Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

yeah i love my work pushki but i just had enough, i couldn't do it any more,

i really hate being on my own, my dog is great company but oh works half am hour away and one day a week is on the road he could be anywhere and i do be paranoid that something will happen when he is away, and my family are about 70miles away from me,

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Haha I was only thinking about the whole being on your own thing, I wasn't nervous about it til yesterday when my mam made my sister come shopping with me because she was paranoid I'd go into labour :rolleyes: now I'm paranoid!

my mother rang me earlier on and told me that from here to maternity was starting on rte on Sunday night but i wasn't to watch it because i might see something that i don't want to haha, bit late to be worried about things like that i think haha :-)

Yeah no going back for us now betsie!

yeah just a bit alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ha ha:-) i won't even watch anything remotely related to babies and childbirth on the telly i know i would just lose it!! I got faint when they brought out the skeletons pelvis in the ante natal classes!!
    Im just going to go with the 'ignorance is bliss' way of life :-)

when i was younger i used to think that before you go to bed at night you say a prayer to holy god and you wake up the following morning and there was a baby there, if only haha haha :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Never a dull moment eh... Well I spent the night in the maternity unit, how fun. Went to bed last night and was just getting comfy when I got GOD AWFUL pain in my who-ha, like more than pressure..I was sure if I moved my waters were gonna break. Shook the husband awake and at that stage the pains were coming every minute and staying for a minute. Girls I will not lie, I nearly crapped myself, I was sure this was it. He was telling me to ring the hospital, but I said I would stick it out for another wee while, see if it would pass. I knew I had to move of my side, so I just rolled. And then it HIT. Jaysys!! Pain just ripped through I right side from the front of my stomach to near my spine, just shooting forward and back. It came that quick I SHOT outta bed (and oh so elegantly near bursted me toe of the bookcase) grabbed my phone and rang hospital straight away. Midwife told me to get my pink notes and come straight up. Off I went (at 3.15am, pain started at 1.30am) got my brother over to mind my little un. Pain was severe going up the road, and as soon as I sat on the admissions couch to get monitored, the pain went away. Felt like a fecking eejit. Turns out it was my gallstones, I swear last night I would have paid someone to rip the effin gallbladder outta me. Had a scan to make sure baby was ok. AND SHE FLIPPED UPSIDEDOWN. And me just saying to Kin yesterday about having plenty time for baby to go head down (easier said than believed I now know). Pain has not come back since and got discharged at 12.30 today, came home and went to bed. Up now and an early night is for DEF'S on the cards tonight. How many weeks has everyone got left now? Hope ye are all well ladies x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

how long have u left now laura? God i'd say u got a fright.
    What did they give u or what do they do with that??
    Hope ur good today x
    I've just over 6 weeks left

I was 32 weeks yesterday GeeG. Think because I'm near the end now is the reason they kept me in overnight. Didn't need nothing for pain, as it left when I got there and never came back while I was there, told me if pain came back to come straight up. 7wks6days left, and baby is still in the same position. I can feel her punching my right side, and kicking my left side. Remember the swab I had to get done on Monday for the thrush?? Hospital got it, but threw it away as the doctor didn't label it :rollseyes: Ugh, slackness sickens me

When I was getting discharged today the midwife told me that I should feel at least 10 movements every 12 hours.....I was sitting there thinking I get that many every bloody 15 minutes, I swear this little lady NEVER stops. Wonder is that a sign of anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw Laura, thank God I'm not the only one ending up in maternity! I ended up in there on Monday night! Thought the waters were leaking on Monday so rand up to hospital and they said come up. No real pains or anything but they took bloods and urine and usual so treating me for UTI so that labour doesn't start but pelvic bone is seriously painful. Going to see physio on Monday about it, lovely! But of course when you end up in hospital there's nothing wrong with you! Pains ever since I came home but don't want to be rushing back up until I know there is something going on. Pain in the neck!!!
    Oh and doc told me he has me booked in for section on the 9th August!!! Aaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!!!!

9th of august, ya wont find that coming! At least u have date now, its always good to know, stops it been so up in the air!
    At least pain is gone i suppose laura, so do ya have to wait on those results again now??
    I'm back with doc monday, cant make out at the minute what way baby is so cant wait to get back. Also, i think m getting braxton hicks too but feeling them up near ribs as that's where most of baby is so its nearly taking my breathe away!

ladies ye must of gotten a fright, at least everything is ok now though, you must be glad that you finally have a definite date now new look

i spent today cleaning my kitchen washing everything and cleaning out presses, nesting has kicked in i think :-) Im here now trying to think about what ill clean tomorrow haha

Laura you poor thing that must have been awful! At least baby is fine and hopefully your gallbladder won't act up again. I'm almost 36 weeks, time is flying! Even though I've been moaning a lot lately I'm gonna miss being pregnant and feeling all the kicks. Although I am really looking forward to being able to sleep on my front again yay!!

