Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

as long as you are comfortable on the ball i would say its ok, i tend to maybe watch one of the soaps on it every day so about 30mins is all, im the same too much longer and my back is sore.

would be great if the sweep worked for you the day after the wedding :) i loved what you said earlier everyone else drunk and us in the corner with our rennies oh thought it was brilliant :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ha ha its so true though i remember going to a party a few months ago and sneakily taking the gaviscon out of my bag to take slurps !! My next hospital app is Aug the 7th but i guess i should go to the gp before then. Oh my god Oct you could have the baby this time next week!! Im so excited :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Haha it's so true though betsie isn't it! :P

I'm so excited too pushkii, trying not to get my hopes up but it's so hard! Praying the sweep works but I suppose baby will come when it's ready, he/she seems very comfortable where they are!

Oh I can't wait to start hearing everyone's good news, following the July thread was so exciting, but it's even more exciting hearing about our group I'm still so delighted for new look! We'll all have to keep in touch once babies are here :)

Yes definitely Oct !! I was just reading over the thread last night from when new look found out she was expecting twins, to our first scans to our bumps showing! We really have come so far together and even though the July thread was great it will be so touching to see all the august babies making their arrivals :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Girls, a lazy afternoon here watching telly and lying on couch, maybe I should get out and walk, woke this morning with period type cramps they were minor but isn't that progress, and now nothing, I feel im getting nowhere. I remember at ante-natel classes midwife saying if anyone was unhappy with not been seen too often at hospital just turn up on your usual clinic day, mine being a monday and just say you were concerned about something, those of you with high bp etc if you are concerned and want to see someone other than gp than if i were you it would be worth it, I have normal bp and not really s having any problems besides being scared and impatient, but I still cant believe that im not called back again till im overdue!!!!! WHAT!!! gp is great but always feel so rushed and never am any the wiser coming out, we need scans!!!!

• Advertisement

I think that is very strange Rose that they want to see you after your due date, do you think they made a mistake? I think ill watch from here to maternity, never watched any of the baby programmes since i got pregnant. I hope it doesnt scare the living daylights out of me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Aww a trip down memory lane pushkii, I must have a read back! Yeah rose that is odd alright, at least your GP is good. Really not mad about mine, I'm half considering finding a new GP once baby is born but from what I've heard its hard to find a surgery in my area willing to take on new patients.
    Yeah pushkii if I remember correctly tonight they're showing home births! Brave women :O

i have loved this thread, it was so nice to have others going through the same as me and, i loved having somewhere to complain too,

i think my baby is very happy where she is, there is no signs at all of her wanting to make her appearance :( both my sisters went 2 weeks over with there 1st too so im kinda thinking thats the way i could go too :( i hope not though haha :)

i agree with october we should all keep in touch afterwards. im all excited to start meeting the august babies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Going to a solicitor on wednesday ;)

Only 4 weeks left after wednesday. Once i meet my son, i know i won't give a **** about his daddy anymore lol

That's fantastic Belfast medic. It will really help, you are doing the right thing. Once you meet your son nothing else will matter xx

• Advertisement

That's fantastic Belfast medic. It will really help, you are doing the right thing. Once you meet your son nothing else will matter xx

that's good belfast, i hope things work out ok for you

How are you feeling today betsie?

im not too bad today pushkii, the usual complaints but nothing major, how are you x

Im not bad at all today, despite not sleeping getting terrible nightmares :-( on the plus side im in major nesting mode. Finally getting things together. I can't believe its nearly Aug!

i know cant believe it either, i never thought i would get to this stage and now im here its exciting and scary at the same time,

my nesting instinct is gone haha

Id say the nesting can get old ill be sick of it by tomorrow :-) its very quiet on here today... Surely the Aug babies aren't coming already!!

was only thinking that myself pushki saying it was very quite here today,

just had my dog at the vet she has been eating her paws the last 2weeks and they were getting red and she was starting to loose hair on them, i was getting worried, she has the dogs version of fecking hayfeaver and is on steriods for it, now all i have to do is figure out how to give her the tablets as she is the worlds worst for taking tablets haha

Aw the poor dog :-( who thought dogs could get hayfever. If you stick the tablet in a lump of cheese she mightn't notice. I used to do that with my cats. My dogs would swallow anything!
    I went for a walk earlier and its so funny im so slow the dogs run ahead and lie down to wait for me to catch up!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hello Everyone :)

