Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

hope you had an amazing holiday gee g, feeling loads of movement now except every time i call oh to come feel it move the baby hides, he is a bit upset mad to feel it,

Thats typical isn't it, wel I wasn't sure at all if it could be felt from the outside so sat for ages with his hand there and he eventually felt it. Hopefully your baby will stop hiding soon :D You in good form??x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

for his sake i hope he feels it soon, Im in good form myself had doc last week, my bp was the lowest it has been in ages but i just put that down to having the day off work haha :-) back at me a bit too but up not so bad, hope your well too x

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Came across this website today kiddisave.co.uk. They have loads of buggies. They have the Quinny Buzz (I know someone mentioned that one) with 17% off. There is also a promotional code for a further 10% off off orders over €100. Not sure if the two can be used together, I don't see why not. They prices are in Sterling and they deliver to Ireland for £20. Could be a saving there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

I was going to go to the baby fair in cork but i have my scan on Fri and im just so nervous about it , not in great form this week at all, just feel im doing all the work, carrying the baby, working loads so i can get money to afford somewhere to live meanwhile the boyf is not working and going out drinking and having fun all the time :-( really sick of it all

i know that feeling, oh doesn't really understand the strain, he does be a bit upset with me when i want to go to bed early or if i don't feel up for going somewhere etc,

• Advertisement

Men eh? Just he'll get his priorities in check when the baby comes. I've decided im going to go to to the baby fair after all, got time off work and all think i deserve a treat :-) hope everyone well

do go to the baby fair and enjoy it :-) there is a muster baby fair on in clonmel park hotel on Sunday the 29th and its free entry, will head to that for a look alright :-)

20 week scan tomorrow !! Can't sleep hope it will go well :O ill let ye know how i get on xx

Well went for the anomaly scan thought i was 22 weeks but im 23+1 !!! So the scan took ages as the screen was turned away from me although i saw the feet and hands. The sonogopher said every thing appeared well, small baby but im small too.
    And by the way its a little baby girl!!! Im so delighted! She's gonna be my little princess!!! I think oh would have preferred a boy but i know he's delighted! Said he's not gonna leave her out the house she's 21!!!!
    He's already talking bout having another!! Good lord! So looking forward to cork tomorrow will be looking for little cute pink items :-) hope everyone is well and relaxing or the weekend!! Xx

pushki wrote: »
    Well went for the anomaly scan thought i was 22 weeks but im 23+1 !!! So the scan took ages as the screen was turned away from me although i saw the feet and hands. The sonogopher said every thing appeared well, small baby but im small too.
    And by the way its a little baby girl!!! Im so delighted! She's gonna be my little princess!!! I think oh would have preferred a boy but i know he's delighted! Said he's not gonna leave her out the house she's 21!!!!
    He's already talking bout having another!! Good lord! So looking forward to cork tomorrow will be looking for little cute pink items :-) hope everyone is well and relaxing or the weekend!! Xx

Aw Pushki, you have me all emotional reading your post. Congratulations on your little princess x Daddy's and their little girls eh! We were at an 18th birthday last weekend, my husband wants another boy after seeing all the girls with next to nothing on them lol. He said he couldn't cope with a daughter!
    Delighted all went well today, I have my scan on Monday, I will be 23 weeks tomorrow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Congrats Pushki!! It's amazing to know who's growing inside you isn't it?! I found out we're having a boy last week and think I'm still processing the news, its so surreal but makes the whole thing much more real. I love knowing I'm going to have a son!!

Is anyone else thinking about finding out the sex?

Good luck with all the scans x

Congrats Pushki!! It's amazing to know who's growing inside you isn't it?! I found out we're having a boy last week and think I'm still processing the news, its so surreal but makes the whole thing much more real. I love knowing I'm going to have a son!!

Is anyone else thinking about finding out the sex?

