Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ugh awful nights sleep, so fed up of this :(
    How is everyone today? I have the GP in a few hours, hopefully all will go well

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Good luck Oct at the gp. Ya its so strange about the bumps but im definitely not stopping the bio oil now. Ugh have a meeting with a solicitor soon. Never thought things would come to this :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

awful nights sleep too, i feel like a cripple, between pains in my pelvis and my hip,

hope the doc goes well for you october :)

good luck with the solicitor today pushki, your doing the right thing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

i vaguely remember what it is like to have a good nights sleep! I was full sure baby was on its way all night, serious pressure down there all night, was up every half hour i'd say for the loo. And i have to get up now cos have a funeral to go to!
    Quick question, how come Ye are saying no pethidine injection?? I had this last year after surgery and it was the only thing that gave me any relief whatsoever. If i'm having long labour before epidural time i will def be looking for this :-)
    also, about the bio oil, how is everyone doin with the stretchmarks?? I have good few now on tummy but they're not v bad one's, as in they are not a v aggressive kind of but keeping Wel moisturised so hoping they will fade nicely after!

Good luck with the solicitor pushkii, you're doing the right thing.
    GeeG the reason I don't want the pethidine is because it can make you feel nauseaous and it can cross the placenta to the baby and make them drowsy when they're born, so could make latching on difficult if you're breastfeeding.
    Just back from GP, she was examining my belly and goes oh baby is very high, you won't be going anytime soon, I'll see you again in 2 weeks. Ugh so frustrated, I was told last week by the midwife that the head was engaged!! I thought she could have been a bit more sensitive how she worded it. Came home and had a good cry :( I dunno maybe I just took it the wrong way, stupid hormones and sleep deprivation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Pushkii best of luck with the solicitor hope you get some sort of resolution or peace of mind today, badly needs to be sorted before labour.

I'm hoping to be as open minded about the pain relief in labour. I've a TENS machine, I hope to labour as long as I can at home with this. Will use gas and air. Hope not to have an epidural if I'm honest from the point of view that you have to lie down for the pushing then, and I'd rather try to stay walking as long as I can. I'm not going to say no to it though if I feel like I'm not coping with the pain. Really don't want to touch pethidine, it makes the baby drowsy so I'd rather not risk it, but I know of someone who used it recently and had no problem with it, not for me though.

My hands and feet are really really itchy it's driving me barmy.

oh go away Gee G, how are you feeling this morning? sorry to hear you have to go to a funeral, hope your ok x i just dont want it to affect the baby, im using the palmers body butter for stretch marks, im not too worried about them though, i had alot of stretch marks i was a very big girl when i was a teenager, still not skinny but not what i was

october, sorry to hear that the doc didnt go well, she having a bad day maybe? did you think that the baby had dropped? try not to worry about it too much

ssfg do you live close to the hospital? i would be kinda afraid to labour for too long at home coz i have a bit of a drive to get to the hospital, be afraid that i would be delivering at the side of a road :)

Yeah I often feel like baby is higher in the morning and then drops down again during the day. Went for a very long brisk walk which seems to have helped shift him or her down a bit.
    Oh god can ya imagine giving birth on the side of the road!! :O dont think poor OH would have a clue what to do!

ssfg do you live close to the hospital? i would be kinda afraid to labour for too long at home coz i have a bit of a drive to get to the hospital, be afraid that i would be delivering at the side of a road :)

I'm an hours drive from the hospital, but I am still determined to last as long as possible at home. Hate the thought of walking up and down the corridors in a sweltering hospital :eek: they said at my antenatal classes to start heading for the hospital when contractions are 20 mins apart.

just in from funeral, nearly heeled over in church with the heat and baby decided it would be a good time to practice its riverdance routine :-) v hard to sit still in mass when ur being beaten up on the inside ha ha. So heading off now soon to gp, fingers crossed bp has stayed down. It is gorgeous day here today, cant wait to get home n open up the house n sit outside :-)
    how is everyone now? October you feeling better? Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Girls my advice about the pain relief is don't rule anything out. With my first my waters went the Monday night around 3 am, (That was after a sweep the Monday morning). Went to the hospital where they examined me. I was admitted they examined me every few hours or so. When I got to the labour ward they examined me again and I was 7 cenitmetres so it was too late for epidural. I had gas and air, oh and the tens machine which I thought was a total waste of time.
    With the second fella I was induced at 7 am in the morning. I had dreadful pains all day but no dialation. Bounced and walked all day to bring his head down. By 7 o'clock that evening I was wrecked. I was offered pethadine to help me relax. I fell asleep until 11. My friend phoned me and as I was talking she was taking note of how I was talking to her. She told me to straight down to the labour ward. I remember walking down and the midwives just jumped up and brought me in. I was 6 centimetres, too late for epidural again. I was dilating fast and he was born just before 12 with gas and air. There was no problem with him being drowsy he latched on straight away.
    I am terrified of needles, I couldn't handle the thoughts of it going in my back. Think that's why I was so afraid of the section. But it's like this baby could be a 10 pounder and I might be screaming for one lol

Every person and every delivery is different. So rule nothing out or in.

i wont be rushing straight to the hospital but i do think i would prefer to be there then at home, im about 40 mins from the hospital.

wonder how new looks appointment went, she hasnt been on here in a few days, i wonder is there any news

gee g its as if baby know you have to sit still and decides that im going to beat you up now haha :) hope your appointment goes well x

kin i cant imagine the tens machine does that much really, the only thing i know i dont want is the pethadine, i am open to everything else :)

maybe she was kept in yest?? :-)
    could be the start of our baby BOOM!!

maybe :) im mad to know now haha

I wonder has she had the babies. I can't wait to find out.

