Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

no pushki not everyone will feel the, some of the braxton hicks can be more uncomfortable then painful id say,

gee g they live about 60miles away from me

hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, will be thinking of you x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

ah it was nice to spend the day so with them before baby comes.
    No, not nervous pushkii. I am going in thinking that my bp is high and that i will prob be kept in until it comes down cos if i go in trying to keep bp down by keeping calm i will end up doing total opposite and have myself in a flap ha ha. So just have a little bag with a few essentials so wont be flustered if i am kept... Check me out being so grown up and organised ha ha! Doesn't happen too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hi everyone hope you all had a lovely weekend. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow gee G, I'll be thinking of you!
    Did anyone else see the movie junior earlier? Arnold schwarzenegger as a pregnant man...kinda freaked me out!
    Exhausted this evening, looking forward to from here to maternity now. Hope everyone is well xxx

well your better off gee g having stuff with you just in case, fingers crossed your bp won't be too high, x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ha ha that's a funny film alright. Oct. Did you do anything nice?
    Best of luck to kin and gee g tomorrow xx

• Advertisement

Yeah had a BBQ yesterday and went to the pub last night with the family, I was drinking cidona all night and it sent baby craaaaazy! Thought it was going to punch its way out! Tired now today thought cos it was a late night. Did you get up to much yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Bawling my eyes out even before the babies come out!

I'm the exact same, in bits sitting here!

just going watching it now have the tissues ready

So happy for that couple who finally had their baby, can't imagine how difficult it must have been losing 5 babies :(

• Advertisement

i think she was very brave to try again, i really don't think i could do it again after all that heart ache x

just watched it there now. Delighted for that couple, i'd say they never thought they'd see the day.
    And as for the twins, two girls. you'd have your hands full with two girls Newlook :-)

So brave, I'd say theres only so much you can take x

Gee_G wrote: »
    just watched it there now. Delighted for that couple, i'd say they never thought they'd see the day.
    And as for the twins, two girls. you'd have your hands full with two girls Newlook :-)

i was thinking of new look alright watching the twins :-)

i love nothing more then getting into a fresh changed bed and clean jammies after a nice shower :-) and its a horrible kind of stormy night here which also makes it nicer listening to that outside :-)
    goodnight ladies and hope everyone gets a good nights sleep! Best of luck to all with app's tomor!Xx

oh there is nothing like it geeg sure there isn't :-) sleep well everyone x x x

I woke up at 5;30am this morning and got an unbelievable urge to do some nesting!! cleaned out some of my wardrobe and filled a chest of drawers with babies stuff. im going to finish packing my hospital bags today and hopefully do a bit of cleaning.
    Having a smoothie now :)

oh id love a smoothie now pushkii :) i broke my smoothie maker a few weeks ago, heart broken so i was :)

have an awful crick in my neck this morning must of slept arse ways :( think im after getting oh cold too im all blocked up too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi all, good luck with the appointments today and anyone that have any this week, had braxton hicks again last night, woke up thinking am I going into labour, as much as I want to Im still scared at the same time.

Where is the nice weather, its like a winters day here in the west!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know rose i feel the same way, i want the baby to come soon, but i am terrified at the same time x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi ladies hope ye are all well :D

35 weeks on wednesday! Definately finding it hard to sleep too.

Counting down the days :)

I know Rose the weather is brutal although its perfect for cleaning! Ah a crick in the neck is the worst thing ever betsie is it better now?
    I was exhausted after my feeble nesting attempt so went for a nap afterwards :D I feel the baby is really high up and the top of my bump is really sore from all the kicking, I think i'll have to do a bit of bouncing on the ball to try get her down.
    How are you feeling Belfast Medic? did you sort out the hospital situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw girls I only got to watch From Here to Maternity there now on Sky Plus. Bawled my eyes out!!!! Oh my God the twins!!!! Serious reality hit!!! I was a blubbering mess, not from fear or worrying about the section but purely from a "that's gonna be me really really soon"!!!
    Yea weather is awful here too. The rain is really annoying me, not that I'm able to go out and do anything but even just looking out the window is so depressing!
    Hope all the apps go ok today. God we're nearly there girls!!! Roll on Wednesday when I can hopefully persuade doc to keep me and deliver these two. I can hardly walk and even when I'm sitting or lying and I try to move, the pain is unreal. I'm totally done now and they're great sizes. I really hoping he will agree which I think he might, although I don't wanna get my hopes up in case he tries for another week. I'll be 35 on Wed and they're full term at 37 so fingers crossed :)

New look that would be great if they kept you in on Wednesday, I'd say you're at your wits end at this stage ya poor thing!
    Weather is fab here in Dublin, even sat out in my bikini for a bit but too hot now. Just ate a tonne of pineapple in the hope of kick starting labour...all it will probably do is give me the sh*ts ha!
    Also I fully agree with the whole wanting to go now but being absolutely terrified and not feeling ready at the same time. I change my mind from minute to minute, so up and down!

good afternoon ladies... Wel me and my bag are home from my hospital app!:-) my bp came down a good bit, down to 138/78, which they seemed to be well happy with. Was so relieved to get it down. Still leucocytes(??) showing up in urine, again, think it can be sign of kidney infection but they don't seem to be in any way bothered about it! Doc measured the baby, said tis quite big baby but think its more so long as head is right down n feet still kicking right under ribs! Not back now for another 3 weeks but back to gp every week until then to keep an eye on bp.
    Weather is awful depressing here today, hasn't stopped raining at all! I am lying out watching tele, not planning on moving anytime soon :-)
    how is all?? Everyone taking it easy?? Xx

i wont say the weather is fantastic here but its fine, really windy and over cast and really really warm, i cant handle the heat at all,

i hope all todays appointments are going well,

new look i was thinking of you watching the twins last night, would be great if they kept you in on wednesday, as you said yourself the twins are a great size now, they would be fine x

still have the crick in my neck too :(

delighted your bp is well down Gee G, could be a kidney infection, just make sure that you drink loads of water and you should be ok x

That's great gee g your bps is down so much! Taking it easy is paying off! Oct im jealous of you out in the sun eating pineapple sounds fair relaxing, wonder will the. Pineapple work? New look you must be fed up now hope wed will bring good news and Aug babies!! betsie have you tried putting a face cloth soaked in hot water on your neck to relax the muscles.
    Been on the ball watching come dine with me all afternoon :-)

no i must try that, just hot water is it ?

how did you find it on the ball pushkii?? i just went for a small walk with the dog, and im wrecked after it, enjoyed it though, i needed some fresh air

Ya just hot water i pulled a muscle in my neck about a year ago and i found it really helped. The ball is helping my back but my ribs are just so tender. Ouch! Nearly fell over laughing my cat tried to jump on the ball and just went flying!! I can see how easy it is to pull a muscle in your stomach betsie !

• Advertisement

i must try that after dinner pushki thanks :)

haha ah i love it, the poor cat get a fright :) see its very easy happen haha :):)

Advertisement