Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Morning chicks, The weather is cack, I am sick of watching tv and being stuck inside, dont have the energy for housework. I find if I sit on the couch when I get up thats it for the day.

New look you poor thing sounds like you have been through the wringer along with Laura two of ye must have had some fright. On my first baby I ended up in hospital at 28 weeks contracting, I was such an ejit they were telling me they'd give me the injection for babys lungs I didnt even know what it was. Thankfully they stopped and I went home next day but it was very frightening.

Betsie I bought a dryer a few months ago, best investment ever, I hate during winter (and summer) having wet clothes lying around and having to put on heating to dry them. Think of all the little babygros u can dry quickly.;)
    Rose35 I am having a section on the 20th Aug, I didnt want one but I have been recommended to have it from a bad tear on my first baby. I was upset at first and scared but now I am glad. I know the definate date and I know that its best for me and baby otherwise they wouldnt do it.
    I had a natural birth with first bab and I might as well have had the section I was in such bad shape after. At least the section is a controlled tear and loads people Ive talked to said they were just fine afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

worst nights sleep ever! I was sure at one stage i was in early stages of labour, pains everywhere but not bad ones... I'm being slightly over dramatic, they were jus annoying n kept me awake!
    Ye betsie, i def think a dryer is a good idea for when baby arrives, i think my sister n mam are buying us one as a present!
    In regards to a section, i dont think it would bother me that much to have to have it, i had surgery last year that had same incision as section, right across bikini line and yes for first few days-week it is tough but after that u find ur own way of doing things that doesn't hurt :-) people do tend to tell u all the worst parts of everything. For anyone here that has had a section, i'm not doubting it was tough but i'm just giving my opinion from my experience :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Thanks girls for input re section, feeling better about it, i'm not liking the hospital stay it's supposed to be 4-5 days following a section, i want to come home as soon as, but with it being first baby I probably wouldn't be allowed home to soon anyway. And if one more person says to me I might have a girl because of my swollen ankles sympton(apparantley common when having a girl) I will scream, I am having a boy, i've even seen his little pee shooter on the scan, stop scaring me, I am prepared for my boy, have his name picked and all. People eh!!!!

Wel beat this one rose... Someone said to me, yeah you're definitely having a boy(looks me up and down) and then said, you generally don't put on much weight with girls!! Wel i'm telling ya... I'd say there was steam comin out my ears! :-)

Yeah gee g, where do they get off. I honestly wonder sometimes......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Here Here Gee Gee, What do people honestly expect you to say when they tell you " Youre HUGE" My M.I.L is a terror for this, I stayed in her house last weekend and when I came down for breakfast she said " Your Blooming, I think youve even gotten bigger since yesterday"!:mad:
    She contradicts everything I say, I told her I have to get a growth scan cos the baby is measuring small she said
    MIL" How can the even tell what weight it is by a scan ?,.... No they cant really tell the weight, sure how can it be small look at the size of you "
    ME Well I only put on 1 stone so far and anyway that has nothing to do with size of baby
    MIL No you've put on much more than a stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Hi Ladies,
    Haven't been on in ages was away for a few days break with hubby.

Haven't read back sorry too lazy, but seems to have been some drama, hope ye are all OK now.

Had midwife clinic Tuesday, baby's head is down but not engaged but she's all ready for exit, midwife said it's just a waiting game. 37 weeks today so am full term. I have to get car seat base done this weekend and bags are in the car now. Have to say since hitting 36 weeks I am getting uncomfortable all the time, but no major aches or pains so I won't give out too much.

Re the MIL, good Lord I have given up completely on mine, can't stand the woman, and hubby has also reached the end of the line with her too. Feel so sorry for him, his mother treating him like crap I never even realised how angry hubby was until he had to come home from work yesterday just to have a rant to me about her :eek: don't know what to do or what will happen after baby arrives. Dreading it so much.

SSFG wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    Haven't been on in ages was away for a few days break with hubby.

Haven't read back sorry too lazy, but seems to have been some drama, hope ye are all OK now.

