Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Oh you poor thing Betsie, hope you get home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

thanks ssfg :-) i hope so too

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Betsie hope you're feeling ok. It's horrible being in hospital especially at this stage so close to the end.
    Hope everyone had a good day. I've a lot of pains here today but think it's just stretching and weight really low down in the bump. Nearly there, nearly there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

jesus girls i feel like this baby is fighting to get out, am all pains, i just feel funny. Plus i feel like if i sneezed hard enough(sorry betsie ha ha x) it will come out! Feel like its right down there!
    Any suggestions?? Haven't got my ball yet to bounce!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Wow gee g, baby must want to come out :-) they have balls (anti burst) in lidl. For 6 euro. When is your next app? I wonder if the head is engaged?
    Kinori ill have my fingers crossed for you that baby has moved from traverse tomorrow!
    New look you seem to be doing great :-) delighted you feel better after such a horrible week xx
    Hope you get home tomorrow betsie if even to avoid that horrible food!:-P
    Im feeling good now myself, have gp app on Tuesday and no complaints really only the skin on my belly is fair itchy.
    A month tonight til my due date :O

• Advertisement

morning ladies, Im being left home woohoo :-) just have to wait for my doc to see me and then Im off, i can't wait to get home to have some real food and a mug of tea and cuddle up on the couch with the dog for the day, its silly but i missed her something awful when i was in here

Aw girls what a night!!! Hardly slept a wink! Was up and down (with great difficulty) out of the bed, terrible pains and discomfort all over the bump, couldn't sleep, running to the loo, heartburn, sweat running off me, aw it was terrible!!! Ended up on a chair and footstool in the sitting room that is actually very comfy and if I have to sleep on it for the next three weeks I will!!! The babies were going mad all night and I actually thought my waters were gonna go a few times, there was that much pressure and sharp movements down there! Fell asleep on the chair and woke up, at some stage and moved to the couch. Eventually woke up at 25 to 10 this morning!!! Dosed for another hour then up in bed and up now for the day but still very uncomfortable. Such a pain, I have a couple of good days and then I'm banjaxed for a couple more. Consultant on Wednesday, 34 full weeks, so see what he says. Finding it really hard now but it's a new week and another week closer to the big event :)

Sorry Betsie, after my rant I didn't even say glad you're getting home! Hope you're feeling ok :)

sounds like you had an awful night of it new look, i hope you are taking it very very easy x

Im still sitting here in the hospital waiting to be seen feel like Im never going to get home :-(

new look wrote: »
    Aw girls what a night!!! Hardly slept a wink! Was up and down (with great difficulty) out of the bed, terrible pains and discomfort all over the bump, couldn't sleep, running to the loo, heartburn, sweat running off me, aw it was terrible!!! Ended up on a chair and footstool in the sitting room that is actually very comfy and if I have to sleep on it for the next three weeks I will!!! The babies were going mad all night and I actually thought my waters were gonna go a few times, there was that much pressure and sharp movements down there! Fell asleep on the chair and woke up, at some stage and moved to the couch. Eventually woke up at 25 to 10 this morning!!! Dosed for another hour then up in bed and up now for the day but still very uncomfortable. Such a pain, I have a couple of good days and then I'm banjaxed for a couple more. Consultant on Wednesday, 34 full weeks, so see what he says. Finding it really hard now but it's a new week and another week closer to the big event :)

I had exactly the same sort of night New look, I too thought waters were going a few times!! Kept running for the loo and as soon as I'd be back in bed felt like it again! Woke about ten times from my dozing to take rennie...YUK YUK YUK in the middle of the night! And also pains everywhere! Eventually got a nice hours sleep at 9 this morning, up since and feel crap again!! I wish you had some way of telling if this is labour coming on or what...how the hell are ya supposed to know??:D
    Betsie I hate the way they tell u so early you are getting out and then ya always seem to be at the bottom of the doctors list for their rounds!! It'd be better if they said nothing and surprised u :) You feeling a lot better?? Apart from the lack of good food, a cup of tea and a cuddle from your other baby??

