Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

wow them books sound fab i must go into heatons next time Im down home :-)

i have such a sore throat today, really could do with staying at home today :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Oh pushki that reminds me, I have one of those books MIL got it for me must dig it out!
    Your boyf and my hubby are the same, so flipping loud!! Can only imagine how loud the daddys girl will be!

was sitting at home this morning before i went to work bed the dog was asleep on my lap and the poor thing got kicked in the ribs, she didn't know what was going on was fair funny :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

that's gas SSFG!! i am loving the movements lately i feel so happy ( prob happy pregnant hormones!!)

Thit's so funny betsie about your dog being kicked, poor mite probably didn't have a clue what was going on!

my appetite is still pretty poor going to doc tomorrow for advice, i know all my organs are being squashed by baby so im sure that has something to do with it!
    having a lazy day today off work tonite so im going to spend quality time with bump, bath and sleep :-)
    xx

ah stop the poor thing hadn't a clue what was going on but after a minute she settled down again :-)

loving movements myself, i find myself just sitting down in the evenings and looking at the bump even have oh just looking at it too :-) baby lovely classical music, i do too love listening to it when Im alone at home but baby goes mad when its on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I am just killed with heart burn the past few days. I was taking the Gaviscon tablets, they helped for a short while. I got Rennie Ice in Super Value today. They really seem to be doing the trick. I got bad heart burn after washing the floors this morning!

I am so tired too, I had a lot of driving yesterday. I didn't have the boys with me so the cd player was up high. Bab's was bopping away to the music. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

kinioiri wrote: »
    I am just killed with heart burn the past few days. I was taking the Gaviscon tablets, they helped for a short while. I got Rennie Ice in Super Value today. They really seem to be doing the trick. I got bad heart burn after washing the floors this morning!

I am so tired too, I had a lot of driving yesterday. I didn't have the boys with me so the cd player was up high. Bab's was bopping away to the music. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. x

I am the same with heartburn. I nearly feel like I am going to get sick with it sometimes!!!Brutal! I had to give in and buy the sachets of Gaviscon as I can not take chalkie tabs. I find the Gaviscon absolutely horrific too but seems to be doing the job so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Has anyone else seen their bump moving yet? So amazing!

That's so funny about your dog betsie, just wondering are you worried at all about how the dog will react to the new baby? Our dog is pretty spoilt and used to being the centre of attention, she isn't brilliant around children so I'm worried about how she will react. Trying to make changes now, like making certain rooms off limits, so that she hopefully doesn't associate the changes with the baby- not sure how well that will work!

love watching my bump move its so amazing,

tbh my dog has never really been around that many children i don't know how she will react, my dog is so spoiled and i know that's my own fault, she is very good with other people can be a bit hyper at times but good most of the time :-) we will just have to take it as it comes, star is part of our family so hopefully she will be ok

Gee_G wrote: »
    I am the same with heartburn. I nearly feel like I am going to get sick with it sometimes!!!Brutal! I had to give in and buy the sachets of Gaviscon as I can not take chalkie tabs. I find the Gaviscon absolutely horrific too but seems to be doing the job so far :D

The heartburn is unreal, I find the liquid so much better was out of it today but can't wait to glug it down tomorrow!! Looks like a lot of us will have hairy babies if the old wives tale is true!! :D

I had a lovely lazy day today, day off work so i just spent ages admiring the baby clothes i got the other week :) I'm going to try and refrain from buying any more for a good while now!

I haven't seen the baby move from the outside as she's a small baby but i can definitely feel them from inside.

Betsie as regards your dog i'm nearly 100% positive my dogs, esp. my female dog knew i was pregnant even before I did they dont jump up on me any more like they used to and my female dog cuddled up against my belly one day as if she was trying to give the baby extra protection!! ( she's pure broody herself :D)

Although saying that you' never know with animals they would want to be supervised with the baby, Never know betsie your baby and doggy might become best buddies!!!!

xx

• Advertisement

fingers crossed they do become best friends :)

heart burn kicked in last night and by god did it kick in, im awake half the night with it, only had the lemon rennies left i took them but hate them, must get more today, i dont like the gaviscon took it before i was ever pregnant and it made me sick so i dred to think what it would do to me now that i am,

what a horrible day out today, would just love to light the fire and put my pj's back on and curl up on the couch for the day with the dog and a good book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

pushki wrote: »
    well wear Lorraine my car is a four door but it has never been cleaned out since i got it :O its disgraceful, think ill wait another month or two and get it valleted , i hate cleaning out the car !!

the last few days ivebeen sorting out my room . putting clothes and shoes for after the baby in storage. the whole clearing out is tough but wanna got sorted before i get too huge!!

has anyone been thinking about having a 4d scan?