Good luck with all the scans x

Congratulations on your son Grapefruit Moon x
    Was just reading bits from the web there about women who want to find out the sex and men who don't! Had a chat with hubby - he's not budging. We have scan on Monday. If I don't find out then I will be waiting for August. I couldn't go behind his back and book a private scan.

I have this real urge the past week or 2 to find out:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Wooooo congrats to you both pushki and grapefruit moon, how exciting!

congratulations to ye both,

i always said i didn't want to know that i would like a surprise and oh wants to know but now Im kinda leaning towards knowing, my next scan is on the 10th may i have till then to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Aw congrats ladies, it's a real thrill to know. I never thought I'd find out but it's completely different when you're in the position!
    In our case it was hubby that wanted to know, I didn't have any great feelings either way so we found out. I wanted a boy, he wanted a girl, he's getting his girl, can't wait! :D
    All the pink clothes are so hard to resist but I have to start buying neutral stuff, if we have another baby and it's a boy I'll be back to square one!!

woohoo oh finally felt the baby move tonight, it was great x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

woohoo oh finally felt the baby move tonight, it was great x

Ah brilliant Betsie...He'll be happy now :D
    Its such a nice thing to be able to share isn't it :)

ah he was delighted :-) he is gone off to work this morning with a big smile on his face, i think it finally feels real for him now

Had scan today, everything looking good. :)

delighted it went well or you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hi Ladies, I Have'nt posted on here before, just been reading along interested, but had a 22 week scan yesterday so i now have some news at last to share.
    I had a sibling with spina bifida and i had been exposed to chicken pox ( which I never had) so I had anomly scan but Dr said all looks fine.
    We were convinced we were having a boy and had name even picked but turns out bump is a little lady. I already have a 7 yr old girl and she is delighted she will have "someone to play dolls with"!
    At my 12 wk check up midwives recommended I have a c section due to my 4th degree tear during last labour.
    At scan yesterday Dr said placenta lying low but the only way it can move is up. I have been scaring myself reading up on it over the net , has anyone here had any experience of it ?

Delighted your can went well kinori :-) and that your oh felt the baby it must be such a special feeling for him and you !!

ti shandy you must have been very worried bout your lil bab before the anomaly scan but it looks like baby is healthy and happy! I was convinced ii was having a boy too and im just over the moon its a girl

Finally bought some stuff for the baby mostly pink i just couldn't resist !! Got beautiful things in tks max and got babys first little pair of booties :-) its so great to finally start getting ready for the babys arrival

Hope all are well xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭LorraineMcFly

23 weeks pregnant this week and this baby is so active!. i already feel like a whale and sleeping is so uncomfortable! roll on week 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

It's great to hear people's scans are going well, and to hear if people are having boys or girls! congrats to all :) And Betsie I'd say your oh is delighted to feel his baby move, mine still can't get used to the feeling!

Tishandy, you must be so relieved after your scan. My mum lost her first baby (my sister) to spina bifida and it was such a cloud hanging over me, even though I'd been taking my folic acid and I knew everything would be fine, I still just needed to hear it confirmed. The sonographer was very clear she couldn't rule anything out 100% but she spent a long time looking at the baby's spine etc and there was nothing to suggest any abnormalities, was so so lovely to hear!

Lorraine I'm 23 weeks too and the baby just seems to be getting more and more active, it's such a mad feeling!

Anyone been thinking of names yet? Now we know we're having a boy I thought it'd be easier to make a short list but still have about 30 possibilities!!

we can't come up with names at all, i always said i wanted to call my son if i had one Michael but that's out the window now as oh surname is Jackson, i couldn't do it to the child, then Thomas as its my dads name and he passed away a few years ago but my brother is Thomas, so def think it will be Thomas as the middle name, as for girls names have not got a clue really :-( its such a decision as the name we give then is with then for the rest of there life.

