Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

yeah taking it easy today in leggings and a giant t shirt on the couch, been doing small bits like some washing and stuff but nothing major x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ye, same as. My biggest task today was pairing socks n putting on washing. Exciting day ha ha.

i think we should make the most of days like this while we can :-)

yeah true but its not easy trying to stay lying down. My oh spent the whole day cleaning! Fair play to him. He is literally at it since he got up. Only a few things left to do on my list so feeling better bout things today.
    Did u decide on ur chinese?? :-)
    I'm gonna try and have a bbq over the weekend, weather permitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ooo you've put the idea of a BBQ in my head...haven't had one yet this summer and its not summer without a BBQ :) I'll try swing the whole pregnancy craving thing so that someone will clean the BBQ for me! :p

• Advertisement

yeah just finished my Chinese i couldn't resist it :-)

hope it was nice betsie.
    Ye, we are aiming for tomorrow eve for bbq october. Anytime we have planned one and invited people over it ended up raining and we had whole pile of oven cooked food... Indoor bbq :-)
    hope everyone has a nice weekend n great nights sleep! Xx

Chinese was lovely :-) heat burn no better or worse after, I am getting loads of braxton hicks though.

oh came home from work "dying" with a cold, why do they have to complain so much with a little cold

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Lol man flu betsie! Glad to hear you and gee g are taking it easy esp for ye're bp! Kinori im so jealous you live so near the beach!! Weather is looking good for a bbq. Fingers crossed :-) im feeling a little better made non alcoholic strawberry mohitos :-) baby loved them! I am so tired though now really not able for much only sleep :-) hope everyone sleeps well xx

they sound yum pushki how do you make them?

man flu is right, you would swear he was dying, i was told not to go into labour tonight coz he wouldn't be able for it :-)

• Advertisement

Haha I love that betsie, i've been told not to go into labour anytime over the next 2 weeks cos oh is on his own in work for the next fortnight :P

haha don't you just love the demands haha if only we could really decide when it happened

well Im wide awake now its 5am so no going back asleep for me :-(

did u get back to sleep betsie??
    I thought when i seen it was u that left the last post at that time that there might have been some movement :-) Wel i was also awake a few times during the night with heartburn, those iron tablets just aint worth it! As bad as rennies are in middle of the night... Gaviscon is sick!!

Ugh I know, the gaviscon is so much worse isn't it. Can't wait to dump all my rennie and gaviscon once baby is here.
    Looks like its shaping up to be a nice day where I am, hope its the same for everyone else, few trips to the beach and BBQs are much needed for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

God girls feel so sorry for those of you that aren't sleeping. I had GP yesterday and she sent me to hospital for a trace because baby hadn't been active on Thursday. It was all grand, I knew myself it was fine, but I went in anyway just to be on the safe side. Got home and hubby sent me to bed...I slept for over 2 hours! :eek: Bless him he went and got dinner etc while I was asleep. Thought I'd never sleep last night but I did, and didn't get up until 10am. Hopefully it's my body storing up on rest.
    38 weeks yesterday, would so love to go early but she seems really comfy in there...
    Will do some more food for freezing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw girls I feel like such a moan!!! Pains everywhere!!!! Was doing great, saw doc on Wed and was all positive about only 3 weeks to go, went to scan on Thur and all good and hit the wall on Thur night...."I can't do this anymore!!!" Tears!!!
    Scan went great on Thursday. Hard to see them but she got a few measurements and looks like their weights are 4lb12 and 5lb6! And that's only babies! I would be happy to go now anytime. My feet and ankles and hands are massive and really killing me and my knees are buckling under me all the time. So painful to walk or move. I'll be on a mission on Wed back to the consultant saying I can do no more and my body can't take any more! I'll be 35 weeks and would be more than happy for them to be delivered. I'm in shock that they've even stayed in this long! I never thought I'd last til now, I thought they would take it upon themselves to get out before now!
    A friend of mine called up last night and I spilled a cup of tea on my lap and she suggested taking me to the hospital and trying to pass the tea for my waters breaking, ha ha , really funny :) I somehow don't think I would have ended up in theatre!
    Sounds like we're all at the ends of our tethers now with pregnancy. I'm so ready to be on the other side now.
    We'll all be flat out BBQing or treating to take aways by the sounds of things this evening. Last chance to eat like a horse and not feel guilty :P Love it! If only the heartburn didn't come after it :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Girls, just popping in from the July thread. Re: High Bp if the bottom figure is anyway close to or over 90 get yourself checked out ASAP. I developed it at 36/37 weeks and am on meds for it. Now the meds do make me very sleepy and makes the baby drowsy too, so as a side effect I ended up in hops. For traces and observation this week. But by going on the meds my bp is down to 111/76 which means I'm allowed go myself ( unless I go over) and I won't have an early and possibly long and painful induction. I also didn't realise how ill I felt until I got the meds, so keep an eye on your BP. :)