Hi all, I had a 4d scan done at weekend in Innervision Castlebar, it was absolutely fantastic, got to see my Baby Boy, he is so gorgeous, the imaging is absolutely fantastic, got to see all his features and all the vital organs and veins and cords and you name it, Helen the sonographer was just so fantastic, I would highly recommend having one done, and got a dvd of the session aswell, I just cant wait to meet my little man in person now!!!!!!!!!! Im smitten:)xx.

tishandy wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I Have'nt posted on here before, just been reading along interested, but had a 22 week scan yesterday so i now have some news at last to share.
    I had a sibling with spina bifida and i had been exposed to chicken pox ( which I never had) so I had anomly scan but Dr said all looks fine.
    We were convinced we were having a boy and had name even picked but turns out bump is a little lady. I already have a 7 yr old girl and she is delighted she will have "someone to play dolls with"!
    At my 12 wk check up midwives recommended I have a c section due to my 4th degree tear during last labour.
    At scan yesterday Dr said placenta lying low but the only way it can move is up. I have been scaring myself reading up on it over the net , has anyone here had any experience of it ?

Hi Tishandy, I am 25 weeks and I also have a low lying placenta, it has moved up a bit since week 12, and it will move up as the womb grows upwards to accomodate growing baby, I have been reassured a number of times that this is not an issue and may result in a caesarean section but apart from that it should cause no issues, I am a terrible worrier but im not too worried about this, if baby is doing well thats the main thing. Good luck with everything.

betsie the heartbeat really sucks doesn't it? i don't like the pink rennies so i take one pink and one orange together, mix and match ;-) know the weather is desparate , just a day for the bed and a book, and as I've work tonight that's what im doing now :-)
    Rose it sounds like the scan was amazing!! how many weeks were you when you got it done? do you mind me asking how much it was? congrats on your baby boy!!!!

got a call from the maternity today to say my iron is low so i'm on iron tablets now, anyone else with low iron?
    xx

Hi pushki, yes the scan was amazing, i am 25 weeks, they recommend to have one done between 25 and 32 weeks, at 25 weeks baby has plenty of movement and room in womb so images can be great, even though my little man likes to play hide and seek with his little hands, but obliged and showed his beautiful face eventually. He actually looks like his dad, imagine I can tell that already, even though saying that he might have my wide bridged nose, poor fella. It usually costs 175 euro for the 3d/4d scan with coloured and black and white photos and dvd of session. I was lucky I spotted a deal at the time on groupon.ie and got it for 70euro but I was going anyway it was just a bonus to get it at that price. It is well worth it, and I feel better knowing my baby is healthy and very active in there as had a slight issue with an inflammed thyroid gland last week but thankfully it is just one of those things and not affecting my babes. Pregnancy can bring on all sorts of weird things that one never had before. Regarding the Iron I asked my doctor should i be on iron and he said maybe at month 8, but for now I dont need it, taking pregnacare it has all the necessary supplements in it so far anyway. Iron tablets can cause constipation so watch out. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

pushki wrote: »
    betsie the heartbeat really sucks doesn't it? i don't like the pink rennies so i take one pink and one orange together, mix and match ;-) know the weather is desparate , just a day for the bed and a book, and as I've work tonight that's what im doing now :-)
    Rose it sounds like the scan was amazing!! how many weeks were you when you got it done? do you mind me asking how much it was? congrats on your baby boy!!!!

got a call from the maternity today to say my iron is low so i'm on iron tablets now, anyone else with low iron?
    xx

I was not low on iron, they actually told me I had great Iron levels but for some reason put me on the bloody things anyway! I am taking Galfer FA, which the midwife told me has to be taken with orange juice!! Which is just going down great with the heartburn:mad: No probs with the tablets really so far and on them about 2 or 3 weeks now!:)

sounds like you have me convinced rose about the scan!! ill have to think more tho with the price and all! i was taking pregnacare plus since i found out i was pregnant but need a supplement still!

ya geegee they say to tale it with orange juice as the vit c helps iron absorption, just have your rennies/ gaviscon at hand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Getting a 4D scan next weekend can't wait to see it now!