anyone else get called for the GTT test? Im going for mine this Friday,

Betsie you made me laugh with the Michael Jackson :) Just a little tip for you for your next visit in Clonmel. I went to the nurse first and then we were waiting for the scan. We were called by a young doctor called Yvonne. She produced a doppler and my jaw dropped. I was thinking to myself I could have had this done at the GP's. My husband said we assumed we would be getting a scan, so off she went to get the portable scanning machine. She said there was no problem having a scan if we wanted one. Make sure you ask. I have my next appointment is with the consultant (Dr Vijay) in 4 weeks. She is going to do a more detailed scan. Because I went private with the last two pregnancies I was used to getting a scan each time, but it was the same portable machine. Plus I am being seen from now on every 4 weeks, it was every 6 weeks last time! Another thing was they didn't take more blood:) yay like getting blood from a stone with me lol. The nurse told me my iron was 12 (apparently normal is between 12-15) She told me to start taking it even every second or third day.

Tishandy delighted your scan went well. I had a low lying placenta with my first baby. I had a bad bleed, I think I was around 15 weeks. It all sorted itself out the placenta moved up. Doctor put me on bed rest for 4 weeks at home.

Has anyone else been nosey and having a peek at the due July 2012 Thread?? They are posting pictures of their bumps and all!

we can't come up with names at all, i always said i wanted to call my son if i had one Michael but that's out the window now as oh surname is Jackson, i couldn't do it to the child, then Thomas as its my dads name and he passed away a few years ago but my brother is Thomas, so def think it will be Thomas as the middle name, as for girls names have not got a clue really :-( its such a decision as the name we give then is with then for the rest of there life.

anyone else get called for the GTT test? Im going for mine this Friday,
    Betsie, just spotted them end of your message. The GTT wasn't mentioned to me yesterday.

i thought i was the only one looking at the July thread :-)

Im dreading the test as i have bad veins, i know my bp will be high coz it always is when getting blood taken :-(

thanks for the tip too, i have my next appointment the .10th may, if the doppler is brought out ill be mad coz i live 30mins away and have to take time off work for it.

do you know anything about anti natal classes in clonmel? i was hoping. they would be running them in tipp but not due to cut backs, cashel is the same, so going to have km look into clonmel i would say x

i thought i was the only one looking at the July thread :-)

Im dreading the test as i have bad veins, i know my bp will be high coz it always is when getting blood taken :-(

thanks for the tip too, i have my next appointment the .10th may, if the doppler is brought out ill be mad coz i live 30mins away and have to take time off work for it.

do you know anything about anti natal classes in clonmel? i was hoping. they would be running them in tipp but not due to cut backs, cashel is the same, so going to have km look into clonmel i would say x

Hi Betsie,

Snap on the bad veins! Was delighted they took no blood on Monday lol. My cousin had white coat syndrome (think that's what it's called. Her BP went trough the roof when she went into the hospital. They gave her the 24 hour monitor a few times when she was pregnant and it was perfect at home!

We are the same, we live nearly 40 mins away, I thought I was going to cry! You can be ready for them if they try and produce the doppler!
    We went to Ante Natal Classes in the Hospital in Clonmel. That was back in late 2007 before the recession hit badly! You could ask the nurses the next day, I'm sure they would know if they are on. You still have plenty of time to book them. They were helpful. The practical advice they gave was very good. One thing was to have the labour ward number in your phone and OH's phone to give them a buzz when you are on the way in. The other was the main hospital door is closed I think from around 9 or 10 p.m, so if you are going in during the night you have to use the A and E entrance.
    OH still has the number in his phone lol

• Advertisement

i had an app yesterday. my blood pressure was really low so the gave a quick scan of the baby. i think ye should ask for a scan anyways the worst they can say is no! got my bloods done for iron but no gtt .

24 weeks tomorrow can't believe how fast time is going!!

the oh said i can choose the name if it is a girl (he was going to choose if it was a boy) so i have her name choose already not telling anyone not even himself because he can't keep it secret!

i think the more you talk about names the more difficult it becomes and you are bound to have people to voice their opinion on the name you may choose.

i must check this July thread seems July is a busy month:-)

Advertisement