Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

wonder are they the same pains i've been getting last few weeks?? I'm full sure baby is trying to swim its way out or something, hasn't stopped in last few days! Its just go go go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ha ha October id say you could get funny looks alright with those sort of pains . Don't think my little rascal is about to drop any time soonanyway. Actually i feel the bump has stayed the same size for a week or so, better pig out today!!
    Ugh how can online shopping be stressful?! Im just going to bench that idea for the day.
    I love watching those programmes like homes under the hammer and come dine with me. I could happily do that for the day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

suppose they are a good sign :-)

needs to happen at some stage x

it will be so exciting when things start happening in our little group! :-)
    there will be no more lazy days watching homes under the hammer then ha ha.

I know gee g! I can't wait!!! Getting kinda jealous of the July group a lot of them have their little bundles now! I wonder who will be first?!? It won't be me anyway :-P

• Advertisement

i really don't feel like i will last the 5 weeks, just the way i'm feeling and pains and pressure and stuff but that old too just be wishful thinking on my behalf! But i dont think ill be first anyway :-) i was trying to bump up the date list but cant do it on my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Think my bump has dropped as well, hubby said it this morning in Tescos doing the shopping! Definitely feel like I have a lovely waddle going on now, need to pee all the damn time, then it's a tiny wee dribble.
    Have two more stews on now for putting into the freezer for handiness when baby get's here. Am really tired now, feel like I need a nap every afternoon, and I slept until 10am, just couldn't drag myself out of the bed..might as well enjoy that luxury while it lasts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Definitely get all the sleep you can SSFG, we'll need to be well rested for D-day! Looks like all the August mammies are having lovely lazy days today, certainly well deserved :)
    I know, I cant wait til the babies start arriving for the August thread, its soooo exciting! Now that I'm full term I keep thinking I'm about to pop any minute, thats wishful thinking I reckon!

i am planning on doing a few dishes up too ssfg and having freezer full of handy dinners!
    October wouldn't it just be great to go a bit before your date, i would love that rather than going over. But as a first timer i am being v optimistic ha ha. Just had a nice nap on couch and now pushkii i am watching come dine with me! :-)

I'm literally just up from the dinner table and I'm still starving!!

• Advertisement

Had a lovely day with my friend just chatting and eating! Turned out to be a nice sunny day afterall :-) im exhausted now though. Apparently there's going to be a baby boom because of the book forty shades of grey ! Went in to tesco to get it and they were sold out :O lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Glad ye are all relaxing today. Enjoy it while it lasts;) Got the pram and rockatot washed and dried today. It is spotless, I can't believe this will be the 3rd baby to use it!

Lucky girls who have dropped. My baby is still transverse, I am getting seriously worried at this stage. Have GP on Monday, so fingers crossed I am wrong :rolleyes: Between worrying about a section and the thoughts of having to stay in the hospital for a few weeks before my due date freaks me out. I have no family of my own close by just OH's family and they wouldn't be the best to help out.

I am going to ask for something for the heartburn on Monday, I know the feeling reaching for the Rennies in the middle of the night.

Going to have an early night tonight, I will need all my energy for tomorrow OH going away in the morning so it's me and the little men for the day :)

Kiniori are you sure baby is still transverse?
    I thought the same, was 100% convinced baby was lying across me, even felt hiccups on my right side, but the midwife said she is head down and ready to go. I honestly can't tell what part of the baby is where, even when I am told!
    Know the feeling about not having your own family around, I only have MIL and not many friends :( live 50 miles from my dad and family. I was so scared at the thought of a section and being stuck here at home for 6 weeks, might still end up with a section if there was an emergency or anything, touch wood I won't, but I guess its not 100% guaranteed either way.

Think I will hit the hay soon myself, had no nap today was cooking and freezing, and we're heading to Ikea tomorrow.

I am fairly sure SSFG. I am feeling kicks way over my right hand side. No urge for weeing like I had constantly at this stage with the boys. I have a really strange looking bump. Not going to give up hope that baby will turn, fingers crossed. I couldn't cope with my MIL in on top of me for 6 weeks, I would lose it :eek:

Enjoy Ikea tomorrow, would love a spot of shopping. Would drive somewhere tomorrow only I am finding it so uncomfortable and don't think the small men would be too impressed.

