Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pushki It is hard when u are apart. My husband works away all week which is crap but what can you do. I work part time and dont know how i will continue when my daughter gets her school hols (I have no one to mind her) and the baby comes. I will worry about that later. Hopefully I get maternity benefit.

I also went to Aldi and bought 3 packs of newborn nappies ( u cant go wrong 24 for 2.29) 2 cellular blankets (but I thought they were a bit flimsy), 3 packs muslin cloths,Tommee Tippee bottle warmer/carrier." packs vests, I did not like the babygros they looked poor quality. Sur I got more but cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

scan went well today thank god everything looked perfect , baby is breech at the moment, couldn't see what it is either, lying the wrong way :-( ah well its still a surprise :-)

i got 2towels, some vests and baby grows in aldi i didn't think the quality of then was too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I got some babygros and vests, think they look perfect.
    Re the washing, I will wash them mostly just so they are fresh smelling. I was told though by a midwife it's nice to do it just to take the factory feel off the clothes. It really doesn't take long, I had all my clothes in the wash and it didn't even fill the drum, and our drum is tiny!!
    Used persil small and mighty and comfort pure, got loads of samples at the baby fair!

im allergic to fabric softner so i don't think ill be using it, can't wait to see the little baby in them, :-)

im allergic to fabric softner so i don't think ill be using it, can't wait to see the little baby in them, :-)

My sister can't use the Comforts except for the pure, she says the rest bring her out in a rash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

SSFG wrote: »
    My sister can't use the Comforts except for the pure, she says the rest bring her out in a rash!

This made me laugh. My husband is allergic to Surf. I bought a box of it before our honeymoon because it was on offer. He got a rash on honeymoon. Cost us a fortune with the Doctor and creams. I still have the box of surf lol. I will wash all his socks and boxers if he ever crosses me :D

Glad your scan went well Betsie. Baby has plenty of time to turn. That's what I am telling myself anyway.

Pain in my leg a bit better today, at least I can walk. It must be whatever way the baby was lying.

Going to head off by myself in the next two weeks and get some of the baby stuff and my own stuff for the hospital bag. Dear Lord the thoughts of them maternity sanitary pads :eek: Walking around like John Wayne lol

kinioiri wrote: »
    This made me laugh. My husband is allergic to Surf. I bought a box of it before our honeymoon because it was on offer. He got a rash on honeymoon. Cost us a fortune with the Doctor and creams. I still have the box of surf lol. I will wash all his socks and boxers if he ever crosses me :D

:D
    I can't use Surf lemon!!! Hope your hubby has more sense than to cross you!! ;)

:D
    I can't use Surf lemon!!! Hope your hubby has more sense than to cross you!! ;)

Its there nearly 6 years and I haven't used it yet. He is going well:P

Just looking at the Mothercare website. The have a Maxi Cosi Stroller €139.99 it was €239.99! It is suitable from birth. Its great value.

Also Mama's and Papa's have 505% off a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

Just booked in for a 3D/4D scan in 2 weeks time. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else had a 3D scan yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Is anyone else awake at 3 in the morning??? Aaaaarrrggghhh! So annoying, wide awake!!!
    Got a few bits in Aldi today too!Looks like we were all on to them :) Got two white cellular blankets, two packets of vests and for later on two sets of food storage jars and packet of feeding spoons. I know I'm way ahead of myself on those but they were so cute and only 1.99 each :) I was there this evening and all the small babygros were gone so didn't bother getting bigger ones, the vests kept me happy enough :)
    Tishandy hope you have a fab time in Spain! We were supposed to go in June for ten days but doc said no when we found out it was twins :( Went to England for a few days on the ferry over Easter hols. Ha ha I'd say hols are well and truly out for us now though ;) Anyway enjoy and have a great rest and get that belly tanned :) Mine would be refelcting the sun at this stage!
    Kinioiri so funny about the Surf! That's gas! He must know you still have it there on threat ;)
    Think the comfort pure is the most gentle one and is generally lovely on clothes. I must get washing a few of the wee bits although then I'll really feel like it's happening!
    Right, time to see if I can sleep again! Think I'm even more awake now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Amtices wrote: »
    Pushki It isa hard when u are apart. My husband works away all week which is crap but what can you do. I work part time and dont know how i will continue when my daughter gets her school hols (I have no one to mind her) and the baby comes. I will worry about that later. Hopefully I get maternity benefit.

I also went to Aldi and bought 3 packs of newborn nappies ( u cant go wrong 24 for 2.29) 2 cellular blankets (but I thought they were a bit flimsy), 3 packs muslin cloths,Tommee Tippee bottle warmer/carrier." packs vests, I did not like the babygros they looked poor quality. Sur I got more but cant remember.

Thanks amcites it is really tough that your husband is away all week and you're working too and have a little one! Thanks for the support i am so stressed out as time is pushing on and if im being honest with myself i don't even think get wants to move in with me, its as if he wants to keep the life that he has now and just make appearances.
    I had a whole rant written out there but i decided not to post it.