Had midwife clinic Tuesday, baby's head is down but not engaged but she's all ready for exit, midwife said it's just a waiting game. 37 weeks today so am full term. I have to get car seat base done this weekend and bags are in the car now. Have to say since hitting 36 weeks I am getting uncomfortable all the time, but no major aches or pains so I won't give out too much.

Re the MIL, good Lord I have given up completely on mine, can't stand the woman, and hubby has also reached the end of the line with her too. Feel so sorry for him, his mother treating him like crap I never even realised how angry hubby was until he had to come home from work yesterday just to have a rant to me about her :eek: don't know what to do or what will happen after baby arrives. Dreading it so much.

I hear you, same here, getting car seat base fitted over weekend too all going well, sorry to hear bout MIL situation, its a pain having other people to think about when we have enough on ourselves, glad your appt went ok, I really must get off this thread and do some work, iv been dipping in and out all morning, just had enough of work now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hi girls,
    It must be such a pain for ye to be listening to mothers in law. People can say the most insensitive things can't they? Rose ya my Dr said a few weeks ago that i may have to have a section. But she was just jumping the gun a bit and now im on meds that fingers crossed will make it safe to deliver naturally.
    SSFG welcome back :-)
    The weather is dire alright but at least its not too warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ugh I hate how people seem to think just cos you're pregnant that they can comment freely on your figure...gah after months of people giving their usually unwanted opinion on how you look, how you should be feeling, what sex the baby is based on your bump etc I am ready to smack someone!! Sorry rant over, feeling very grumpy and hormonal today and this topic seems to have hit a nerve. I should probably stay away from other people today :P

• Advertisement

don't worry girls... When we're all yummy mummies in a few weeks we can stick it to them :-)
    october put on the kettle, put ur feet up n have a nice cuppa and ignore the outside world :-) they could be safer that way ha ha ha x x
    thank god its wknd, looking forward to spending time with oh. Might go somewhere for the day tomorrow or sunday if i'm fit to. He has been a saint and also has the patience of one and be nice to do something!

Lol October and gee g!! And when we are mummies we can feel free to comment on other pregnant women because we have been there worn the t shirt :-P
    Feeling really lazy today. The Oonly thing i did today was fill four little holes in the wall with polyfilla!! This weather is making me fair lazy. Been resting my back against the ball, i find it great relief. My plans for the evening are to have a bath and jump into bed with a book :-)

pushkii wrote: »
    Lol October and gee g!! And when we are mummies we can feel free to comment on other pregnant women because we have been there worn the t shirt :-P
    Feeling really lazy today. The Oonly thing i did today was fill four little holes in the wall with polyfilla!! This weather is making me fair lazy. Been resting my back against the ball, i find it great relief. My plans for the evening are to have a bath and jump into bed with a book :-)

The weather is actually alright here again today, not sunny but hasn't rained at all! But I'm still lazy :D
    My heartburn is gone beyond a joke the last few days too...crippling! I am only taking my iron tablets every 3 days now cos they kill me with heartburn for two days straight!!!:rolleyes:

What iron tablets are you taking gee g?

cant remember the name right, something like Ferrograve C, that could be totally wrong!! ha ha. But they're the ones with Vitamin C in them and they are killing me. I already had to change from Galfer FA as I couldn't take them with OJ either, it was also killing me! But iron levels are perfect even with only taking them few times a week so I'm not bothered! I am experiencing enough sleepless nights and aches and pains without adding brutal heartburn to the list :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh don't talk to me about heart burn, Im crippled with it too, no matter what i eat or drink Im dying,

went shopping today, disaster Im wrecked after it, my friend lost her dad 2weeks ago and she needed to get out of the house so it was worth it for that,

hope everyone has a lovely weekend x x

Haha thanks guys I've chilled out a bit since earlier :P I agree with you pushkii definitely a night for early to bed I think, looking forward to it now. Hope everyone sleeps well and has a nice weekend :)

