Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

I v added myself to list. don't think I did it properly though, sorry.
    Anyway had appt yesterday and dont need a section. placenta is higher than was at 28 weeks, so natural birth and my babs is weighing in at 6ibs 9oz to date!! ouch!!!
    He is well down in the pelvis and ready soon to make an appearance.

Hope you feeling better betsie, imagine a sneeze and all that pain, wow!!1
    We are so fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Rose35 wrote: »
    I v added myself to list. don't think I did it properly though, sorry.
    Anyway had appt yesterday and dont need a section. placenta is higher than was at 28 weeks, so natural birth and my babs is weighing in at 6ibs 9oz to date!! ouch!!!
    He is well down in the pelvis and ready soon to make an appearance.

Hope you feeling better betsie, imagine a sneeze and all that pain, wow!!1
    We are so fragile.

Ah brilliant Rose! I'd say you are delighted about that! Great news!:D

October - 3rd August, first baby

SSFG - 3rd August, first baby, a girl

Betsie - 5th August, first baby, a girl

Rose35 - 9th August, first baby, *boy*

New Look - 9th August, c section, second & third babies, 2 for the price of 1!!!

Pushkii - 16th August, first baby, *girl*

Kinioiri - 18th August, third baby

Gee_G- 19th August, first baby!!

tishandy - 20th August c section , second baby *girl*

laura. - 28th August, second baby *girl*

Belfastmedic - 29th August, first baby

Thought I'd better add mine in now that I have a date

Iv updated list correctly now I think!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Oh wow rose!! That's fab news re the section :-) he's a fine weight too!! Never know he might run out of room and come early!!!
    Sounds like you had a great night sleep new look you deserve it! Never know we might have 3 babs on the 9th!!!
    Ya betsie the dreams are so strange im not liking them at all :-( waking up with night sweats:-(:-(
    I can't believe a Sept baby is already born:O hope mum and little bab are doing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Thats funny I've been having strange dreams too! Had an appointment with the midwives today, baby's head is engaged and she said it looks like I could go anytime now but not to get too excited just yet cos its my first and may go over. So I'm back to the medical team in the hospital in 2 weeks time, will be strange being in the hospital as I've been attending the community midwives all along. She said they'll examine me and probably offer me a sweep. Fingers crossed that will get things going!

Also, I know I keep moaning about it but jaaaaysus the humidity is killing me again, feckin pregnancy sweats!!

Wow Oct! Head engaged!!! You may not even make it to the app in two weeks :O was just at my gp there baby is head down but not too far down. Ill be waiting til Sept id say! Ya its fair warm today. I hope weather gets a bit better , i want to visit the beach before bab arrives.
    Im mad to go swimming in a swimming pool but my mother is putting me off it sayin i could pick up anything or fall Eek!! Not worth the risk methinks.
    Mmm the hormones must have something to do with the strange dreams!

Having real strong what I hope are braxton hicks contractions for past 4 hrs!!! oh god they can be bloody painful.

Glad your appt went well pushki.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

You never know Rose, you could be making shapes at something if they're going on a bit and are painful!!! Are they regular?
    Slept well last night too girls, such a relief! I'm nearly dreading going to bed at this stage coz I know I will be in pain and have heartburn and sleeplessness and all the rest of it!!!
    Betsie glad to be home I'd say :)
    Pushki I'm having weird dreams too! Although I dreamt the other night I had two girls so now that's all that's in my mind!!! Dying to know!!!
    Feet and ankles and hands are so massive again today! I feel like I have the feet up all the time, even had them higher than me in the bed last night but no good. They're really sore too with all the swelling. I so can't wait to have my body back!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Gee_G wrote: »
    Yeah I seen that yesterday Betsie, Imagine! The little pet was nice and early!
    So, I have figured it out, if any of ye(which I know ye all have) been struggling with a good nights sleep and if u were like me and refused and stock up on more pillows and practically sit up in bed....OMG DO IT!! I added few pillows last night and I don't know myself this morn. I didn't wake once with heartburn(it obviously took pressure off my tummy a bit) no pain under my ribs and no general uncomfortable feeling(was mayb tilting baby down a bit taking pressure off I dunno!! AND AND...I only woke twice to go to loo!!:D:D:D

go away im so going to try that tonight will have to go rob pillows off other beds :)

