB phat model which had the 60GB replaced with a 320GB.

joker@ offers this service why not give him a PM

Advertisement