Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beer stopper in dublin

• 19-12-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Where would i get one of these or similar in Dublin city?

1205184888-31642-0.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ronano wrote: »
    Where would i get one of these or similar in Dublin city?

1205184888-31642-0.jpg

I'd try some discount stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Phew, when I read this thread title, I had visions of some kind of teetotal superhero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for the replies

If that were the case there would arise an 'evil' collective out to take them down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ronano wrote: »
    thanks for the replies

If that were the case there would arise an 'evil' collective out to take them down

Actually wouldn't mind getting one of those for the 750ml bottles I don't finish the odd time :) if you do find a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jjanderton

I would first Google it as beer stoppers are not a kind of thing that you can not find online. There are certainly some online resource which are providing you beer stopper.In case if you start to think that you won't get any good here then you should search it in your local market or should ask your colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Wine shops are the best bet. Or buy a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin and you get one for free.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

KJ wrote: »
    Wine shops are the best bet. Or buy a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin and you get one for free.;)
    Bloody expensive for a set of three though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They're not really called "Beer stoppers" though, you'd have better luck searching "Wine stoppers"

I've seen them in the likes of Tesco or Dunnes all the time. They do be on the hanging up in the racks in the aisles in the Beer/Wine section. You'd also get them in somewhere like Homestores + More.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Regular wine stoppers aren't designed for carbonated drinks. You'll lose some fizz from the drink initially until the pressure in the bottle is high enough to keep the drink carbonated and may even pop the stopper.

There are stoppers you can get that are designed to keep fizzy drinks fizzy that have a pump on the top to pressurise the bottle after you top it. These are threaded, not sure if a similar thing exists for glass bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lar203

just finish the bottle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Great advice lar you're a god damn genius

thanks everyone else for the help and info :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd be with lat here, unless it's a 70cl bottle of le cheuff or something!

Advertisement