I bought a few breast feeding bra's in Mothercare in the sale for my first, they are still perfect. I never bought any breastfeeding tops though. Just used loose ones. They are really expensive. I used to put a little blanket over the baby so no one could see anything. I only breastfed in public a handful of times. I am too self conscious for it. I wish I could and I really admire people who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

God girls everyone sounds like they're on the final countdown! So exciting!
    I had a lovely day today, went into town for a while, had lunch and even put makeup on to go! I nearly forget how to put it on at this stage!!! Wrecked this evening so gonna head to bed soon. Gorgeous day today, would be great if it was like this evey day :)
    Sometimes I feel like my bump has dropped and then the next minute I'll feel one of them in my ribs! Less than four weeks now :)

hey ladies, sounds like ye all had a lovely day today, Im just after being admitted to hospital, have an awful stabbing pain constant from my back all the way around to my bump, they are just keeping me in for tonight hopefully, was on trace and baby is fine no contractions either so don't really know x

aw betsie, Hows things this morn? Is pain gone? Amy idea what it was? Hope ur ok and slept a little Xx

Oh no betsie :-( hope you and baby are ok xx and hope the pain goes soon xx

pain def better this morning, have pulled muscles in my stomach and have a touch of a kidney infection too, they have put me on antibiotics hopefully ill be left home tomorrow anyway x

Sounds very sore betsie, hope you'll be out soon. How did you pull your stomach muscles ?

• Advertisement

sneezing pushki,

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Poor you betsie hope you feel better soon. Who knew sneezing could be so dangerous eh! Hope you're more comfortable now and you get home soon x

jesus betsie, Thats mad! So much pain from a sneeze! Ya poorthing. Wel take advantage of the rest in there :-) hope you're feeling better.
    Wel i have had a lovely day, went out for drive with oh earlier on today, stopped off a few Times on the road at different places we had wanted to go and went for an italian on way home! Am so full now, just home n lying on couch! I'd say ill be asleep in no time :-)

Ah Betsie Hope you are home by now. How did the food go down in Clonmel or did you have any appetite. I will be sending OH out to Lyons's for chips for me.

Gee G your day sounds fab. Took the little men away for the afternoon and had McDonalds on the way home. May as well stock up on the junk food now, I will be having none of it in a few weeks time. Have a family wedding early next year so I have a great incentive to shift the pounds.

Looking forward to From Here to Maternity. It will be interesting to see what CUMH's policy in on babies who are not in the correct position!

kinioiri sounds like u had a lovely day too. What age are ur boys?? I know you've prob said their ages loads of times ere but i've a head like a sieve :-)
    yeah looking forward to from here to maternity as i bloody missed it last week! I'm addicted to one born every minute so i'd say ill be the same with this!!

Betsie, that made me giggle a bit only because I sneezed a few times today, and I swear I thought I pulled something! I'd say it's so jam packed in there I always tense myself when I'm sneezing which is probably the worst thing to do.

Was in Ikea today, lotsa pregnant ladies!! Nesting in full throttle I'd say!
    I'm exhausted though, just after a chinese, and feet and ankles are swollen so himself will be rubbing them in a while...just have to tell him!

The boys are 3 and 4. They are lively little men but very good most of the time :rolleyes: The oldest is starting a camp tomorrow for the week from 10-1, my husband met the girl who is running it today and she said she will take the smaller man for the week too :) I will have 3 hours to myself every morning for the week. Might get my hair done one of the mornings. I wont know what to do with myself.

Would love to have a look in ikea will have to be after the new baby, it's way too far away from me. I will have to have a browse online!

I have a head like a sieve these days too, OH asked me to record the hurling today - oops I forgot. Thankfully his team lost so he will have to make do with the Sunday Game.

kin the food is so bad here its not even funny, got oh to bring in sandwich when he was coming in this evening, bed is also very very uncomfortable can feel everything through the mattress :-(

all going well should be home tomorrow, oh just left for the night and i cried when he was leaving, in so emotional, being in here does that, i see all the women with their babies and i just to cuddle mine now x

sounds like ye all had a nice day today anyway x

Won't be long now Betsie and you will have your baby. I feel for you, it's lonely in there with no baby. I spent 3 nights in the Gynae downstairs at 15 weeks on my first pregnancy. Hopefully you will be home tomorrow, and can have a nice lunch somewhere on the way home. I see the food hasn't improved in 3 years. The mashed potatoes are dreadful really oily ugh the thoughts of it.

• Advertisement

oh they are awful kin, i think they could be instant mash maybe i just couldn't eat it, the carrots were even awful, its not that hard to boil a few carrots like,

Advertisement