Just wondering Betsie is there something you heard about pethadine. I will take it this time too if it's offered. I never heard anything bad about it. A few people on here seem to be against it. I know October said it can pass to the baby but I thought whatever you get in the epidural can do the same. I'm confused :eek:

I have zero energy today. The nesting urge is well and truly over.

Very funny this morning I put on a lovely cotton sundress. It was so comfy. Both the boys looked funny at me. One said what are you wearing, I don't like it. I must have looked like a walking tent or something. :)

i heard it can make you very sleepy and unaware of what is going on, i don't know though

did you change out of the dress, at this stage now i kinda don't really care what Im wearing once im comfortable :-)

Of course I changed, It must have been bad when they commented on it lol! Or maybe its so long since I wore a dress they got a shock.

I wonder with the pethadine do they give it like in my case that time when I was nowhere near delivery. I wasn't dilating when they gave it to me but having contractions. It did make me sleep but it worked. My friend said it was great to get things started. I was totally aware of what was happening during his delivery and like I said he was fine. I wonder is it not pain relief as such, just something to relax the Mother. It's possibly not given during true labour. I must google it.

maybe so if you get it early enough it would be ok, Im open to anything really within reason, Im not going to try be a hero or anything

"Pethidine's recommended for women who are experiencing a long labour. You may be having mild contractions continuously for a day or more and although they're not strong enough to make your cervix open up, they are enough to stop you sleeping.

If you're exhausted, your perception of pain's raised, you become more easily distressed and feel unable to cope. Sleep deprivation can cause your body to tense, which prevents your cervix from opening up. Because pethidine is a sedative and a muscle relaxant, it’s often used to allow you to sleep – you’ll wake up feeling more able to cope, and it can help soften up a fairly ‘tense’ cervix."

Makes more sense now. I was contracting for 12 hours when they gave it me, it relaxed me made me sleep and dilated me to 6 cm's all in one go!

maybe so if you get it early enough it would be ok, Im open to anything really within reason, Im not going to try be a hero or anything

Your right Betsie. Jesus it wont be long now and we will be in there. Have your BH stopped or are you still getting them? We might even cross paths in there. Have you packed a little sheet for the cot in the hospital. I remember from the ante natal classed to bring one. Don't ask how I remembered it.

• Advertisement

no still getting bh on and off, i never thought of a sheet, nothing was said at the lot of classes i went too, i must pack one or two thanks :-)

you never know we might cross paths

Hi girls thanks for the kind words today :-) i went to see the solicitor and it was very tough i'm still trying to digest all the info but i'm glad i went and found out things before the baby arrives. Its going to be a long road ahead as the father wants a part in the child's life but i feel more in control of things now that i have some facts. I was pretty down after it but i have to be strong for my little girl :-) x

Aw Pushki, that must have been so hard for you. It's good you feel more in control. You really do need to stay strong for the next few weeks and months for your little girl's sake and your own too x

pethidine relaxes ur body, you may sleep but u may also be glad of sleep when it comes to pushing time :-) it was my saviour after my surgery last year as nothing else worked :-)
    so i was back with gp, blood pressure has stayed down, thank god. She does not think i am goin to last much longer, so she wants me back wed! My sis came back from a weeks hols yest n couldn't get over how bloated my face is, seemingly also a good sign(happened her just before she had her 2) so here's hoping! Ill be out walking from tomor :-)
    pushkii, glad u are feeling a lot better about things, now u can sit back and relax and not worry x x

Gee_G wrote: »
    just in from funeral, nearly heeled over in church with the heat and baby decided it would be a good time to practice its riverdance routine :-) v hard to sit still in mass when ur being beaten up on the inside ha ha. So heading off now soon to gp, fingers crossed bp has stayed down. It is gorgeous day here today, cant wait to get home n open up the house n sit outside :-)
    how is everyone now? October you feeling better? Xx

Yeah feeling a lot better thanks, went for lunch with my friend so that helped cheer me up.

Oh how great would it be if new look has had her babies, so exciting!! :D

Lol Kinori remembered that too about the sheet:-) gee g poor you a funeral and gp app in one day, its good your bp is ok. Hopefully we will all have a smooth weekend, although i am wondering about new look :-D
    Oct that must have been very disappointing what the Dr said hopefully she's wrong.
    I like the sound of that pethedine! injection at the moment :-) would love to go into liberation for a night or two

i just watched one born every minute i had recorded n i got so excited i cried!
    I just thought do ya know something, f**k the labour and pain n whatever i just cant wait to have my baby :-)
    now that all might change when i come down off this little high ha ha

I know gee g im trying not to get excited but this is the most exciting thing ever to happen all of us its bigger than any holiday or Christmas aah getting butterflies :-)

i think Im going to pass out with the heat, Im melting here :-(

pushki Im glad you feel better after going to the solicitor, at least you know where you stand now

• Advertisement

Pushkii, glad you feel better after the solicitor, it can't be easy at all.

Re the pain relief, the TENS machine is supposed to be better in early labour. According to my ante natal class, the epidural does not cross the placenta, but pethidine does cross it.
    It's just a personal preference for me I'd rather not take something that will cross the placenta, but we won't know what happens in labour until we are there.

Advertisement