Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Pushki you did the right thing talking to someone. Sometimes you just need to say things out loud and it seems better.

My husband is a brilliant Dad to the boys, but he didn't bond with either until they were born. I think some men are like that. I don't know maybe it doesn't seem real until the baby comes. My husband asked me what was wrong the other day because I was in a bit of a hormonal mood, I just said to him NEWSFLASH I'm 6 months pregnant lol.

SSFG do you know if you are having a boy or a girl yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

SSFG wrote: »
    Do you mean like your details name, etc?

Yes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

kinioiri wrote: »

SSFG do you know if you are having a boy or a girl yet?

It's a girl ;)

Yes :o

Oh yeah, I just edited that part out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

(The daddy will want the details)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Oh yeah, I just edited that part out :o

The picture is amazing. My sister in law had the 3d scan, she didn't find out the sex but was convinced from the features of her scan picture it was a girl. When I looked at it before you replied I would have guessed a girl! Its amazing. I;m getting tempted to have one of these scans.

(The daddy will want the details)

Yeah, they have the same details as the normal hospital ones or 2D ones, your name, LMP, gestational age etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Thanks kinori , sometimes its easy to forget that the man doesn't get to bond with the baby until he meets her/him.
    SSFG im so glad your scan went so well another little girl for the august thread!! how many weeks are you? i asked at my local scan place and she said about 28-30 weeks is the best for a clear pic. Im still in two minds about having it done...
    I was in lid today getting watermelon( which i read somewhere is good for heartburn) and i came across gro bags for only 5euro!!! i know they're expensive things to bbuy usually and i promised myself id stop buying stuff but 5Euro!! i had to get one its a great size and quality and 100% cotton AND has little penguins on it!!!

little baby is having a party inside of me at the moment, sometimes i think she's half human half octopus!!

pushki wrote: »
    SSFG im so glad your scan went so well another little girl for the august thread!! how many weeks are you? i asked at my local scan place and she said about 28-30 weeks is the best for a clear pic. Im still in two minds about having it done...

28 weeks since Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

hi Allison i had enquired about them alright they seem pretty expensive

My local scan place is only €50 for the 3D scan for repeat customers. Already had gender scan done there. Brilliant value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

half think i might look into getting one done maybe :-) its my birthday next week could be a present to myself.

My local scan place is only €50 for the 3D scan for repeat customers. Already had gender scan done there. Brilliant value.

Wow that's pretty good I got a quote of over 200 euro!!!

Wow that's pretty good I got a quote of over 200 euro!!!

www.scanme.ie is the website. Def recommend them

Mulling would be too far for me any good more reasonable places around limp, cork, Kerry, Clare or galway? My boyfriend told me that 3d scans are just 30 euro in Poland!!!

Mullingar would be too far for me any good more reasonable places around limk, cork, Kerry, Clare or galway? My friend told me that 3d scans are just 30 euro in Poland!!!

that's crazy and we are paying through the roof for them, a friend of mine found out she was pregnant while in Germany and she got 3d scans as normal, no question asked

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

has anyone done anything about anti natal classes yet?

i booked mine yesterday starting on the 23rd of may for 4 weeks

My classes start on 31st may I think for 4 weeks too, they were booked for me by midwife on my booking appt at hospital last feb.

Pushki this is where I got mine done
    http://galwaybabyscans.com/prices/

that was handy, i had to go about booking them myself, i was hoping to be able to do them in my local health centre rang them and they were stopped 6months ago there due to cut backs, i rang a health centre at another town that Im close to and same story so had to go with the ones in the hospital, its a bit of a drive but sure its only for 4weeks

that was handy, i had to go about booking them myself, i was hoping to be able to do them in my local health centre rang them and they were stopped 6months ago there due to cut backs, i rang a health centre at another town that Im close to and same story so had to go with the ones in the hospital, its a bit of a drive but sure its only for 4weeks

How about this Betsie
    http://munsternurseries.com/antenatal-thurles-clonmel-waterford.html

• Advertisement

thanks for that but thurles is just as far away from me if not more then clonmel is, and i am booked into clonmel now so be grand, thanks though x its only for four weeks, oh is using it as an excuse to go to kfc haha x

Mulling would be too far for me any good more reasonable places around limp, cork, Kerry, Clare or galway? My boyfriend told me that 3d scans are just 30 euro in Poland!!!

Wow 30 euro....probably would be cheaper to get a flight alright to Poland than to get a train to Mullingar!! Ha ha :-)

Pushki this is where I got mine done
    http://galwaybabyscans.com/prices/
    Thanks for the link SSFG, the price seems reasonable for what you get in the 3d/4d package. Im heading to galway at the end of the month so id definitely consider it. Would the sonographer be able to tell if something is not right with the baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Thanks for the link SSFG, the price seems reasonable for what you get in the 3d/4d package. Im heading to galway at the end of the month so id definitely consider it. Would the sonographer be able to tell if something is not right with the baby?

Yes pushki, the sonographer will be able to see all the vitals, i had mine done in innervision castlebar, probably too far for you to travel, but yes she was very thorough. Check out their website, innervision.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hello Ladies!
    How is everybody?? Is everyone getting all sorted now??
    Time really is flying isn't it! 26wks already, my god!:)
    I am finally getting a bump, its taking shape at last, so don't just look like I've put on a few lbs anymore :D Although, I am feeling v uncomfortable already. Finding it harder to move around and in bed I am like a whale trying to flip over onto my side!!:D:D

oh thank god Im not the only one who finds moving difficult already, Im dreading the though of what we will be like when we are nearly ready to pop, :-)

Yeah well he checked at the 18 week scan, I wouldn't be sure how much they can check at this stage of pregnancy but he was able to tell us that she has no cleft, and organs looked good and were functioning. He explains alot and answers questions, and if anything is wrong they will send you to hospital to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

oh thank god Im not the only one who finds moving difficult already, Im dreading the though of what we will be like when we are nearly ready to pop, :-)

Nope, you are def not the only one! Jesus you would want to hear the puffs and pants of me trying to get around, up and down off the couch is a struggle!!:D:D
    Oh the joys!!

oh Im the same oh laughs at me when i struggle to get up but he does try and help too, if i want to turn over at night i actually have to wake up and almost sit up fully and struggle onto my side and end up awake for a few minutes each time :-)

• Advertisement

I know the feeling getting out of bed or out of a low chair!! Eekk!
    Im going to talk to a professional tomorrow about the situation with the boyfriend hopefully ill feel better after it.
    Xx

Advertisement