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Saturday night we were watching tv and i started to feel very uneasy. so i got up, walked around. i was very uncomfortable i had a pain going across the top of my bump, around in to the top of my back (pain going into my shoulder blade). I managed to vomit a tiny little bit (sorry if too much info) and did everything to try get comfortable. The pain started at around half ten.12 O'Clock i decided to go to bed in the hope that i would get comfortable and relax. i turned on a DVD, i felt a tiny bit better for a while but was finding it difficult to breath with the pain. I got up aound 12.50 and drank some milk as i was having a touch of heart burn. Still no relief regarding the pain. i sat on a massagae chair thinking that i may have pulled a muscle in my back or something. my bump was all tight and i just felt all packed with wind (even tho i knew i wasnt) and horrible. 1.30 i couldn't take it any longer so i rang the care doc, and explained my problem. She rang back and told me to head over to see the doc. Not feeling any better in car on the way. got to the doc, checked temp, blood pressure etc. lay up pn the table examied my bump, tender up across the top of my bump. doc thought i was a bit hard as if like i was having contractions. I had a tiny bit of pressure but no pain whatsoever with it. he filled up a form and told me to head on to the hospital to get checked out. Hard to understand him as he wasnt a Irish National. But mentioned something aboout gall stones. me and my bf were a little worried at this stage. just was i was leaving the doc office i said i dont feel great, still in pain. Used the bathroom and got sick again. we went and got into the car to head for the hospital. Pain started to ease off and started to feel somewhat normal again. but said we better go down to be sure. Could feel baby moving, so i wasnt to worried. got to the hospital we were sent straight down to the maternity ward as im over the 20 weeks. we were seen straight away as it was now 3.05. gave them a urine sample, midwife hooked me up to a machine checked babies heartbeat, my pulse and you could see when i was having a touch of pressure. baby had perfect heartbeat. urine sample came back that i had too many keytones in my urine. described the pain i had earlier in the night to the midwife, she said it sounded very like gall stones. she called for the doc to come and examine me. had to weight a while for him to come as A&E was busy. He checked me over wasnt too concerned as all my pain and symptoms were gone. he just said to the midwife for me to get some tea/ toast and give a urine sample again and if i could keep that down and the keytones in my urine were gone down i could go home. just as i was finishing my tea/toast another midwife came in and said that i was ok for me to go home. I asked did she want me to give another urine sample she said ah no you'll be grand. So i went to the loo and we walked out to the nurses station and said we were leaving. the orginal midwife said have you a urine sample, i told her i was told by the other midwife she didnt need it. in i had to go and start drinking water. Orginal midwife came in said i'll hook you up to an IV drip and take a blood test. Blood test came back ok iron etc. said i had an infection, i think now it may have been a kidney infection. 2nd unrine test came back, she said it was still high in keytones but and gone down a slight bit. was wrecked now at this stage as it was 7.20. but said i could go home if i promised to drink loads rest and eat small meals little and often. Obviously i agreed. She said if it happens again to ask my doc to request i go for a ultrasound to check to gall stones. Feel great since, lots of energy today. sorry for the long post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

New Look, many congratulations on the birth of you baby boys x Fantastic news :)

How are you feeling now excited? That was an eventful night. Hope you are feeling well now.

I had my GP appointment this evening. Babies head is down, not engaged. She said I will be going nowhere tonight but make sure the car has petrol later in the week!!

Can we not keep this thread going after the babies come? It would be nice to have the bit of support for a few months at least.

ah excited that sounds something like what happened me a few weeks back, the pain is awful, i had a kidney infection and a pulled muscle in my stomach, glad your feeling better now though x

pushki i put the tablet in a tiny bit of butter and she didn't even notice that she had taken it, was a great idea thanks :-)

Excited, sounds like you got a fright :-( hope you are feeling better. And you got the all clear from the hospital.
    Kinori its great you got on well at your gp , did she say how long it would take for the head to engage or could it just happen suddenly? I think we'll be lurking in this thread until someone shuts it down :-) we need somewhere to rave about our little ones!!
    Ha ha betsie glad the doggie fell for that trick :-)

sorry kin only saw your message now, glad head is down, and we are heading in the right direction :-)

i don't see why this thread can't be kept going after, or maybe start a new one in the new born section? but yeah i think the support would be brilliant

Yeah Pushki , because the baby still has room to move it won't engage until labour starts yikes!! I am so ready to meet this little one. So looking forward to the boys meeting the baby. My 3 year old found a swimming nappy today and thought it was for the new baby! He was like ah look at the little nappy. It's not so long he is out of nappies himself lol

kinioiri wrote: »
    New Look, many congratulations on the birth of you baby boys x Fantastic news :)

How are you feeling now excited? That was an eventful night. Hope you are feeling well now.

I had my GP appointment this evening. Babies head is down, not engaged. She said I will be going nowhere tonight but make sure the car has petrol later in the week!!

Can we not keep this thread going after the babies come? It would be nice to have the bit of support for a few months at least.

I had same at GP head down but not engaged, interesting that she said later in week, I forgot to ask when should I expect head to engage and would I feel it happening!!!

Excited - Hope you are feeling better after that ordeal. xx

Oh right kin, i was kind of thinking oh well if head is not engaged then i havent a hope of going into labour but that may not be the case then, I think though that I read somewhere that head will always engage in first pregnancies before labour not so much in subsequent pregnancies, but like I said I read it somewhere I think or did I dream that, having very vivid dreams lately.
    And have no instinct to nest - had last week but this week Im like where is the bed the chair the couch, anywhere at all I can park my behind on.

Weighed myself today OMG I have put on 4 stone during this pregnancy, yikes!!!!

Rose35 wrote: »
    I had same at GP head down but not engaged, interesting that she said later in week, I forgot to ask when should I expect head to engage and would I feel it happening!!!

Excited - Hope you are feeling better after that ordeal. xx[/QUOTE

I don't know when the head engaged on my last pregnancies. Can't see anything in my notes. I hope I don't go later in the week, we must head up home for a mass Friday night and we are collecting our new car.

I don't know how we will know if head is engaged, I can't imagine anymore pressure down there :/

Labor Prediction Quiz

Did a labour prediction quizz in justmommies.com, would be happy with this!

Your labor prediction quiz results are below....

Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 3 hours long.

This is for entertainment purposes only.[/I]

• Advertisement

That is so cute about your little sons being all excited to meet the baby id say they are more impatient than mammy is:-) .
    Rose im having really vivid and horrible dreams at the moment too. I hope its just a phase. I haven't gone near the scales rose they are evil :-) but listening to the some of the July girls the weight falls off after baby comes a lot of the weight is fluid.

Advertisement