Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Just googled raspberry leaf tea. It is said to help streghten the muscles of the uterus, it does not as such induce labour but enables the labour to progress at a good steady pace. Studies have shown that women that have drink the tea have a little bit of a faster 2nd stage of labour. But the tea should be drank a few weeks in advance of labour as it takes a few weeks to accumulate in the body.
    Sounds good i think ill get it tomorrow :-)
    Is anyone doing perennial massage by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

i think i'm gonna try it pushkii, the massage. Its worth a try if it prevented any tearing. Its funny googling it, i looked it up before and all the pictures that come up!i was nearly embarassed ha ha. Think its bit awkward to do when big belly in the way but god loves a trier :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

that massage would be difficult with the big belly i would think :) had never heard of it before, worth a try i suppose :)

my heartburn is the same, i asked the doc today and she just told me to suffer on,

the tea cant do any harm anyway, drink away, i did buy a pinapple today too :)

Ya it does look gross but ill definitely give it a go if it helps with tearing. Id agree with you its very awkward to do with the big belly though anything that helps i guess

i actually did find plain vanilla icecream good enough for heartburn Betsie but only kind of short term relief.i actually feel like crying everytime i feel this bad, my poor oh listening to me banging on about all my bloody ailments, i'd say he'll be as glad as me for this to be all over!!:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hope the pineapple works for you betsie it did feck all for me, ate so much of it I can't look at a pineapple again!

Think I'll give the tea a miss, I'm a bit wary of herbal preparations etc

at this stage i dont know will anything work, i think baby is too happy in there :)

my oh is the same i htink he just nods and agrees with everything i say now, he just wants it to be over too i think, he has had enough too :)

i just asked him to get me some vanilla icecrean on way home from work, ill try anything now at this stage,

Good luck with the pineapple betsie, i was eying one up today but decided against it. Im definitely not ready for labour Yet although the pain in the ribs is getting to me now though :-(
    I really feel for you gee g and betsie with the heartburn , i hope the ice cream helps :-) did you eat many pineapple s October ?:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I started with the tea at 34 weeks, one cup a day, and worked up to 3 cups a day now. I like the taste of it, but I like herbal teas anyway. I find that the bitterness is a bit less if you leave it for a couple of mins to infuse. They say it is to strengthen the uterine muscles, but if you continue to take it after the birth its supposed to help shrink the uterus back as well. Got it in health shop.

My bump is definitely lower as well, lots of pressure and as soon as I stand up I have to go to the loo, fed up using the bathroom now, my hands are wrecked from washing them all the time!

Got some more soup made today for freezing and some more meatballs too. Wrecked now, feet very swollen today. And got my wash dried as well!

Re the perennial massage, I can honest to god barely wipe my ass, there is no way I'd reach down that far for longer than 10 seconds!!

October, I think that girl belongs to me on the list!!

Sorry SSFG got mixed up :-P. That tea seems to be a wonder product :-) i wonder if new look has any news?! She hasn't been on for a while :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

pushkii wrote: »
    Feck it gee g! Don't know how i left you out ill fix it soon, my head is all over the place. I think baby is dropping my bump feels all weird and ive pressure all down below. Betsie hope your app goes well. I actually felt a bit sick earlier on too i think its the weather

Pushki, I feel exactly the same as you. Terrible pressure down low. We are due only 2 days apart! I was feeling really sick yesterday too. The BH continued during the night. I was walking around downstairs at 3.30 this morning. I was trying to remember what labour felt like, so just proves all is forgotten lol.

Its a race kin!! i keep feeling a pinching / burning at the top of my bump. I don't think she has dropped at all :-( id say you'll go before me though I haven't had any baton hicks at all

the top of my bump is real itchy the last while too,

im starting to get board and fed up having all the aches and pains etc, im done im ready for it to be over now

Not long for you betsie now, when is your next hospital app?

Not long for you betsie now, when is your next hospital app?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Girls my sister used the raspberry tea for 4 weeks before labour and found it good. We r a family If women who all go overdue and she went a week early so was happy with that.
    Finished knitting my first baby hat a while ago, finding it helps to be sitting down and relaxing but still doing something with my hands so its not boring.
    I'm going to limerick maternity, so I might see u there pushki.
    I would say try the perineal massage girls, I never heard of it till this pregnancy, I had a very bad tear with my daughter that I wouldn't wish on anyone so do.whatever u can to avoid it.
    Sorry to lower the tone but is anyone getting waxed for their due date? I usually use veet but getting a section and don't want the nurses to shave me, ;( when I had my daughter I thought Feck it , I can t 'even see down there and the nurses have seen it all before, then I was working with a student midwife who was laughing about a birth she attended and the state If the hairyness of the lady in labour.
    I can't wait for the first of us to have our babies, can we post up pics here when we do?