• Advertisement

October - 3rd August, first baby

SSFG - 3rd August, first baby, a girl

Betsie - 5th August, first baby, a girl

Pushkii - 16th August, first baby, *girl*

Kinioiri - 18th August, third baby

Gee_G- 19th August, first baby!!

tishandy - 20th August c section , second baby *girl*

laura. - 28th August, second baby *girl*

Belfastmedic - 29th August, first baby

I am bumping this up again as I keep forgetting when everyone is due!
    We appear to have lost some names along the way so anyone who isn't there, sorry,add yourself and date!!:) Maybe there is a more updated list later on in thread but didn't have the patience to go through it all!!! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Girls I hear ya all on the weight thing. Every time I see my mam she seems delighted to tell me how MASSIVE my bump is and how MASSIVE the baby is going to be. I'm there like, mam, I still didn't put on any weight, in fact I have lost more. Her: No WAY Laura, you have to have some on. Me: no mam, defo no weight on, I weighed myself last week (got me weighing scales fixed :) )

New Look, you poor critter, Hope you had a better week and don't end up in hospital this week. I was on tenderhooks ALL week just waiting on my pain to come back, was so scared, got a few twinges but nothing major so I stayed at home, but by Jesus I am fair sick of looking at effing salad, no fat diets suck a$$.

Betsie, can't believe you ended up in hospital because you sneezed :o . Sneezing is fecking dangerous. A fella in my hubbys class in college bursted a blood vessel in his eye and has ended up with tunnel vision, this was only about 10 months ago, he has had 2 op's since and still no better :( .

I had a lovely day yesterday, we all went to a local beach and myself and Heidi (daughter) went into the water and was jumping over the tide, was soooo simple but so much fun, we went on then to the most Northern (Northerly, whatever way you say it) point in Ireland, was absolutely beautiful, sun was making a lovely golden pathway in the water and the tide was lapping off the cliffs below, absolutely stunning. I have never appreciated it as much before and I only live about 15mins away from it. Wonder am I getting emotional about scenery lol.

I'm sick of nesting now, so boring and so over it already. had it desperate bad there for about 3 months and got everything I needed to get done, done. It's just the upkeep of it all now is boring me haha. Plus the fact I feel like a 98 year old with arthritis of the hips does not help me want to do anything. If I get up of the couch it take me about 10 mins to straighten myself up, hubby thought it was funny the first time, I'm sure my face told him if he as much as laughed again he'd be sporting a black eye.

Anyway that's my weekly update haha. Hope (I know someone had an appointment today) got on well at Dr. I have mine on Wednesday, when I'm gonna be demanding my section. So Good luck to us all this week

Laura xxx

Thought I would make life a bit easier for myself(even if a little more expensive) by buying my ball online today, save me going anywhere! Number 1: The bloody postage on most of them is same price as the ball!!! Number 2: Paypal just took money off me for an order they mailed me and said they couldn't process!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    Thats it, enough online shopping! I'll take myself off to Lidl or Argos tomorrow!!!
    RANT OVER :-)

on line shopping is always stressful i think :-)

im still sitting here waiting to go :-( Im so emotional now its not even funny

ah for god sake, Thats crazy. Was doc called off for emergency or something?? Do u still have your bed at least?

yeah there has been 2emergency sections today so delayed , still have my bed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ah betsie God love ya, that's awful to be told you can go and then be left sitting around all day, very unfair on you. It will probably only take them a minute to sign off on it anyway!

