Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ha ha you never know betsie o think we'd need a nuclear explosion to get the august babies moving!! That's handy your oh can be with you so soon :-) and the dog is great company! My dogs definitely know something is going they have got a lot less hyper and don't jump up on me anymore!! Its amazing how they can be so intuitive!!

Did the Dr feel to see how far down the babys head is gee g?

We haven't heard from Laura in ages... Or SSFG come to think of it ... Or Kinori!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

i can see my dog being jealous too, but i think she will get over it, i was told to get oh to bring home a vest or babygrow before the baby comes home leave her sniff it bed just leave it around the place x

no Im on my own all day from 8 until half 6 but oh can be home from work in 20mins if he has to be, its just me and the dog :-)

its very close today, fecking raining though, maybe the heat might make stuff happen for us haha:-)

Just to chip in here (we are due this month too, but I haven't really be active in this thread!) - for our first we had to do the dog introduction thing (we have three dogs). And this is what we did:

* Weeks before baby was due we made sure they were nice and obedient with regards sitting, staying etc

* When baby was born I would bring home the days clothes each evening to wash. Before washing them I allowed the dogs sniff the babies clothes (while being obedient and sitting down). I did this every day until the baby came home

* When the baby came home my wife stood with the baby when the dogs came into the house. They were naturally excited, but once they started to calm down my wife sat down and allowed the dogs come over and sniff the baby.

For a few weeks the dogs were very curious of the baby, but once you are in control of the situation they learn very quickly that the baby is an important part of the "pack" and very quickly they just get used to the baby. Our little fella is one year old now, and the dogs love him and he loves them. They are extremely gentle with him, but still we would not leave him alone with them - he could easily pull their hair or ears and the dogs could react. Overall I would say just be calm and authoritative, dogs are extremely good at reading emotions and signs and they will realise very quickly where the baby lies in the pecking order and react accordingly. Also make sure you don't suddenly start ignoring the dogs once the baby comes home, they may associate the baby with the change of behavior and that could cause issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

ya'd need it october with the heat in there, i nearly passed out in there the day of ante natal class!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah a few of the girls have been very quiet...i wonder is there any news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

kin said she would be away for the weekend didn't she? wonder have any of the others any news though ;-)

my dog is def the queen around here but she knows her place too, and she knows something is going on too, Im not too worried about her, she is good to adjust

gave in to eating anyway haha :-)

it normally takes oh 30 mins to get to and from work, but when we had the scare at the start of the pregnancy he was with me exactly 20mins from hanging up the phone

• Advertisement

wouldn't it be great if there was a few we just hadn't heard about! Is laura not gone away for few days n no broadband where she is?? I could be dreaming that but thought i read it!

Yes pushkii, my babs is engaged and good to go! There's just no panic on it :-)
    Oh was it kin that was goin away?? I knew twas someone :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`m not gone quiet anyway still here grumbling!

theg81der wrote: »
    I`m not gone quiet anyway still here grumbling!

you poor thing, nothing stirring at all no?

is there any news on mink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Nothing betsie flighin around and feel great everyone says I look 7 months. Mink had her wee boy yesterday - he`s gorgeous! So I`m really paddy last. Sweep tomorrow, woke up thinking it was thursday and cried my eyes out when I realised it wasn`t.

oh go away, i hope your sweep works, its mad how easy it is to make us cry x

that's great about mink, did her home birth work out for her

• Advertisement

Aww im delighted for mink. :-) thats great gee g head engaged!
    Lets all eat our pineapple bounce on the ball and have hot baths and sex (for those who have a oh that is and see if we can get things started :-)

i swear to jesus Ye may laugh but i am not fit for any of the above!! Ha ha

Aw thats great news about mink, delighted for her!
    theg81der you poor thing. How far over are you now? What's your hospitals policy on how far they let you go before induction? I have a sweep in the morning too so fingers crossed for us :)
    Actually pushkii- when they gave you the sweep did they give you a maternity pad after or should I bring one?

Im so jealous of all the sweeps going on, i am sick of all the calls texts and Facebook messages, my mother even sick of people asking her haha x hopefully won't be much longer

Betsie don't get me started on the texts and Facebook messages. Someone even asked yesterday how much longer will I be- how in the name of god would I know that?!!

god October if you could tell that it would be great haha :-)

Oct i was lucky i had a pad with me they didn't give me one at all. Sorry if tmi but when i got up to pull up my pants blood went everywhere. So bring baby wipes too.
    Im here drinking my tea bouncing on the ball and already ate a pineapple. Ggetting a few cramps on and off but i don't really know if its anything to do with labour.
    I really feel for ye getting all the msgs :-( im so glad i changed my number a few days ago. All the texts are from Vodafone lol:-)

go away would you bleed that much after it ? never really thought about that that much,

i just went to town and got another pineapple, sure if it doesnt work at least its not bad for me :) bouncing on my ball too

bet your delighted you changed you number pushki for lots of reasons :)

Ok cool thanks for that pushkii. I'm glad now I didn't get my sweep last week, I would have been so unprepared and I was wearing light coloured trousers! :eek:
    I'm so tempted to just turn my phone off altogether. If it wasn't for having to keep OH updated while he's in work or staying in his parents then I think I would!

Ya betsie its such a relief i don't want anyone to know when im in there, i only gave my new no to two other people so im avoiding all texts from everyone else too :-D Im not even logging on to Facebook! Im starting to get used to the hermit life:-) just had a hot bath and on my second pineapple. Does anyone else feel the pineapple cuts your mouth?

• Advertisement

There can be kind of sharp spiky bits on the edge that are hard to trim off sometimes, maybe thats whats cutting your mouth?

I cut that off i think its the acid, might have overdone it!! Can't eat any more :-P i really hope the sweep works for you tomorrow Oct x

if they are a bit bitter too it can feel like they are cutting your mouth alright,

Yeah I find that alright betsie. The ones in lidl lately have been lovely and sweet though :)

I hope it works too pushkii. After thinking things were starting over the bank holiday weekend I've literally had no pains the last 2 days. Don't know why but I had myself convinced I'd go early, I wasn't prepared for going over due. Everyone keeps saying ah sure make the most of your last bit of freedom now and just relax- much easier said than done when you're anxious to have baby here right now. My bump does feel a little lower again today though, hopefully that's a good sign :)

Ya the ones i got were fair bitter alright!
    It must be so frustrating think ye'd go early only to go overdue :-( good sign the baby is even lower now Oct, you never know!!
    Id just love to go before the weekend but its looking unlikely and then i won't want to go over the weekend as my mum will be working. Its not having control that is really annoying :-(

oh id love to go now myself never mind the weekend haha, i have a pain in my stomach the last hour but i think its just the way baby is lying

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Baby girl born last Saturday, 7lbs 12oz. Home since Monday tough going with the BFing, am wrecked all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Congratulations SSFG :)

aw Congrats ssfg... Delighted for u x x
    did it all go ok for you? X

• Advertisement

Aww Congrats SSFG im delighted for you xx

Advertisement