im back in the hospital next thursday pushkii

trish im not getting waxed anyway, ill tidy myself up a bit but im not going to get too worried about it, im sure there is nothing that the midwives have not seen before :)

im up for posting pics anyway :)

im back in the hospital next thursday pushkii

trish im not getting waxed anyway, ill tidy myself up a bit but im not going to get too worried about it, im sure there is nothing that the midwives have not seen before :)

im up for posting pics anyway :)

tishandy i'm just planning on using the veet cream. I'm a beautician and usually would never use veet cream but judging by how sore it is to get waxing done while u have ur period i'd say it is v sore while pregnant! You're a lot more sensitive. Thats just my opinion anyway!
    Betsie i wonder is that itching anything to do with bp being high, midwife asked me the other day was i having much itchiness?? Dunno! How the icecream go down?apologies about spelling in any of my posts by the way but always on my phone now n this bloody automatic spell check thing keeps changing what i write

tishandy i'm just planning on using the veet cream. I'm a beautician and usually would never use veet cream but judging by how sore it is to get waxing done while u have ur period i'd say it is v sore while pregnant! You're a lot more sensitive. Thats just my opinion anyway!
    Betsie i wonder is that itching anything to do with bp being high, midwife asked me the other day was i having much itchiness?? Dunno! How the icecream go down?apologies about spelling in any of my posts by the way but always on my phone now n this bloody automatic spell check thing keeps changing what i write

• Advertisement

i don't know gee g was not asked had i any itching, hmmm

ice cream went down a treat thanks for that tip :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I bought the veet bikini cream today lol. My friend is a midwife and she said they have seen all sorts :eek:It will be the last thing we will be worried about when we are in labour!

I can't get Boards on my phone, I better sort it out soon, I would go crazy not getting on here for a few days.

Pushki it will be interesting to see will we go within a few days of each other.

ha ha, it wasn't meant to be a treat betsie, its for medicinal purposes ;-)
    Ye i really think being groomed down there Wil be last thing on our minds is right, we'll have lost all dignity at that stage ha x

I know Kinori or they may both arrive on the same day! Might see you inn limk Tishandy :-) im not going to wax down there ill shave. As someone said its nothing like they haven't seen before. Although id be mortified going in with hairy legs and armpits, :-P have a razor packed just in case
    Do you think they'll offer you a sweep betsie?
    has anyone decided on pain relief?

yeah, i have. I want an epidural. I just hope i get it that it doesn't end up being too late or something.
    What bout u pushkii?

Ya gee g the epi for me too and anything else they offer. I think pain relief is the business!! Don't know how id deliver without it!

SSFG- yeah that must have been your girl alright! Not too long now til I find out if the mistake was true or not :)

pushkii- I had a big lunch box of chopped pineapple and it was gone in a day and a half, same with the litre of pineapple juice...probably nearly gave myself gestational diabetes in the process with all that sugar!

Yeah I managed to wax myself last week, I'd just feel more comfortable having it done. Also with going swimming twice a week I've had to keep the old bikini line in shape!

I'm going into the labour with an open mind with regard to the pain relief, will see how I cope with gas and air, TENS etc and if I'm not managing then will go for the epidural. Don't want the pethidine injection though. I think some people put too much emphasis on wanting to do it completely natural with no pain relief, fair play to those who do, but I think you risk setting yourself up for disappointment if you can't manage or if you need some intervention. Sure you wouldn't get a tooth pulled with no anaesthetic, so I think you'd be mad not to avail of the pain relief if it's there! Each to there own though I suppose.

Having lots of weird pressure right down low tonight, feels like its nearly in my bum if that sounds weird?! Hope its a good sign! Also I'm the same with the itching, all on my bump and arms. Will mention it to the GP tomorrow

Ya kin definitely tell the Dr about the itching. I have little pimples on my bump but i think they're from the bio oil.
    Oct that was some amount of pineapple !! Wow! Eeekk can't wait for the first Aug baby :-D

That's so weird I have those little pimples too, was thinking they were from the bio oil as well. They're odd alright cos they've been the same pimples for a few months like they haven't gotten bigger or smaller or disappeared like normal pimples. I don't mind too much though cos the bio oil seems to be doing its job!

• Advertisement

i hope i get offered a sweep, Im bringing my bags in the car too just to be on the safe side :-)

as for pain relief all i know is i don't want that pethadine injection but Im open to anything else, i don't really know how i will cope with the pain,

Advertisement