I really need to speak to someone about the situation because im getting really stressed about it. :-(

I've been getting pains alon
    g the side of bump kind of like a stitch.
    Ha Kinorii i thought i was the only one up
    at night my bab is nocturnal, come 3am every night its like there's a disco in my belly!!
    Betsie delighted your scan went well:-)

I got so upset this morning feel like im doing this all alone , dunno if its hormones but cried again for one hr solid.
    Decided to ring smaratins who reassured me i was not losing it and were very supportive. Then i rang for an appointment with a counsellor for next week. I feel bit relived that i have started to seek help otherwise i dot know what would happen..
    hope everyone has a happy day :-)

Just booked in for a 3D/4D scan in 2 weeks time. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else had a 3D scan yet?

hi Allison i had enquired about them alright they seem pretty expensive but i just might wait til my 30 week scan to see baby again although im still in two minds about it, having the 3d scan to look forward to might be a little treat for me and baby . :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Pushki, I am not with the father of my child, we were in a relationship but had split up, but always remained in contact, then we had a one night together because we were missing each other and that is when our darling was conceived, he took the news really badly at first and it is only in past two months he has come around to the idea, he likes to do his own thing too and that is mainly work, thankfully he is not a party animal or goes out alot, he just doesnt like to share his time!!!!! Anyway, I have moved home with my parents and they are very supportive, now he isnt the worst in the world but what really annoys me is I wish he would ask me more often how the baby and I are doing, I think its his ways I just dont know, im fed up trying to work it out, The hospital I am attending have a pregnancy counsellor and I went to see her once, she said it is quite common for men to not have that bond we have during pregnancy but hopefully it will change when the baby arrives, I remain positive but I have my moments too where I wish I had more support from him emotionally, Emotions are something he was never good at showing, its such a shame, I feel for you I really do, focus on the baby and it will work itself out, you are doing the right thing going to see a counsellor. x

Hi Alison, yes i had one 2 weeks ago, its amazing, the detail is brilliant. Iv posted previously about it. I have some great photos of my little man and the dvd is brill too. enjoy.:)

Rose35 wrote: »
    Hi Pushki, I am not with the father of my child, we were in a relationship but had split up, but always remained in contact, then we had a one night together because we were missing each other and that is when our darling was conceived, he took the news really badly at first and it is only in past two months he has come around to the idea, he likes to do his own thing too and that is mainly work, thankfully he is not a party animal or goes out alot, he just doesnt like to share his time!!!!! Anyway, I have moved home with my parents and they are very supportive, now he isnt the worst in the world but what really annoys me is I wish he would ask me more often how the baby and I are doing, I think its his ways I just dont know, im fed up trying to work it out, The hospital I am attending have a pregnancy counsellor and I went to see her once, she said it is quite common for men to not have that bond we have during pregnancy but hopefully it will change when the baby arrives, I remain positive but I have my moments too where I wish I had more support from him emotionally, Emotions are something he was never good at showing, its such a shame, I feel for you I really do, focus on the baby and it will work itself out, you are doing the right thing going to see a counsellor. x

Thanks Rose at the moment we still are together we love each other and we are both delighted about the child but he isn't prepared to move in with me, support me financially or even look after bab when i have to go back too work. He will make a fantastic dad i have no doubt but as you say he's stressing me out at the moment so i need to step back and take care of myself and baby
    thanks xx

pushki wrote: »
    Thanks Rose at the moment we still are together we love each other and we are both delighted about the child but he isn't prepared to move in with me, support me financially or even look after bab when i have to go back too work. He will make a fantastic dad i have no doubt but as you say he's stressing me out at the moment so i need to step back and take care of myself and baby
    thanks xx

I have financial support from him, and I love him dearly too, we now think if we got back together it would look like it was because of the baby and it would be too much pressure, I just dont think men think at all the emotions we go through when we are pregnant, more concerned about how it will affect their lives, I am confident at the back of it all he loves his baby already but Id love to shake him up a bit:), I aint going to shed anymore tears (i hope) Im a sensitive person anyway. take care of yourself

Oh and at the moment he is a party animal nice for him to be heading out when im working nights full time :-( i just hope that parenthood will encourage him to be more responsible.I think ill just have to stay with my parents as ill have solid support from them and will just have to wait and see if he grows up,
    Im sorry everyone to be so negative but hopefully the counselling will help and thanks for everyone support xx

pushki i cant begin to know what you are going through, but i really hope that ye can sort things out, x x x

this is the place to vent we are all here for eachother ok x x x

• Advertisement

I decided to take last night off work because i was so tired and exhausted, slept all through the night dreaming of my baby :-) feel a lot better now.
    Thanks guys for the support
    xx

glad your feeling better today pushki nothing can beat a good nights sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hope you're feeling better pushki. I think you need to have a long hard talk with your boyfriend because he seems to be leaving you in the dark. This may be none of my business but I can relate to where you are now and how you are feeling.
    When I was pregnant with my daughter 8 yrs ago I was engaged and had bought a house with her dad ( you would think I would feel secure) but he started going out too much till all hours and bringing people home for after partys never mind me up in bed being kept awake.