Am so fed up at this stage. Everything is just such an effort and my hips feel like they're going to give way or something. Would also murder a glass of wine or a cold beer, it's been far too long!

apparently they are on the way down to see me, ill believe it when i see it x

i would murder a glass of ice cold white wine after the few days i have had i nearly would have one x but there is only red at home haha :-)

i hear ya about the wine girls. For some strange reason since v early in pregnancy i've been after champagne(far from it i was reared as my mother would say). I told oh that some eve he'll come home for dinner when junior comes and the table will be full of sushi, all the soft cheese i can buy, loads of smoked salmon, champagne... Yum Yum!
    I've all the pains starting again, i'm beginning to think i'm bruised under my ribs. Baby is kicking constantly and its sore, but i can still also feel it like Waaaay down there too!
    Aw betsie, you've had a long day of it ya poor thing. Just go mad and break out :-) hopefully they get around to u soon x x

Im finally home woohoo :-) i was finally seen ever 6 oh collected me and i went straight to Mc Donalds :-) Im finally home, after having a shower and now sitting on the couch with a big mug of tea and some chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Glad you're home Betsie. Enjoy the tea and chocolate.
    The must have been something in the air lastnight. I couldn't sleep at all. Came down to the couch with my the spare duvet. The baby was going crazy, in and out to the loo all night too. Was convinced baby was on the the move. GP appointment this evening and baby is still transverse :/ Got exercise ball in lidl, can't blow it up though.

I have a longing for Rose wine all this pregnancy. Wouldn't mind but I don't even drink wine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hope everyone is well, nearly there now :D

I'd say i'm the last due on 29th.

Have an appointment in Limerick tomorrow, first time in Limerick so used to having my care in Belfast but Limerick is my home town so back here for awhile.

I got small itchy red bumps on my legs that are driving me crazy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Yay glad you're home Betsie!

Belfast medic, will you be having your baby in Limerick then?

Spent the day cleaning and rearranging the sitting room, it's so weird sitting here it's like a new house!! Bit tired now though, think I'll have my raspberry tea and hit the hay!

New Look - 9th August, c section, second & third babies, 2 for the price of 1!!!

Thought I'd better add mine in now that I have a date :)

Betsie so glad you got home :)
    I am dying for a glass of wine too!!! That probably sounds so bad :P
    God I could have been up chatting to ye all last night by the sounds of things! I seriously hope tonight goes better! If it doesn't, I'll be logged in on this!!! All moral support welcome at 3.30 in the morning :)
    My feet and hands are massive this evening and have been all day. Hope lying in bed brings them down a wee bit.
    Was watching a programme on BBC2 earlier about women taking their babies to work in a new pilot scheme in London. No way could I do it! Poor them, they were trying to answer calls in a call centre and they had crying teething babies on their knees!!! No way man!!!
    Hope ye sleep tonight girls x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hi girlies hope everyone had a good night sleep :-)
    I keep waking up with silly little nightmares. Think my mind is on overdrive.
    Kin, im sorry to hear bab is still traverse but there is still time for them to move !?
    Delighted you are home betsie hope you are feeling better. :-)
    New look you must be getting pretty impatient now to see the babies, hope you are taking it easy.
    I got a bit of my nesting done yesterday and hopefully again today. Have gp app today too.
    Is it just me or Is everyone else feeling exhausted these days!?

morning ladies, how are we all this morning, i slept great last night woke twice to pee is all and went straight back to sleep it was great,nothing like your own bed i guess :):) im a bit stiff this morning but i would say its just that i was sitting down so much in hospital :)

cant wait to do a bit of cleaning today, i wont do too much but i have to do something :)

pushkii i get odd dreams too, all about having the baby or going into labour somewhere odd or stuff like that

also there was a september baby born :eek:

Yeah I seen that yesterday Betsie, Imagine! The little pet was nice and early!
    So, I have figured it out, if any of ye(which I know ye all have) been struggling with a good nights sleep and if u were like me and refused and stock up on more pillows and practically sit up in bed....OMG DO IT!! I added few pillows last night and I don't know myself this morn. I didn't wake once with heartburn(it obviously took pressure off my tummy a bit) no pain under my ribs and no general uncomfortable feeling(was mayb tilting baby down a bit taking pressure off I dunno!! AND AND...I only woke twice to go to loo!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

new look wrote: »

New Look - 9th August, c section, second & third babies, 2 for the price of 1!!!

Thought I'd better add mine in now that I have a date :)

Rose35 - 9th August, first baby *boy*

Advertisement