I can see the bump move alright. Had a bath the other night, could see ripples in the water from the force of the kicks, very funny.
    Also sometimes in the evening I sit watching it, have been known to put the remote or hubby's wedding ring on it to see them move!

i never thought of mixing the rennies might make the yellow ones taste better,

i would love to get a 3d scan done, i might look into it and see sound fantastic

Hi Girls,

When my Mam was pregnant with my sister I remember a neighbour who breeds dogs telling Mam to bring something belonging to the baby home before the baby gets home. Like a vest or a babygro the baby has worn. It sounds a bit off the wall but we had no hassle with our dog and he was spoiled rotten. I am 14 years older than my sister so the dog wasn't used to small babies or children. He used to sit under her carrycot like he was minding her.

Got a McDonalds take drive-thru this evening because I was longing their sweet curry dip all day. Got home and NO DIP:mad:

Is anyones baby transverse at the moment. I was reading about it lastnight. I know the baby has loads of time to turn but of course hormonal me is in a panic. I would hate to have a section after having two natural births:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

what's it like to have sex? im still a virgin.

my baby is transverse at the moment too, plenty of time for it to move, or so Im told :-)

was sitting on sofa a while ago and was falling asleep so went to bed and now Im wide awake, :-(

kinioiri wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

When my Mam was pregnant with my sister I remember a neighbour who breeds dogs telling Mam to bring something belonging to the baby home before the baby gets home. Like a vest or a babygro the baby has worn. It sounds a bit off the wall but we had no hassle with our dog and he was spoiled rotten. I am 14 years older than my sister so the dog wasn't used to small babies or children. He used to sit under her carrycot like he was minding her.

Got a McDonalds take drive-thru this evening because I was longing their sweet curry dip all day. Got home and NO DIP:mad:

Is anyones baby transverse at the moment. I was reading about it lastnight. I know the baby has loads of time to turn but of course hormonal me is in a panic. I would hate to have a section after having two natural births:eek:

that is a really good idea kinori bringing the clothes babys worn home first, get them used to the smell!

Must be something to do with august babies kinori and betsie because my baby is lying transverse too!! I wouldn't worry about it too much kinori as betsie said plenty of time to move yet!

My little man is transverse aswell, my sister carried her first boy in same position and he didnt turn till the very end, we have plenty of time yet i wouldnt worry, its obviously a very comfy position for the baby and not to bad for me to carry either, get most kicks and elbows in the corners around hips.

must be something in the water for all us August mammys to be :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I'm 23 weeks today.

The craving for chocolate polo biscuits is something else! :o

I must say the 4D scan sounds very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rockys Lover

afternoon ladies, havent posted here since I first found out I was pregnant but have been keeping up with the news.

I rang my Dr in panic this morning after 2 days worrying cos I hadnt been feeling much movement, turns out baby is transverse too so I would only be really feeling leg kicks in my side which is were all the movement was anyway. Felt like an eejit with the Doc but dont care cos of the peace of mind! Anyway, babs has obviously moved again cos bouncing of my bladder as we speak:eek:

Would love a bath tonight to see if any ripples, havent noticed movement really of my belly but then there is plenty of blubber there already so would have a lot to get through, ha ha! Hubby away this week and has banned me from baths when he's not there but might just sneak one in!

its gas isn't it most of our little ones are transverse! like you rose im feeling most of the kicks near my hips.
    i know belfast medic had a dream about the 4d scan today and now i really want one!!
    Never thought about seeing ripples in the bath rocky, must try that although my mother has me scared ill fall too!! just keep your phone near you:-)

ill be 25 weeks tomorrow, still not really showig although I've nearly put on a stone since before i got pregnant !

is everyone else showing yet!?
    xx

from early on i have had a bump that i would notice but last weekend i really popped out a lot, people saying it to me now,

• Advertisement

I had a little bump from 4 weeks. That's just because its my 3rd pregnancy I suppose. I started wearing maternity pants in January. Everyone is different. I met a girl at the weekend who is due twins 3 weeks after I am due, she has a tiny bump in comparison to me. Then I met another girl who is due 4 weeks after me (1 baby) and she was huge compared to me. I reckon when these babies move from the transverse position we will POP lol.

We should start the belly gallery like the July thread.

My friend was telling me Aldi have triangular pillows and back support pillows for €9.99. Going to have a look at the weekend. I'm going to root out my own triangular pillow tomorrow. I am very uncomfortable at night time.

Advertisement