Rose that is brilliant news about the birth delighted for you :) are you timing the BH?? keep an eye on them and if they get worse just ring the hospital just to be sure.

october that is brilliant news about head being engaged, bet you would love to go soon wouldnt you :) just like us all :)

new look im delighted to be home i know im ment to be taking it easy but i am finding it very hard to sit still im mad doing washing and cleaning the kitchen, oops :):)

• Advertisement

Pushkii I'd be delighted if I went before then, I'm so ready now! Also you should try the swimming, I've been going 2-3 times a week since I was about 4 months and I have to say its great for relaxing your muscles and taking the weight off. It also helps you feel like less of a blob sitting around all day when its hard to walk or do any other physical activity ha. You could always bring someone with you if you were afraid of falling!

I think the "braxton hicks" are passing now, they were pretty regular a bit too regular like every minute and lasting only bout 10 secs. and then they started to slow down, now they are every 10 mins and only lasting bout 10 secs, i dont think its the real thing, but will keep an eye on them, im still at work aswell!!! they are pretty painful but high up like near top of bump and around middle, so im so unsure.

go away im so going to try that tonight will have to go rob pillows off other beds :)

Rose that is brilliant news about the birth delighted for you :) are you timing the BH?? keep an eye on them and if they get worse just ring the hospital just to be sure.

october that is brilliant news about head being engaged, bet you would love to go soon wouldnt you :) just like us all :)

new look im delighted to be home i know im ment to be taking it easy but i am finding it very hard to sit still im mad doing washing and cleaning the kitchen, oops :):)

I'm telling ya Betsie, I slept like a log! And I feel fantastic for it today! Thats one of very few nights I haven't had to turn over and take something for my heartburn :D
    Rose35 wrote: »
    I think the "braxton hicks" are passing now, they were pretty regular a bit too regular like every minute and lasting only bout 10 secs. and then they started to slow down, now they are every 10 mins and only lasting bout 10 secs, i dont think its the real thing, but will keep an eye on them, im still at work aswell!!! they are pretty painful but high up like near top of bump and around middle, so im so unsure.

Try walking around a bit Rose, I think if they are BH's they are meant to ease off if you move around a bit but real contractions won't ease!(I think..correct me if I'm wrong girlies!):)

Got my self a dishwasher today...Wel, OH bought me a dishwasher today! Cant wait to get it home from the shop now...like a child with a new toy! Quite sad I know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Rose, be careful, BH should go away if you change or move position, and you shouldn't get more than 4 an hour.

rose i would really be taking it easy now if i were you, sounds like you were getting way too many BH today,

enjoy the dishwasher Gee G they are the best invention ever, im in love with mine :)

i had to stop going swimming coz i was finding it too hard to get in and out of the pool, and its a pity coz i really enjoyed it :(

Gosh rose i hope you are taking it easy xx October i think ill just make do with the bath. I went for a shower this evening and it was fair dodge could hardly reach down to my feet and getting out is another story!
    Got a lot done today between apps phone calls etc so im absolutely wrecked.
    Ive actually noticed that brown bread like mc cambridges gives me the most awful heartburn if that is any help to ye ladies :-)

No joy with the online nursing bra/ top online shopping might see if mothercare. have anything in the sales. Do h&m or next do nursing clothes?
    Well wear on the dishwasher gee g you won't know yourself :-)

pushkii wrote: »
    Gosh rose i hope you are taking it easy xx October i think ill just make do with the bath. I went for a shower this evening and it was fair dodge could hardly reach down to my feet and getting out is another story!
    Got a lot done today between apps phone calls etc so im absolutely wrecked.
    Ive actually noticed that brown bread like mc cambridges gives me the most awful heartburn if that is any help to ye ladies :-)

No joy with the online nursing bra/ top online shopping might see if mothercare. have anything in the sales. Do h&m or next do nursing clothes?
    Well wear on the dishwasher gee g you won't know yourself :-)