Ya gee g im taking ferrograd too but without the vit c. Im also taking losec tablets for the heartburn as it was so bad i couldn't eat anything. Its good your iron levels are staying up though.
    Fair play to you betsie for going shopping with your friend im sure it did her the world of good :-) did you buy anything nice? Had such a relaxing evening watching telly , knitting and a lovely bath. Its nice to have some me time :-)
    Does anyone have any recommendations of a place that sells comfy nursing tops and bras? I was looking at an Irish website called once born .they have a 30% discount at the moment but i don't want to spend too much as i don't know how ill get on with bf?!

i might mention it to the doc next week about the heartburn and see would she prescribe me anything or suggest something, i'm sick of it n waking in the middle of night n reaching for rennie is rotten!!
    Pushkii you should try ebay and have a look for tops, there is maternity shops on it. When i was going on hols back in april Thats where i got maternity jeans, leggings, linen trousers and they were for nothing! All brand new with tags!

Brilliant gee g never thought of ebay! Id be able to get lots of different stuff for the same price. :-)
    you definitely say it to your Dr about the heartburn its so awful to go through esp at this stage. I was downing about 2/3 big bottles of gaviscon before i went on the tablets and now i very rarely need it :-)

• Advertisement

morning ladies, the sun is out today woohoo, have 2 loads of washing out on the line already and another load on, its so nice to be able to get stuff dry :) doesn't take much to make me happy does it haha :)

no to clean the house ugh anyone wanna do that for me??? no ??? :):):)

a bit of sun cam make the world of difference! I love getting clothes hung out in it. Not today here tho, looks like rain!
    As for cleaning the house... I'm waiting for some little fairy to come in n do mine!!

if that fairy arrives Gee G can you send it my way please :)

no cleaning goin on in this house today anyway, i haven't even got dressed yet n have no intentions of doing so any time soon! Am quite happily stretched out on couch watching pure muck on tele. Oh ended up having to work today so i'm bored bored bored!

Pushkii I got nursing bras in marks and spencers. They're really nice soft material, no underwire which makes them comfier but they still have really good support. They'll measure you properly for one too. I think I got two for forty euro. Mamas and papas had 3 for 15 euro on their website last week so you could check that out. The only thing that put me off buying online was that I wasnt too sure of sizes!

For nursing tops I just got some nursing string tops in the mothercare sale and then got a few button down tops in penneys to wear over them. All very cheap!

Didnt have a great night last night, had pains and cramps all night was convinced it was the real thing! But its since eased off. My bump has changed though, I had been carrying quite high but now bump seems quite low...things are on the move! :)

No m and s near me but i might have a look at mamas and papas website 3 for 15 euro you couldn't go wrong!
    Sounds exciting your bump has changed!! Do all babies drop? And when? Cent wait for this baby to get out from under my ribs.
    Feeling a bit nausea but ill be fine once i get up.
    Hope you get your drying done betsie :-) its pretty dull here.

still in my pjs too gee g :-)

are you feeling better this morning October, x keep am eye on the pains though if it comes back x take it easy today x

i have noticed my bump dropping too its great although lots more pressure with it

pushki m and s have a new website and some nice maternity stuff on it too, i got a lovely nursing vest top on it for €13 delighted with it

Yeah feeling a lot more comfortable this morning betsie thanks, I intend to take it very easy, dunno will I even bother getting out of my pjs! The pressure can be very uncomfortable cant it, I keep getting muscle cramps in my groin from the extra weight. Its kind of embarrassing when it happens cos my legs and hip do this weird spasm...happened when I was out shopping the other day, am sure I got a few funny looks!

oh very exciting october :-) if baby has dropped Thats a good sign! My sister thinks i've dropped a lot but if i have this child must be extremely long as i'm still in agony under my ribs too pushkii!
    I hadn't planned on a lazy day but feck it... Nothing else to do! I'm sitting glued to homes under the hammer, its on for the day! I'm so sad! :-)

• Advertisement

yeah there is much more pressure when you drop and i keep getting odd kinda sharp pains down there too feels like stretching

Advertisement