I ended up in hospital at 28 weeks with contractions ( I feel were brought on by stress)They stopped later thank god, and he shouted and roared in the hospital and disappered texting me that he wasnt ready for a baby. We eventually broke up for good when my daughter was two yrs old. I felt he was just with me because we had a daughter together and he showed me no love and was disinterested in our daughter. I didnt want to wake up when i was sixty and say I spent my life with someone because we had a child together, I wanted someone who loved me and understood me. I sold my house and had to leave my full time job because I couldnt afford childcare on my own. I got financial help for a couple of yrs from lone parent allowance and I was fine. Im back working now and I am now married to a lovely guy who is my best friend. My daughter sees her dad every few days . I raised her from two yrs old on my own and I was fine.

You say you and your boyfriend love each other but if he wants you and loves you he needs to face up to his reponsibilities. It took the two of you to make this baby, who does he think he is still going out partying and offering no financial help. What is he giving you exactly , I know you love him but he needs to cop on now and you have to be firm with him, maybe he needs a shock and if you walk away and he does'nt try to get the relationship back then he is not worth it anyway.

It is such a hard descision but you dont have time to wait around for him, he is holding all the cards and the power, you should turn the tables on him!

tishandy wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better pushki. I think you need to have a long hard talk with your boyfriend because he seems to be leaving you in the dark. This may be none of my business but I can relate to where you are now and how you are feeling.
    When I was pregnant with my daughter 8 yrs ago I was engaged and had bought a house with her dad ( you would think I would feel secure) but he started going out too much till all hours and bringing people home for after partys never mind me up in bed being kept awake.

I ended up in hospital at 28 weeks with contractions ( I feel were brought on by stress)They stopped later thank god, and he shouted and roared in the hospital and disappered texting me that he wasnt ready for a baby. We eventually broke up for good when my daughter was two yrs old. I felt he was just with me because we had a daughter together and he showed me no love and was disinterested in our daughter. I didnt want to wake up when i was sixty and say I spent my life with someone because we had a child together, I wanted someone who loved me and understood me. I sold my house and had to leave my full time job because I couldnt afford childcare on my own. I got financial help for a couple of yrs from lone parent allowance and I was fine. Im back working now and I am now married to a lovely guy who is my best friend. My daughter sees her dad every few days . I raised her from two yrs old on my own and I was fine.

You say you and your boyfriend love each other but if he wants you and loves you he needs to face up to his reponsibilities. It took the two of you to make this baby, who does he think he is still going out partying and offering no financial help. What is he giving you exactly , I know you love him but he needs to cop on now and you have to be firm with him, maybe he needs a shock and if you walk away and he does'nt try to get the relationship back then he is not worth it anyway.

It is such a hard descision but you dont have time to wait around for him, he is holding all the cards and the power, you should turn the tables on him!

Yes you are right tishandy he does need to face up to his responsibilities now I'm actually distancing myself from him for a week or two as I need to figure out what to do in the situation.
    He will be finding out if he gets a place in the next week or so so if he does get one, he will take it, I'm not going to stop him from getting an education.
    We will both be going to citizens information together also as when he goes by himself he leaves me out of the picture. I have been talking to CI myself and he thinks the information they are giving is incorrect so by going together we'll find out if he can realistically live with me while going to college.
    He is a very stubborn person and is big into "being the man" if ye know what I mean , that's all well and good but I need support!!
    As you say he is holding all the cards or at least i'm letting him think he is as I still have not moved out of my home and I don't intend to unless he cops on.

He does understand and knows deep down that this partying will have to be cut down when the baby comes along, he wont have the money for starters he says he will be going out once a month but when anyone says it to him that "ah you wont be dong such and such when baby comes along" he gets quite angry and defensive about it.

I am trying not to make any hasty decisions at the moment because I really do love him and really do believe he will make a great dad but I also need to make decisions on what is best for me and the baby.

Just trying to take each day as it comes, wait to see if he gets in to college, see what they say at citizens advice. I will also seek counselling next week on the whole thing.

In the meantime its just work and concentrating on me and babs!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

pushki wrote: »
    I got so upset this morning feel like im doing this all alone , dunno if its hormones but cried again for one hr solid.
    Decided to ring smaratins who reassured me i was not losing it and were very supportive. Then i rang for an appointment with a counsellor for next week. I feel bit relived that i have started to seek help otherwise i dot know what would happen..
    hope everyone has a happy day :-)

Hi Pushki hope you're feeling better and getting through it.

I get days like that where i get major stressed and panic at the thoughts of having a child from a horrible person :(

My situation was a 'friends with benefits' situation so i know i will be doing this
    On my own, but to be honest, i think i'm definately better off without him :o

has anyone done anything about anti natal classes yet?

i booked mine yesterday starting on the 23rd of may for 4 weeks

Had 3D scan today, WOW it was amazing on such a high after it, would really recommend it!

Had 3D scan today, WOW it was amazing on such a high after it, would really recommend it!

amazing just amazing x can see why your on a high x

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Looks pretty cool ;)

Can you get one with detail on it too? Date, clinic etc?

• Advertisement

Looks pretty cool ;)

Can you get one with detail on it too? Date, clinic etc?

Do you mean like your details name, etc?

Advertisement