I know well...jesus it'll be great! Maybe next weeks purchase is my dryer and thats all then for a while :D I told OH i'll be a domestic goddess with all these new appliances :D:D (he wishes!)
    Regarding the heartburn, I find tomatoes are a curse too! And I love them! Bit mad about brown bread though and there's not a whole lot in those breads, they're even yeast free, god knows!! I just think EVERYTHING is gonna give us heartburn for next few weeks, babs putting more pressure on tummy!!:rolleyes:
    Ordered my ball online today, the one in Lidl was 65cm one, for my height I need 75cm one! Was looking at them in the shop wth my sister today, a woman came over to look too so I stood back to let her. SHe insisted on talking to us about the balls (how great they were for exercising blah blah)anyway and asked were we on a new regime, I started to laugh ( considering I look like I already had one of the balls up my top:D) and told her I was having a baby. She asked was it my first and when I said ye, she made a face like all the painful memories were coming back to her and then with a real pitiful look on her face, said " joyful experience" and walked off!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! Myself and my sister couldn't get out of shop quick enough, I nearly wet myself laughing on way out! Like seriously, who says that to a complete stranger...if you've nothing useful to say then shut up!!:rolleyes:
    PS: Sorry about the rant!!!

some people just dont be with it it think gee g,

bran flakes give me awful heart burn, but i do agree with you Gee G everything is going to give us heartburn at this stage :) i cant even eat as much any more, just no room :)

im praying for that dryer too, really hope it comes soon :)

You were right to order the bigger ball gee g . I find the lil one a little small. Im 5ft4.
    And that woman!! Some people are so insensitive like my gp asked was i scared of the whole labour and birth .. Like what was she expecting me to say "oh i can't wait!"
    Eek!! I know now im going to have nightmares tonight :-(

you will be ok pushki, have you anyone else going in with you when your in labour ?

• Advertisement

try not to stress pushkii, sleep is hard enough got these days without stress. :-)
    One more good nights sleep n ill be like a new woman! Hope it wasn't just coincidence with the pillows last night n it works again :-)
    betsie maybe when u bring baby home from hospital you might have a dryer :-)

Well my mum if she can get off work. Otherwise ill be doing it on my own but i don't mind that really

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Spoke to a retired midwife today she really put my mind at ease about the position of the baby. She said they are not concerned until 37 -38 weeks, the baby has plenty of time to move. She also gave me her mobile and home number and told me to ring her day or night. I feel so much better today :) Going to book a spa day for Saturday week, it might help me relax. I have a voucher from Christmas and they do a Mother to be package. Doubt I will have much time for manicures and massages when I have 3 kids, I will be lucky to have time to brush my hair lol.

Going to try the pillows tonight, I had a really bad few night's sleep, so uncomfortable and terrified I will hurt the baby. The lady this morning told me I can't hurt the baby, it has plenty of padding in there and it will move anyway if it's not comfie aww. If it's not worrying its the heartburn, or in and out weeing. On the bright side my due date is a calender month tomorrow Yipee

Kin that is great she put your mind at rest and being a retired midwife she would have better experience than any Dr! How kind of her to give you her no. Too :-) you should definitely book that spa treatment you totally deserve it. Might even look into having a facial or something myself :-)
    just ate a load of fruit baby is going bonkers inside me :-)

Aww kin that spa break sounds lovely, enjoy its well deserved! I'm the same with the heartburn, I find anything wholegrain really aggrevates it, which is really annoying cos if i.cut out the wholegrains then the constipation from the iron tablets gets worse! Sigh. You just cant win!
    So, has everyone decided on names yet? We had one boy and one girl name picked out and were set on them for ages, but now I'm starting to change my mind! OH is gonna kill me, took ages to find names we could agree on!

Yes your right Oct anything wholegrain is not good :-( are you dead set on the new name? You never know your oh may love it :-) ive a name chosen for months now and i haven't told anyone what it is :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi SSFG, the plan was to have him here in Limerick. However with himself finding out where i live etc i'm not sure, but need to decide fast :(

Belfast medic you can ask the hospital to prevent "certain people" from visiting you and ask them at reception to not give out any information.

Gee_G wrote: »
    try not to stress pushkii, sleep is hard enough got these days without stress. :-)
    One more good nights sleep n ill be like a new woman! Hope it wasn't just coincidence with the pillows last night n it works again :-)
    betsie maybe when u bring baby home from hospital you might have a dryer :-)
    Lol i misread that and i thought you said betsie could bring baby home in the drier!! :-D

• Advertisement

one step forward, two steps backward. Had great night last night n tonight sitting up drinkin Pint of milk watching tele cos was nearly getting sick in bed with heartburn. I really have had enough girls. I'm done.

Advertisement