my bottom number since the other day is 80, but back with consultant on monday and bringing a bag packed in the car just incase as the week before when i was in the hospital it was 148/95 and i doubt this late on they will let me home again if it soars! I am taking it extremely easy and hoping i can stop myself worrying n stressing bout it for goin in monday!! Wishful thinking i know :-) thanks for popping in :-)

Thats what I was like, I always had an overnight bag with me just in case. Mine was 140/100 and thats when they put me on the meds, I also had to attend a BP clinic(Go in for about 4 hours and get your BP taken every 30 mins) to make sure the meds were working.
    Also make sure if you need a large cuff that they're using one, there's less of issue if they're using the proper cuff. I'm on 250mg Aldomet 3 times a day, makes me quite sleepy but I'm feeling a lot better since I got it. Watch out for headaches, if you get one and it doesn't lift 1 hour after taking one paracetamol give the hosp a ring, also if you have some bad upper stomach pain.
    Oh and if you do end up going on meds they might forget to tell you you need to take them evenly spaced apart during the day, as in say 8am, 2pm and 12am.

i was told about the headaches and any sudden swelling but never heard anything about the pain in upper stomach, what is that about??

• Advertisement

I'm not too sure, they did keep asking me, I think it's a liver or gall bladder thing? It's another sign of Pre-eclampsia, as far as I know.
    Oh I had the swelling too, although it was on one of the warmest days of the year! :D

well Thats good to know, i wouldn't have passed any remarks on pains up there if i got them, thanks!
    Have you long left now?? I've 4 weeks left. Best of luck with it all!thanks again :-)

newlook, i feel exactly the same. I'm done! I've had enough now!
    Not sleeping, heartburn, aches and pains, not being able to move without it exhausting me! I can only imagine how u feel with two taking it out of u Xx

4 more days, but I'm sure I'll go over! :D No bothers, if anyone has any BP questions just PM me, I've been heavily schooled in the subject for the last 2 weeks...:D

Thanks ginny for the advice its away good to know these things, as it happens i was just coming on to say that the top of my bump is very sore today :-( ill keep an eye on it though. SSFG it must have been scary that they wanted a trace but great babs is doing well. New look you poor thing you must be at the end of your tether not long now hopefully. The babies are a great size :-)

i am going to get sick with god dam bloody heartburn!! Its horrendous!:-(

Oh no gee g :-( you poor thing. Have you tried ice cream?

v funny u should ask, i just googled it a while ago an seen icecream listed so oh just brought some home :-)

Lol you've a keeper there ;-) ice cream solves everything :-D

Thats for sure, he has just been a saint and as i have said before, also has the patience of one listening to me whining 24/7 ha ha. Ye seems to have calmed it down anyway. I'm no taking them bloody iron tablets anymore!!
    You getting to beach this weekend??

• Advertisement

I don't think so:-( i might go on a weekday couldn't handle crowds or traffic at the weekend. Although we did have a bbq which was nice also a bit of sunshine cheered me up! Isn't it desperate the way the iron tabs do that to you?! Has your baby dropped yet?

Advertisement