You know what October, that is what I am most looking forward to too. Can't wait to lay on my belly all nite :D

No GeeG as I told them that everything was clearing up 'down there' they never took another swab, or checked anything, which I was secretly delighted with!

Ah new look, it's no fun sitting in those ROASTING places, thought I was gonna melt at half six this morning. That is brill you got your date, you must be so excited now :DD

Up there today there was a woman up having her 9th baby....Just thought I would throw it out there haha

her 9th omg that doesn't happen too often now, fair play but not for me :-)

Im going to miss being pregnant too, i love the little kicks etc, oh just informed me that when he came to bed last night i cuddled into him and the baby kicked him in the arse haha

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hope you feel better Laura. Im 34 weeks this week and this evening i really thought things were happening. I was at a friends house and driving on the way home i was in bits! pulled in 3 times to go to the toilet and twice because i was so uncomfortable. Was very nearly gonna go to the mat. Got home and have been going to the toilet every ten mins :-( think its the pposition of baby hope i can sleep tonight.

god pushki i hope you managed o get some sleep last night,i slept pretty well last night only woke 2times to pee happy with that :-)

must be the heat knocking us out Betsie, i only woke once, it was great :-)
    pushkii, glad everything ok n hope u got good rest last night.
    Anyone else finding it totally surreal that we are at the stage now of looking out for labour signs??? Cos i do :-)

yeah it must be alright, i won't complain though :-)

got a call from my gp 1st thing this morning to in in today instead of tomorrow so i flew in bp perfect 1st time the whole pregnancy, heart beat was perfect too although took ages to find coz baby wouldn't stay still, she just laughed and said no need to ask are you feeling movement haha

• Advertisement

That's good about your BP betsie :)

Yeah GeeG its mad alright! I'm starting to get paranoid about every little twinge now, most of the time its just trapped wind haha. But I'm technically full term a week from tomorrow :eek: scary! Although I can see myself going way overdue, so I'm not holding my breath just yet. Anyone else having awful trouble with their hips? I feel like an auld one!

a week from tomorrow?? Madness!
    Ye i'm aware of every twinge too... And i've 6 wks left!
    Betsie, Thats great bout bp. Are u finished work now? That could be it, you're nice n relaxed!
    Wish baby would move down wee bit, its jammed up under ribs n top of my tummy is rock hard :-( cant bloody move!

oh i feel like a grand mother most of the time, and i most def have a lovely waddle going on too,

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Hope ye are OK after the scares ladies.

36 weeks tomorrow really hope she comes relatively on time, she is right up high under my ribs so she'd want to start thinking about moving now!!

I'm same with movement GP asked if baby was moving and I told her I don't need to count them she literally has me worn out, I'd say I'm black and blue inside!

On a depressing note, got notice of my mat leave dates, they very kindly told me I'm back to work on Jan 18th :rolleyes:

yeah i got my maternity benefit letter today too, i was worried that it wouldnt get approved as im only working in my current job since last august, but it was thank god :)

yeah i got my maternity benefit letter today too, i was worried that it wouldnt get approved as im only working in my current job since last august, but it was thank god :)

No it's based on your earnings from 2010 so once you were working then you'd be grand. When you back to work, nice of them to point it out eh?

back the 28th Jan its so nice of then to let us know haha, ill only be back to work about ten weeks and ill be off again for my wedding haha :-)

girls does anyone suffer from spd??
    I'm wondering is that what these pains in between my legs are! Keep getting darts of pain there n i know i shouldn't but i googled it!

back the 28th Jan its so nice of then to let us know haha, ill only be back to work about ten weeks and ill be off again for my wedding haha :-)

Lucky you, am going to have to start saving if I want to be taking any unpaid leave!

GeeG I get that from time to time. Was getting it worse a while back they offered me a belt in the antenatal class but as far as I know it's only good if you have to be on your feet all day, so I felt it was a waste of time. It can be very sore getting in/out of bed or the car. They say use a pillow between knees at night, and in the car I put the seat up to it's highest level and I find it much easier.
    If it's very bad I'd talk to a midwife or GP. Mine can come and go.

• Advertisement

yeah, i'm back with consultant on monday, might mention it, been getting it on n off for bout a week now and today it got quite bad when i was walking! I also always use pillow in between my knees at night too.
    How is everybody dealing with the heat?? I can not function at all. Went shopping with my mam today, was only in the shops two mins when i wanted to leave! Just so tired and uncomfortable!

Advertisement