Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Rads 2011 and efficiency

• 19-12-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have 3 rads on gas heating system in my house which have never worked despite numerous plumber call outs, Im now considering replacing them with electric rads. Many suppliers of electric rads now state there is no comparison with new efficient electric rads Vs the old fashioned storage heaters, any advice out there?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

david, is there a chance, that its not your heating system,and that its actually your building fabric's lack of insulation.. storage heaters working on night time elec are an option but if you've got a gas system installed it seems odd to me that it all isnt working.
    1. how old is the system?
    2. how old is the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

Built ten years old, same rads nit heating, air locked in system

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

there must be a way to release the air from the system? seems mental to me to be put in elec rads due to air lock

It's a closed system and the plumber cannot seem to get air out of system, he normally arrives and closes down all rads bars the air locked ones to flush the air out, it works for couple of days then back to same again

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

That sound like you have a small leak somewhere. maybe under the concrete. If you have been using the same plumber I would get another guy in to take a look at it (someone who has no relationship to first plumber). Ask them what they think and if they can 'fix' it. If they say yes then insist they do.
    There is a problem here thats not getting fixed and you would be better to focus on that than change. I would see that change as a step back wards.
    We have gas heating and the system is 20 years old and is fine.

• Advertisement

Hello Troy,
    The problem rests with qualpex piping too, this pipe was introduced in last decade and is a nuisance, the problem is the pipe distorts when heating on in shape like a radio wave on a graph ie peaks and troughs thus allowing air pockets in the troughs, thus never with a rigid copper pipe.

Advertisement